_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: AA/AT/Artillery
For discussions about artillery and anti-aircraft or anti-tank guns.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Nebelwerfer Questions
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 - 02:15 PM UTC
I'm doing a "quick" build: Italeri's old nebelwerfer kit. I plan to show it being deployed and loaded: not so much an homage as a complete rip off of a model in one of the early "Verlinden Way" books (vol 2, IIRC). :-)

One thing I would like to add is the vehicle that's been used to tow the nebelwerfer and carry the crew and ammo. If possible, I'd like to use Tamiya's old Hanomag kit (it's in the stash and again, should be a quick build), but I'm not sure that would be very accurate. So, can I get away with that or should I add to the stash and use another vehicle? Would a normal truck be better?

Also, what colour should the nebelwerfer be painted? Verlinden and the kit's instructions suggest grey, but I'm thinking by the stage of the war that the nebelwerfer was introduced, dunkelgelb would be more appropriate.

Oh, and if I come to using AM track links for the Hanomag, I guess I should go for "early" rather than late"?

TIA for your help guys.

Sean
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2006 - 02:17 PM UTC
One of the vehicles used to tow the Nebelwerfer was the SdKfz 11, and I think AFV Club do/did the NW version.

_GOTOTOP