_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
"Duel in the Sky" Official Campaign Thread
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
KitMaker: 5,653 posts
Armorama: 503 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 12:46 PM UTC
Hi all!

With the "Duel" Campaign starting in less than a month, I thought it was time to see if everybody has found an opponent...

Obviously some are still flying around in an empty sky! It would be nice if some enemy show up for them before June 1st!

I noticed there are 19 participants so far:
- 16 have already found a duelist.
- 3 have made a proposition but have no opponent.
- 7 are involved in a duel or have proposed a plane but have not enlisted yet (Idiotstick, Holdfast, alpha-tango, jollyroger, lilaviator, Polarbear and csch)
- 5 have enlisted but made no propositions for an aircraft model yet (Blade26, genet, klimmer, Savage and vanize)

If I forgot someone (I apologize in advance ) or if things have changed, just post a message here and I'll change the table. By the way, Hermon Rector (VonCuda) seems to be MIA since a while... any news of him?

30 days left until the Campaign starts!

Jean-Luc
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
KitMaker: 5,609 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 01:34 PM UTC
Hi Jean-Luc

I just enlisted to the campaign, although I am not sure whether Franks (Clanky44) offer was meant real or just a joke.

Well I have the new FineMolds Ki-10 on preorder so I can be my own opponent :-) :-) :-) :-)

now to find the decals ....

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 03:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I am not sure whether Franks (Clanky44) offer was meant real or just a joke.

Hallo Steffen!

For me it was not a joke but bloody serious! :-)

Jean-Luc
winters1
Visit this Community
Brussels, Belgium
KitMaker: 166 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 04:07 PM UTC
I hope that VonCuda doesn't stay MIA.
If he doesn't show up Newtothegame and I don't have an enemy. We were building a Japanese aircraft and he a P38
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 04:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I hope that VonCuda doesn't stay MIA.
If he doesn't show up Newtothegame and I don't have an enemy. We were building a Japanese aircraft and he a P38

Hi again!

Fabian, VonCuda was away from Armorama since April 2nd... one month! That's not good! I sent him a PM yesterday and I hope he is ok...

I decided to build Classic Airframes 1/48 MS 406

The "Groupe de Chasse 1/2" was based at Toul not far away from were I live... Nigel did you already found an appropriate decal sheet for your Bf 109E ?

Jean-Luc
Grypho
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 100 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 04:59 PM UTC
What a cool idea.... I think

OK, I'm about to embark on a Hasegawa Bg 109 G6......, does that mean I can join in somehow ?

Please please please please let me......

How do I pick an "opponent" ???

newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 07:27 PM UTC
I'll email Hermon. He sounded like he was coming into a fairly busy season, so I'm guessing he has just had a lot going on...

Also, for my second duel (with Wad_Ware) I am going to be doing a Martlet. You don't have to add it to the list, but thought I would mention it.

Leon
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 1,941 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 08:39 PM UTC
Hi all:
IŽm enlisted with a Spitfire Mk Ia in 1/72 but if thereŽs no oponent in sight I can also participate with a Fairey Fulmar Mk I (Mediterranean Theatre) or a P 47 D (British SE Asia) or a Westland Whirlwind all in 1/72 scale.
LetŽs see if an oponent appears now.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 09:06 PM UTC
Hi all

I'd like to repeat my offer to built "any" ww2 fighter. Just tell me what you want and I see if it is possible....

To give some examples: I have an Academy SpitXIVc (as an opponent for your He 111 H-20) which I want to build one day. Also my CA F-5B in Turkish coat of arms is still "half finished" on my bench as is a F-84E (Jakob Kratt, USAF Korean war, which is actually quite advanced)

best wishes

Steffen
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 09:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi all

I'd like to repeat my offer to built "any" ww2 fighter. Just tell me what you want and I see if it is possible....

To give some examples: I have an Academy SpitXIVc (as an opponent for your He 111 H-20) which I want to build one day. Also my CA F-5B in Turkish coat of arms is still "half finished" on my bench as is a F-84E (Jakob Kratt, USAF Korean war, which is actually quite advanced)

best wishes

Steffen

Hi Steffen:

Do you have a kit to oppose to what I offered (Spitfit Mk Ia - Farey Fulmar Mki I - P 47 D (British) - Westland Whirlwind) ?
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 09:34 PM UTC
Hi Carlos

Just tell me what you want! A Bf 109E-4 (no problem) or anything else .. just make a proposal

cheers

Steffen
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 - 10:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

OK, I'm about to embark on a Hasegawa Bg 109 G6......, does that mean I can join in somehow ?

How do I pick an "opponent" ???

Hi Peter!

Of course you can join! You just have to tell us a little bit more about the markings of your Bf 109 G6. Was it a "Defence of the Reich" plane? If yes it could be opposed to the following planes: P-51D, P-47D, P-38, B-17, B-24 etc... If it flew on the eastern front it could be opposed to a lot of soviet aircraft. Then you will have to check back here to see if an opponent show up... it's like a dogfight (see Carlos and Steffen :-) !)

Quoted Text

I'll email Hermon. He sounded like he was coming into a fairly busy season, so I'm guessing he has just had a lot going on...

Also, for my second duel (with Wad_Ware) I am going to be doing a Martlet. You don't have to add it to the list, but thought I would mention it.

Hi Leon!

That's nice! I hope Hermon will respond positively. What planes do you plan to build for your duel with him?
About your second duel, of course I will add it to the list. This will be a duel with three participants: you (Martlet), Wad-Ware (Bf 109E) and Bilko (P-40) is that right?

Quoted Text

Hi Carlos

Just tell me what you want! A Bf 109E-4 (no problem) or anything else .. just make a proposal

cheers

Steffen

Hii Carlos and Steffen!

I let you both fight this out and will add you to the list as soon as you are finished! :-)

Jean-Luc
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hi Steffen:

What do you think about a Battle of Britain duel ? You can go with a Bf 109 E4 and be my Spitfire Mk Ia oponent.
If you accept, what scale youŽre going to build ? My kit is Tamiya in 1/72.

alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 03:59 AM UTC
Hi Carlos

sounds good. I only build 1/48, but that should not be a problem.

I would build the 1/48 Revell (Hasegawa) Bf 109 E-4 (probably in Helmut Wick's markings) OOB with just some seat belts added...

cheers

Steffen
EDC
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 05:50 AM UTC
I'm looking forward to this, I've been getting in some practice on modern jets with some cheap 1/72 Italeri models.
csch
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 06:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Carlos

sounds good. I only build 1/48, but that should not be a problem.

I would build the 1/48 Revell (Hasegawa) Bf 109 E-4 (probably in Helmut Wick's markings) OOB with just some seat belts added...

cheers

Steffen

Ok Steffen, so now we are in. IŽll check the decals set that I got but I think IŽll go with DeereŽs Spitfire Mk Ia of 54th Sqn Hornchurch Base 1940.
warlock0322
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,036 posts
Armorama: 153 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 06:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm looking forward to this, I've been getting in some practice on modern jets with some cheap 1/72 Italeri models.

Praticing on a 1/72 scale!!!!!!!!!!! My oh my Grant. I did that once and went from a 1/72 to a 1/32 scale plane and thought I went from driving a compact car to a Semi tractor... :-) By the way has that big ole Falcon landed yet?

I too am looking foward to this. Been staring at the box and my hands are itching to get started.

By the way Jean-luc great job on the graphic and the ribbon..

Paul
klimmer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 250 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 07:35 AM UTC
Hi guys.
Sorry I have been in a course all week and have not been checking in.

Is anyone up for either a P-38, P-51, or a Corsair?
I have a Bf-109 or a 190 also.
I have a B-17G on the bench also, about 1/4 done.
Let me know if any of these work for any of you.

Ted
VonCuda
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,216 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 08:00 AM UTC
Hi all.
Sorry for the time away but between my increasing workload, kids and other things my time is becoming very limited.

My apologies to my partners, Newtothegame and Winters 1 for not being around lately. I haven't forgotten you guys and I hope to get more time in the coming weeks to get back into the swing of things and
The next time I'm MIA just send me a nasty email. Sometimes it takes a little motivation to get me going again. :-)
I'm still looking forward to this campaign.

VonCuda
TedMamere
Visit this Community
Moselle, France
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:55 AM UTC
Hi all!

Hermon, it's good to see you back here! Maybe you can PM me your mail adress so I can send you nasty messages in the future! :-) By the way, what exactely will you build?

Carlos and Steffen it's nice to have a Battle of Britain build!

Ted, maybe you should PM Peter (Grypho). He wants to build a Bf 109 G6. Maybe this could be something for your B-17G or your P-51?

Grant and Paul I agree with you... it's about time this Campaign starts!

Jean-Luc
EDC
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 101 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

By the way has that big ole Falcon landed yet?

It hasn't arrived yet, these things take time in this part of the world. It should be here for a prompt start though.
alpha_tango
Visit this Community
Germany
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 01:24 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Ok Steffen, so now we are in. IŽll check the decals set that I got but I think IŽll go with DeereŽs Spitfire Mk Ia of 54th Sqn Hornchurch Base 1940.

We are in... I'll build Helmut Wick, Kdr. I./JG 2 "Richthofen"; oct. 1940 Beaumont-le-Roger, France

(Note: the cowl should be yellow on the a/c at that time)

Let's get ready to rumble :-) :-) :-)

cheers

Steffen
Grypho
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 100 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 04:00 PM UTC
Hey Klimmer,

I just PM'd you. Yes I'd love to join you in this campaign. I'm going to build a Hasegawa 1/32 109G6 - I'm trying to represent "Yellow" 6 flown by Fritz Ungar of 9./JG 54 during Feb 1944.

Looking forward to the "Dogfight"

Cheers

Peter
newtothegame
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 588 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 07:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Leon!

That's nice! I hope Hermon will respond positively. What planes do you plan to build for your duel with him?
About your second duel, of course I will add it to the list. This will be a duel with three participants: you (Martlet), Wad-Ware (Bf 109E) and Bilko (P-40) is that right?

Jean-Luc,
With Hermon and Winters, I am building a ki-84 frank.
Yes, it sounds like you have the second duel facts correct

Looks like Hermon is back . I'm glad.
Leon
lampie
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,249 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 11:57 PM UTC
hi Jean Luc

Quoted Text

Nigel did you already found an appropriate decal sheet for your Bf 109E ?

Jean-Luc

Im sure I found a decal sheet and PM'ed you or posted it in a forum but I cant find it again

Im on tour for May/June and will search out a few appropriate decal sheets and post on here with a link for approval.then I can order them so I have them for when I get home.Should be able to start on this in the summer break then
Nige
 _GOTOTOP