_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Inspired by armour modellers
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 04:42 AM UTC
:-) I have been inspired by you armour modellers, on this board, so I went looking for the M1 I was building when I switched to winged things and found this. There are parts for the drivers compartment but they don't look to good, in the pics, so I've left them out. I had forgotten that I had done this, I might just try and get this finished. If I remember, it was a long time ago, I got stuck on the gun breach. Any suggestions?

Mal
gunnerk19
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:49 AM UTC
nice turret interior, Holdfast... i'm building the same kit and ran into the same problem; If you figure out a way, please post your results... If you need it, I can send you some pictures of the 120mm main gun breech...
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 06:25 AM UTC
Thanks but I have the pics, somewhere, I was building this when I was young LOL. I pulled it out after seeing some of the posts on this board. I believe I tried to build the breach using Milliput or something similar, on a piece of brass tube. Building the breach out of plastic card might be the way to go?
If I had managed to build that breach then maybe I would still be modelling armour.................
Or maybe not.
gunnerk19, if I can't find the pics I might need to take you up on your offer.
Mal
BroAbrams
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,546 posts
Armorama: 1,081 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 08:46 AM UTC
DML's M1A1 has the main breach. I am doing the same thing as you guys right now. I have roughed in the hull and drivers compartment. I intend to use the breach from the kit, as it is fair. It needs a little more detail, but is very good to start with. What resources do you have? I have a lot, but feel I need more. I would be willing to share. There is also a drivers compartment "crawl around" posted in Rob' Motorpool.

I have the Verlinden WarMachines, and the Osprey book, as well as Squadron's. Do you guys have anything else? And if so, is it something you can share?

Rob
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 09:05 AM UTC
:-) Hi Rob,
I don't remember what the reference was, like I say, I was building this a very long time ago, not long after it first came out. This is of course the Tamiya kit, I didn't even know there was any others on the market. I will have the book some where, but I've not been able to locate it yet.
Mal
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2003 - 05:42 PM UTC
HI Capt. Holdfast,

Looks like you get to go modular from where you are. With a copy of the TM for the basic tank model you can get more reference material. It doesn't show any of the sensitive equipment, It sort of like a Chilton's for your basic M whatever. I've had pretty good luck digging around in the Army documents sections of various armored commands you can get into right through just abvout any search engine. With what you have it's just lots of little scale fiddle work. Don't forget the canvas covers, wiring conduit, glass and video di[plays, etc, etc. Gee your having too much fun, I gotta go mangle some plastic, C ya.

Jay
powerlogik
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 - 12:04 PM UTC
nice detail in this turret...might check out this kit sometime. sounds like a challenge though.

_GOTOTOP