_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
ZERO from an armour guy!!!!!!
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,434 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:10 PM UTC
Hi, this is my 1/32nd Zero type 52 from Tamiya. it was done with no weathering for a reason. manly because i liked the way the finish came out. so enjoy stug

any comments are welcome, and remember i usualy do armour, this was just for fun and it was close to my scale 1/35th, maybe i'll do a 40MM bofors trying to knock it out of the sky!!!!! hehehehehe stug
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2003 - 10:12 PM UTC
Looking good dude

Its looking very convincing to me
No Comments
Good job

Favorisio
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:02 PM UTC
Nice Stug, never done a plane yet, not even for fun but I might try one now.

Cockpit detail looks very good. Doesn't really need any weathering imho, not sure how you weather a plane anyway!

Roger
Envar
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:12 PM UTC
Beautiful plane Stug! :-)
When you display a model like this it feels even more natural not to weather it. I have always liked clean, colourful, well executed models. Dioramas are another case of course...
This is something I would like to have on my desk!

Toni
Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Monday, January 27, 2003 - 11:23 PM UTC
great paint job there Stugiiif I esp like the way you did the landing gear.. Keep em coming we love to see your work. and have a cold one one me..
sgtreef
Visit this Community
Oklahoma, United States
KitMaker: 6,043 posts
Armorama: 4,347 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:05 AM UTC
Seen this plane. Nice job sure is a good looking kit for the bucks. Tamiya mag had an article awhile back have you read it
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 12:06 AM UTC
SteveStug, this is very nice plane. As Del, I like the way you did the landing gear, and the cockpit is nice.

We armor people rocks!

Oh one more thing, wait till GSO saw this....you are in for some trouble......hehe #:-)
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 01:44 AM UTC
Very nice job for an armor guy. The cockpit looks very good.
I like the first monocrome pictures.
octupus
Visit this Community
Hong Kong S.A.R. / 繁體
KitMaker: 411 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:19 AM UTC
SteveStug,

Real nice plane you have built. I am wondering if this plane comes with lighted LEDs on the wings?

Steve, Sushi and Pig #6
modelnut4
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:32 AM UTC

I would'nt want to cover up that pretty paint job either! I especially like the cockpit shot.

I always contend that us treadheads can do anything, it's just that we like the challenge of the real hard stuff like armor and scratchbuilding.HEHEHEHE

So what's the next armor project?
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 05:39 AM UTC
Steve---great looking Zero!

The cockpit detail deserves a "Wow".

The painting looks superb.

ps: If I build one of those, can I paint it in OD???? (that's all I've got)

Thanks for the pics.
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 06:10 AM UTC
Nice Zero stug, makes me want to build my 1/48 example :-)
Mal
Bender
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 323 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 06:21 AM UTC
wow very nice work, I like the landing gear positioning too

Bender
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 09:29 AM UTC
Thanks guys, to eanswer some of the questions asked!!!! no there are leds in this one that Kit is $200 us, are crazy for $200 the thing should fly hehehehehe. i used thr armour guys trick of silver backgrounds and clear red and green paints. As far as painting i used some of the new Tamiya paints designed specificaly for this kit, actually i bought All the new tamiya paints for this kit!!!! Unfortunatly, i wanted to build an airplane from the time when Japanese were still somewhat of a terror to the allied pilots; Rabal!!!!! so i ended up using testors model master II paints, the IJN Green and IJn are the proper gloss for the zero's at rabal, so steveWWH i recommend those colours for you. about the landing gear... I found a pic of a captured zero taking off on test flights and i just loved the look of the staggered landing gear, and Tamiya gave retractable landing gear in the kit, so i had to do the kit in this fashion!!!!! thanks guys i can't wait to see if Tamiya does more WW2 aicraft aircraft in 1/32nd, i'm hoping for a corsair to get the Tamiya treatment in this scale....thanks again stug
moville
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 10:02 AM UTC
Excellent job! I myself prefer Japanese airplanes to have all those lovely paint chips, but she looks real good spotless as well....As far as the background, I found the association of the "Mr. Coffee" machine and high chair to be quite appropriate.

Armor on!!!

Andy
blind_man
Visit this Community
New Zealand
KitMaker: 31 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:43 PM UTC
great work. keep it up!!!!!!!!

jackhammer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 310 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 02:47 PM UTC
Helga is on full alert!!!! You have been listed as an upstart and a rutter of the other sty! The hearts of our mothers, mothers, mothers,baby's,cousin's tonsels remain in utter debluberance(nice word,huh? I just made it up). I have had my heart ripped out and thrown on the floor, stomped by a rat, picked up and chewed and throw to a ravenous pitbull before, but at least they waited till after i paid for a meal and a movie! What that really has to do with this post...I HAVE NO IDEA!!!!....but stop trying to side track me from my obligation of pointing out that this is niether tracked,armoered,or pokemon (yet again, what that has to do with this post, I HAVE NO IDEA). Your skills are considerable-in modelling as well as divertion. Your colorful interpetation of the cockpit is well received by us as well as the interpetation of J.R.R Tolkiens "The Two Towers as played by Elmer Fudd and Martha Stewart" but your willy ways are once again taking me onto another track.We shall keep an eye and spatula on you,my friend! Oh Yes! Your every move will be under scrutiny! Your vevery breathe shall be measured! Your shoelace is untied! HAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!
stugiiif
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
Posted: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 - 06:42 PM UTC
Jack thanks again for such a good laugh, i love your posts. and thanks to all for your comments they are greatly apprciated stug
keenan
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 5,272 posts
Armorama: 2,844 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2003 - 11:29 AM UTC
That is just outstanding. I'm an armor figure guy myself. It took some guts to spend 200 bills on a plane. If I spend 200 dollars on a plane, like you said, it had better fly. (It probably would when my wife pitched it across the room.
 _GOTOTOP