_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Italeri Tiger I in progress
Favorisio
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 277 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 03:53 AM UTC
I didn't really want to do this, but at the request of Faust here is my Tiger I to date.

I have not been very happy with this kit, I think Iwas spoiled by the Academy M-10 I did last, however, it is coming along.

I am building straight OOB, with no extras, and have finished the main build except for the wheels and tracks. It has had 1 coat of base colour, but needs another before detail painting and weathering etc, and the hiding of the really bad bits.

I am happy for any criticism and ways of improving my techniques, but if it is too bad I'll be getting back on to Faust!!

Roger
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 04:00 AM UTC
Well let me be the first then to respond on this

Roger you have done a great job so far.
you want to make a desert tiger of it right.
You are really on the good way
Keep us updated dude

Dmd
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 430 posts
Armorama: 210 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 04:19 AM UTC
that's nice work for a newby !!!

you told me that you where not happy about that kit, but man you did some nice job there

greetzz

dmd
WeWillHold
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,314 posts
Armorama: 1,905 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 04:40 AM UTC
Roger:

This build appears to becoming along very nicely. You're doing just great with your modeling. The fit looks tight, base color is on ---man you've "got the Tiger by the tail".

I'm just about done with Academy's early Tiger 1 which is my first German vehicle ever. I hope to get some pics into Rivet Review within a day or two. Maybe our Tiger's can "play together"

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to additional pics when you are done. Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Steve aka WeWillHold
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 05:56 AM UTC
Roger,

I don't know why you are not willing to show this Tiger. I think it looked great. As WWH had mentioned, the fit is tight, and the base color looked right to me. To be honest with you, I think the base coat looked great.

Keep up the good work, and show us some pictures soon.

When you done, maybe your Tiger, WWH's Tiger, and my S33 can play together.... #:-)
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 07:02 AM UTC
Hey Roger...So I guess you figured out that the Italeri Tiger ain't that hot of a kit now is it!! lol!!
I used mine for spare parts and even that there's not much to save in it...I'm going to be the devils advocate here and tell you what is wrong with this kit ....First of all The tracks are not the right kind for this model.. second the turret is supposed to represent one of the very early turrets with two pistol ports ...So you can't put the track hangers on the turret side ...The vision slits for the commander are big ...The lights on the front of the hull are supposed to represent a modification made only by the first company of the 501st...and by the way not even done accuratly...The wheels don't look right ....The drive sprocket looks to fragile ....(not sure if they give you the right hub for the drive sprocket...)I'm sure there are lots more things too... But after saying all this ...you have done a great job getting this thing glued together..Keep up the good work ...Have fun with it ...

Richard
shermanfreak
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 08:26 AM UTC
I think you're doing just fine with this kit. We all get spoiled building one that by first appearance is spot on but if we really dig we'll find error in everything. To me this looks like a fine "representation" of a Tiger I.

Keep up the good work!!!!
Favorisio
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 10:31 AM UTC
Thanks for the encouragement people, I know it's not the best kit in the world but I'll persevere.

WWH and SS-74, I'd love to let my Tiger play with your tanks, but I fear as soon as anytihng touches mine something will fall off it. LOL

Richard, you mean I have to go to all the trouble of making those tracks and they are the WRONG ONES!!!!!

Seriously guys thanks for the comments.

Roger
Selrach
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 466 posts
Armorama: 378 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 06:14 PM UTC

looks nicely done and a good tight fitting of the peices
Don't let the inaccuracys of the model bother you... Have fun and practice a new technique or too with it.

As I said, looks good so far...I want to see it when you are done
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 8,581 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 08:51 PM UTC
Roger, I thought you said you didn't own an airbrush? I wouldn't worry about total accuracy, thats for the future. Right now you have the makings of a fine looking tiger. Nearly makes me want to have a go and build armour EEK :-)
Nice one.
Mal
SS-74
Visit this Community
Vatican City
KitMaker: 3,271 posts
Armorama: 2,388 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 08:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Roger, I thought you said you didn't own an airbrush? I wouldn't worry about total accuracy, thats for the future. Right now you have the makings of a fine looking tiger. Nearly makes me want to have a go and build armour EEK :-)
Nice one.
Mal

You Should Mal!!!! Armor is Fun!!!!! #:-)
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 10:07 PM UTC
:-) Well I have put my recently re-discovered M1 in the build pile, but German WWII, been there done that and only just escaped from the dark side. Anyway I wouldn't look good in a pigsty LOL
Favorisio
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 06:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Roger, I thought you said you didn't own an airbrush?

Nearly makes me want to have a go and build armour EEK :-)
Mal

I don't Mal, can you not see the brush marks?

Steady on, build armour, and I thought you were incorruptable

Thanks for the comments though

Roger
Holdfast
Staff MemberPresident
IPMS-UK KITMAKER BRANCH
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 10, 2003 - 09:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I don't Mal, can you not see the brush marks?

I do wear glasses for reading

Quoted Text

Steady on, build armour, and I thought you were incorruptable

There must be something in it, there are alot more modellers building armour here than aircraft. I'm always open to bribes though

Quoted Text

Thanks for the comments though

I only wish I could build that good when I started
Mal
 _GOTOTOP