_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: British Armor
Discuss all types of British Armor of all eras.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Bronco Kit News
KEVINT
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 191 posts
Armorama: 176 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 02:44 AM UTC
This is a post from Missing Lynx.

Here's the latest news from Bronco Models (considering they made the Comet, this is very plausible):

CB35009 Humber Scout Car
CB35011 British Staghound Armored Car

The actual source is mentioned here:

http://www.track-link.net/forum/news_industry/10739

So, looks like a few folks' prayers are finally going to be answered.

Cheers
Kevin
Removed by original poster on 11/07/06 - 05:50:40 (GMT).
ericadeane
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 4,021 posts
Armorama: 3,947 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 08:06 AM UTC
Terry Ashley just confirmed these, along with pics of a Bailey Bridge in inj plastic!
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/bronco.htm
Omigosh! Santa Claus has arrived!
MrMox
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 3,377 posts
Armorama: 1,088 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 01:18 PM UTC
Bronco“s marketing skills - or lack of , are downright scary :-)

Anyway, has anybody seen, bought, built the new Piper Cup - only place to buy it is at Spruce Bros as far as I have been able to find out ?

Interesting news btw !
erichvon
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,694 posts
Armorama: 1,584 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 02:05 PM UTC
Hoorah for Bronco!! The Bailey Bridge looks interesting as well. Wonder if they'll be out by Xmas as I like to buy presents for myself :-) :-)
nolifoto
Visit this Community
Luzon, Philippines
KitMaker: 146 posts
Armorama: 136 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 02:51 PM UTC
I love british vehicles and I'm really looking forward to these two releases.
Thanks for the info.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 3,123 posts
Armorama: 2,539 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 11:09 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hoorah for Bronco!! The Bailey Bridge looks interesting as well. Wonder if they'll be out by Xmas as I like to buy presents for myself :-) :-)

Given how long the Comet took to appear, we'll be lucky if all three are available by the Christmas _after_ next. Stil, I don't mind. I need time for my wallet to recharge, anyway!

Paul
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 383 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Monday, November 06, 2006 - 11:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bronco“s marketing skills - or lack of , are downright scary :-)

Anyway, has anybody seen, bought, built the new Piper Cup - only place to buy it is at Spruce Bros as far as I have been able to find out ?

Interesting news btw !

There's a review of the kit HERE at TL.
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 05:18 AM UTC
The sight of a bailey bridge brought shivers and smiles at the same time!! God how I remember building them and tearing them down by hand, always in the worse weather and terrain!! Of course this means I will need to get one

Darryl
mikado
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 329 posts
Armorama: 254 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 06:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The sight of a bailey bridge brought shivers and smiles at the same time!! God how I remember building them and tearing them down by hand, always in the worse weather and terrain!! Of course this means I will need to get one

Darryl

When I was doing my national services as a Field engineers...we were shown picture how bailey brige was constructed.....It looks tough....

We ended up building the Medium girder bridge instead.... 5 bay of section ...and 12 bay for platoon.....accounting for stores that comes with this bridge was always a nightmare.....

Wish that some one who do this in plastic ....I will be the first to get it
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 06:07 AM UTC
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the head up.

Nice to see the possibiltiy of a few British Armoured Cars in plastic on the way.

The Bailey Bridge will provide lots of dio possibilities and the Aircraft although it sound like it needs some work will make a really interesting item for a bit of variety and change.

More good news.

Cheers

Al
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 06:13 AM UTC
I have the Grasshopper (showed up today from Spruebrothers). The Track Link review is accurate, but bit heavy IMHO -- it'll work into a nice model, again IMHO. The glass is a bit thick, the glass rivets are ludicrous, the inspection panels do need work, and there are no color instructions. As it is an L4H, it is technically not an O-59.

If the Humber appears in production as it appears in development, I'll be getting one or two ...

Now, the Bailey ... that has to come in exact scale pieces so it can be assembled like the real one !!!! Cue the "Bridge Too Far" diorama ...

John
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 07, 2006 - 06:49 AM UTC
I'm afraid I'm a little more excited about the 1/35 CV L3/33 and the 1/16 CV33 tankettes. But will probably pick up the Humber Scout Car also. The Bailey Bridge certainly looks interesting.
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 12:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Now, the Bailey ... that has to come in exact scale pieces so it can be assembled like the real one !!!! Cue the "Bridge Too Far" diorama ...

Given that the actual WW II Bailey only had 29 different pieces (and several of them were quite small and would probably be integrated into the larger pieces for moulding, the model should be able to reflect real Bailey parts. If they do it in prebuilt sections, then it will be significantly less useful, but as a box of "erector set" parts, I can see myself making several really intricate bridges with this stuff.

A triple triple with overhead transoms, upper chord doublers and a Bailey vertical pier to support a long span in Italy...

As I said elsewhere, by the time I'm done, I'll have enough bridge parts to be formally declared a Corps Field Park bridging dump...

Paul
Hollowpoint
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 2,748 posts
Armorama: 1,797 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 06:25 AM UTC
I agree the CV-33 and Bailey Bridge are very much wanted.

I've always wanted to build a CV-33 ... perhaps in a small dio with Ethiopian spearman attacking (it really happened!).

A Bailey Bridge offers all sorts of possibilities. I just hope the cost isn't outrageous.

And the Humber .... my goodness, we've need one for a long time.
jRatz
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,171 posts
Armorama: 541 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 07:51 AM UTC
It would be great if the Bailey kit came in bits & pieces to make a small bridge, inexpensively, but such that one could buy several kits and make something bigger, like Paul's "A triple triple with overhead transoms, upper chord doublers and a Bailey vertical pier to support a long span", which almost sounds like ordering a coffee from Starbucks ... :-)

John
tankmodeler
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

which almost sounds like ordering a coffee from Starbucks .

You know, John, if you actually went into a Starbucks and asked for that they'd probably hand you back some sort of a coffee and ask for $5.

Paul
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 04:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

It would be great if the Bailey kit came in bits & pieces to make a small bridge, inexpensively, but such that one could buy several kits and make something bigger, like Paul's "A triple triple with overhead transoms, upper chord doublers and a Bailey vertical pier to support a long span", which almost sounds like ordering a coffee from Starbucks ... :-)

John

Well,

If 70+ bucks is reasonable............................ I see Mark @ MDM has it listed on the site already Bronco @ MDM

I may still scratchbuild one............ I have most of the stuff to do it. and I got the Single adder from Resicast to use as a Guide. But then Ya never know

EDIT
VLS has it for 54.98
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:19 PM UTC
Posts on the site will go down by around 10% next year, as there“ll be no more Allied versus Axis posts :-) :-) :-) :-)
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 10:19 PM UTC
Posts on the site will go down by arounf 10% next year, as there“ll be no more Allied versus Axis posts :-) :-) :-) :-)
 _GOTOTOP