Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Achtung Jabo Official Thread
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 01:12 PM UTC
Prepare your kits, tools, glue and paints. It's time to start new campaing!

HERE you'll find all details on Achtung Jabo campaing.

It will be easier for all of us to keep all discussions concerning the campaing in one thread, so pls submit any questions, updates and news here.

Look for some targets in the sky and have fun!
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 01:52 PM UTC
Prepare your guns ladies and gentleman, we are going steel geese hunting!

Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 06:46 PM UTC
Started my Jaboschrek already, today! Will post some images with progress later. Man, its great being on holiday ... I get some time to actually model!
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 09:48 PM UTC
My Armourscale barrel turned up today (big up Lou Stener ), all I need now is the Eduard set to arrive and I'm good to go with my Mobelwagen...
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 383 posts
Armorama: 358 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 10:23 PM UTC
I've finally put my choice on the Academy Wirbelwind. Need to put the finished touch to my Jagdpanzer IV L/70 and I'm ready to go for duck hunting :-)

Will we have a dedicated sub-forum for this campaign? Also is there some kind of standard when it come to identify our blog for a campaign? This is my first campaign and want to do it right from the start
camogirl
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,045 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 12:23 AM UTC
Ive picked and got my kit, hoping to start it at the weekend when i finally get some space cleared after the havoc of christmas.

mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC
Hey Sam, I nearly went for the Tamiya SdKfz7/2 too, but changed my mind at the last minute, am looking forward to what you do with it.
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 02:14 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Will we have a dedicated sub-forum for this campaign?

Richard, there will be no sub-forum, just this thread.

Quoted Text

Also is there some kind of standard when it come to identify our blog for a campaign?

You can submit your updates, questions, etc in this thread (pls take a look to other campaings' official thread to see how they look and how participants use them).
You can also start your own thread at Feedback Forum for your build.
The third method (not prefered as we have our official thread) is starting your thread at Campaing Forum using campaing name as part of thread's title.
I hope this helps.
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 12:11 AM UTC
Just started my M16 Quad .50 Halftrack.
ehlikeyf
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 23 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 02:11 AM UTC
Hello,
I will be building AFV Club's M730 Chapparal for the campaign. I'm hoping to start this weekend.

janwillem
Visit this Community
Groningen, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,236 posts
Armorama: 700 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 02:17 AM UTC
Got my Trumpeter SA-2 laast weekend. still have a little resaurch to do (going egyptian on this on) and then I'll get started
gringe88
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 57 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 02:57 AM UTC
looks like someone beat me to the flakpanzer 38. i should thank him. I didnt have any decent photos of an accurate flakpanzer 38 fighting compartment until i saw bill plunk's pics. thanks bill!
camogirl
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 03:55 AM UTC
I started my Flak 37 today, I spent a couple of hours on it and here's how i got on:

Any comments welcome
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 05:32 AM UTC
Looking good so far Sam, are you doing it as a straight OOB build or adding some AM bits to it?
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 05:52 AM UTC
You work fast Samantha :-) Coming along nicely.

- Are you sure there is a rubber part on the sproket wheel? I thought they were all metal?

- Do you paintbrush all the parts on the sprues? If so you may have problems if you glue paint-on-paint part. The glue won't be able to melt the parts together because of the paint and this could lead to some part falling in the future. Unless you remove the paint on the sides you glue together that is

camogirl
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 02:07 PM UTC
Mark, Im building it straight from the box (im saving myself for a king tiger ive got with full interior set, etched metal and barrel).

Richard, I thought the same thing about the sproket wheel but i was just following the instructions i can always just re-paint the wheels as they are held on by polycaps so they are easily removable. I'll try and find some pics of the actual flak 37 when i get in from work.

I airbrushed the pieces on the sprue with a base coat as nearly all the pieces are this colour and i found it the easiest option. I have been carefully scraping paint from the area's where the glue will need to go (ive done this for many of my aircraft builds especially when it comes to attaching pylons to the aircraft's wing.) Thanks for the advice though.

Thanks for the comments
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 07, 2007 - 06:00 PM UTC
@Samatha: looking good. With this speed you will have time for a whole AA battery

I am in process of building a GAZ truck with ZSU-23/2. It is coming along nicely so far. Just given it the first coat of Russian green.

It is a Russian kit I picked up in Saint Petersburg some years ago. It was literally just the plastic sprues in a plastic bag with 3 photocopies and no decals. The details are a bit heavy, the instruction is bad photocopies, but what can you expect for 4 USD :-) :-) I think it might be a "rebacked" Eastern Express kit.

mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark, Im building it straight from the box (im saving myself for a king tiger ive got with full interior set, etched metal and barrel).

Richard, I thought the same thing about the sproket wheel but i was just following the instructions i can always just re-paint the wheels as they are held on by polycaps so they are easily removable. I'll try and find some pics of the actual flak 37 when i get in from work.

I airbrushed the pieces on the sprue with a base coat as nearly all the pieces are this colour and i found it the easiest option. I have been carefully scraping paint from the area's where the glue will need to go (ive done this for many of my aircraft builds especially when it comes to attaching pylons to the aircraft's wing.) Thanks for the advice though.

Thanks for the comments

Hi Sam, I've checked my references and it appears that the sprocket wheel is rubber lined as with the roadwheels, the Sdkfz 251 which has a very similar chassis is exactly the same.
Mark.
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 06:26 AM UTC
Woohoo, my eduard PE arrived today so I can now get started on my Mobelwagen, watch this space....
spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 08:07 AM UTC
I have a Tamiya Wirbelwind and a CMK Mobelwagen I'd like to build.
Does anyone have any experience with either of them? It would be nice to have a PE shield for the Wirbelwind, but I can't find any. Only some Eduard sets, but half of them are oop, the other half do not have shield, and I can't spend 20 bucks on them anyway... Is there any problems with the Mobelwagen? Anthing I should get for it?

Thanks for the advice. I digged around online, but maybe someone has some further insight...
ShermiesRule
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 5,409 posts
Armorama: 3,777 posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 09:31 AM UTC
Here is my M16 WIP

camogirl
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 02:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Sam, I've checked my references and it appears that the sprocket wheel is rubber lined as with the roadwheels, the Sdkfz 251 which has a very similar chassis is exactly the same.
Mark.

Thanks for that Mark i found a few pics and to me it looked like the sproket wheel was rubber lined aswell i was having some difficulty though as all the pics i found you couldnt see the sproket wheels very clearly.
Lucky13
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,707 posts
Armorama: 46 posts
Posted: Monday, January 08, 2007 - 10:57 PM UTC
You shouldn't play with fire boys. You might end up getting burned....

Nah nah nah nah..... :-) :-) :-) :-)
Dirk-Danger
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 33 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:17 AM UTC
This will be my first armour build for some time - I'm going with either Revell's Famo with 88mm flak mounted (CMK conversion) or Revells Pz IV with a Kugelblitz conversion (CMK again).

Both 1:72

Help me decide folks

Lee
RichardM
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 - 12:22 AM UTC
It would be fun to have all the Panzer IV Flak variant: Wirbelwind, Ostwind, Mobelwagen (quad 2cm and 3cm) and Kugelblitz in the campaign.

So my vote goes to the Kugelblitz