Volks Wagon
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 335 posts
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2007 - 09:50 PM UTC
Hi folks,

Recently I just acquired a CMK volkswagon at about USD 14 (felt its tad bit expensive considering its such simple kit)....

Anyone has any interesting color scheme or variation (historically accurate) for this volkswagon project of mine? suggestions welcomed.

Tanks
Music
Hodson
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 96 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 06:49 AM UTC
I'm going to convert one into an ambulance like this:

I am going to scratchbuild the box but I think CMK makes a conversion kit.

I also like the scenes of a VW beetle in North Africa with sand tires.

Ted
Cuhail
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 791 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 09:03 AM UTC

Check this out man!

http://oldcarandtruckpictures.com/Volkswagen/

Lots of beetle variants including a halftrack version.

H2H
Cuhail
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 05:21 PM UTC
hey,
just built the VW beelte you just purchased,by CMK,its a super build,you'll have fun building it.one note;becareful when attaching the headlights,the model comes with both styles ,open,and blackout,thier clear ,and its difficult to see,but the blackout covers have a small slit with a visor to point the beam downward,and its very easy to attach them upside down,i caught this right away and used a mag. glass to make sure i had it right.wont show up until you paint the model,and then realize you put them on upside down,when the little visor is pointing upward.

Joe

thiers a excellant book on the market,published by Schiffer,it's VW Beetle at war,ISBN 0887704006,it's part of a series,trucks and cars used by Germany during WWII,Vol. 6.i purchased mine thru Borders,price was around $10.00,thiers also books in the series on kubelwagens,krupps,mercedes,fords,opels.
musicwerks
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 375 posts
Armorama: 335 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 - 10:15 AM UTC
[quote]hey,
just built the VW beelte you just purchased,by CMK,its a super build,you'll have fun building it.one note;becareful when attaching the headlights,the model comes with both styles ,open,and blackout,thier clear ,and its difficult to see,but the blackout covers have a small slit with a visor to point the beam downward,and its very easy to attach them upside down,i caught this right away and used a mag. glass to make sure i had it right.wont show up until you paint the model,and then realize you put them on upside down,when the little visor is pointing upward.

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the reminders on the blackout covers- I was thinking of using the open headlights, but not sure if that is appropriate for a vehicle that has seen action on the front?

Yeah, I do agree that the kit is a nice build and enjoyable one (no PE, no complex dragon parts...), I turn the steering and wheels slightly to break the monotony

Lester Music
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 01, 2007 - 05:08 AM UTC
There is another member building what I believe is the same kit, in an Italeri boxing here:
VW

Ted: you are better off scratch-building the box, I had the CMK conversion, and used it for only measurements.
 _GOTOTOP