_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
AFV Modeller Magazine - Issue 34
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 05:48 PM UTC
Just published, a review of one of the specialized armor modellling magazines - AFV Modeller which, in this issue has (amongst other excellent articles) has almost published a ''Half-Track'' special. A very interesting edition indeed for any AFV modeler. The full review can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 06:01 PM UTC
AFV Modeller sets a very high standard for photography, much better than its rivals.

BTW if you don't want to buy the whole magazine the AFV Modeller Shop sells separate articles as downloads.

David
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 06:32 PM UTC
A magazine that concentrates on the important subjects, without being filled with wingy-dings or floaties... I will go and pester my LHS to stock it today. He, I may even be persuaded to take a subscription.

Cheers
Henk
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 06:32 PM UTC
Its an excellent magazine Jim, one I'd recommend wholeheartedly, the photography is outstanding and never fails to inspire.
And I was going to mention the fact they sell individual articles as downloads but David beat me to it...
Charlie-66
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 771 posts
Armorama: 750 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 03, 2007 - 07:37 PM UTC
Jim, I discovered this magazine several years ago and have never been disappointed. Based on your review I see it's time to go pester my LHS and see if I can get a copy of this issue.
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Friday, May 04, 2007 - 08:04 AM UTC
Just another voice chiming in here to echo what has already been said. I've been a subscriber since very early on (issue #3), and AFV Modeller is a consistently excellent publication! High quality models accompanied by great write ups and pictures to equal or better the write ups, all printed on heavy quality paper stock, not the thin stuff other publications use. Yes, there are issues where I might not be interested in a particular subject but I can always learn from and appreciate the builds. Oh, and I almost forgot, very little advertising! In issue 34 there are 64 pages, only the inside of the rear cover, and the rear cover itself have any ads on them, and that is pretty much par for the course. I know some will say it's too expensive, but I think you get what you pay for. (and if you really only want an article here or there the online article downloads are very fairly priced)

Cheers,
Mike
Tirailleur
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 - 10:51 PM UTC
This was also the first issue I have ever bought, prompted by what looked like a particularly interesting set of articles. I agree with the reviewer's comments on the quality of the articles and the production values, but, based on the piece about the M3 Bradley, I feel the editing could do with tightening up, as there was text missing from two pages in this article. Obviously I have no way of knowing whether this is typical, but I thought it worth mentioning.
Hot-wheels
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 100 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 07:53 AM UTC
Hi Folks

Ok, I'm sold. I have heard of the mag for some time now, but I have not been able to find a copy . Could one you guys be kind enough to direct this poor misguided soul to the correct web site.

Harry
Kelley
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 1,966 posts
Armorama: 1,635 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 10, 2007 - 07:57 AM UTC
Here ya go Harry.

http://www.afvmodeller.com/

Mike
Hot-wheels
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 164 posts
Armorama: 100 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 03:13 AM UTC
Mike

Thanks for the reply. I just sent them an e-mail about setting up a subscription . I looked over the web site, and was even more sold on the idea that I need to get in with these folks.

Harry.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 04:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

just sent them an e-mail about setting up a subscription . I looked over the web site, and was even more sold on the idea that I need to get in with these folks.

I hope you mentioned Armorama?
blackeast19
Visit this Community
Singapore / 新加坡
KitMaker: 394 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2007 - 11:18 AM UTC
hi guys,

AFV did really produce a fanastic magazine, been buying quite a bit as I was lucky that my LHS carrys them. Great pictures, and always, accompanied by great explantion notes on the processes, tips etc.

Just my 2 cents inputs.

Cheers!
T0MM0-01
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 110 posts
Armorama: 61 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 26, 2017 - 04:38 AM UTC
The AIR version is also a great Mag ☺
 _GOTOTOP