Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Blitzkrieg
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Jesper.
looking good so far,the desert is out of bounds,remember Europe only.the invasion of Yugoslavia is OK. more German units coming up soon.
cheers.
Bruce

OK, that clarifies it. Then it is a GD vehicle from the invasion of Yugoslavia. Now where did I put that Panzer grau paint bottle....

Thanks for the comments, Guys.

Andrzej, I am looking forward to see your camouflage. The Polish camouflage was very cool - especially the hard edged type.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 02:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Andrzej, I am looking forward to see your camouflage. The Polish camouflage was very cool - especially the hard edged type.

Jesper - this is exactly what I'm planning to do - hard edged 3 color camo with black separating lines - I don't know what method I'll use to receive this effect but it will be quite a challange to make this one... I want to do it with masking tape and airbrush. We will see the effect...
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 299 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 09:28 AM UTC
Hello,

Thanks Andrzej:)
Figures are from S Model. But here next Polish infantryman:

Adam
Rbarcon
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 9 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 12:36 PM UTC
hello .I want to know if only german stuff is able to in in the campaign. thanks.
Roberto.
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 12:52 PM UTC
hello Roberto,
any vehicle used in Europe from Sept.1,1939 to May 1941 is allowed.so you can build a French vehicle,Polish vehicle,Brithish vehicle,Italian vehicle,etc.
so not just German,but anyothers during the timeline.
hope this helps.
cheers,
Bruce
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 08:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Jesper - this is exactly what I'm planning to do - hard edged 3 color camo with black separating lines - I don't know what method I'll use to receive this effect but it will be quite a challange to make this one... I want to do it with masking tape and airbrush. We will see the effect...

Wow! A lot of masking to do - especially on such a small vehicle. I am looking forward to see the result. Keep us updated and share your progress in pictures please. It is a big challenge, but you can do it!

I have finished construction on my Sd.Kfz. 223. These old Tamiya kits fly together and the detail is really good and in many aspects up to todays standards. More to follow...

whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 - 10:34 PM UTC
Hello everybody

I have promised, that I will present my newest model kit, which I have completed week ago. By last three weeks, I had a bit time and I has been taken for job. This is my Kleiner Panzerbefehlswagen KLA1 from Master Box in 1/35 scale. Painting and marking from Polish Campaign 1939. It costed mass of nerves but effect is not worst. What do you think?

Cheers
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 01:01 AM UTC
Adam, great job again, but I think that it looks better without the plant stuff on it . I know what you meen writing about mass of nerves... I've buit Pz. I ambulance from MB month ago and it was hell...
Great job!
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 02:07 AM UTC
Hi Andrzej,

Yes, I saw your model and it looks well.
I see, that you had same problems that...Whole armor it one great problem!! Thanks for Master Box

I'm waiting for your TK-3
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 03:50 AM UTC
Andrzej, Adam and Jesper.....wow! You guys are popping out some great stuff here, looking forward to seeing more

Bruce and Jeff....also looking forward to seeing your progress this weekend.

Work has been slow on mine, I believe my tank crew took a left turn when they were supposed to go right and got waylayed at a tavern in the countryside. I gave them orders to spend all weekend catching up!
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 07:57 AM UTC
hey,

Progess is go quite smoothly on the beast,Heller's quite old Somua S-35,still enjoyable to build.

[img]http://gallery.kitmaker.net/21831/thumbs/Somua_S-35_WIP_011.jpg" BORDER="0">[/img]

hope these worked,using a comput,Iam not familiar with.

Happy Modeling-Joe
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 08:04 AM UTC
hello all,
the Char is done,just waiting for the dull coat to dry.should have photo's to day or Sunday.
the Panzer 1 is in the shop waiting for the tracks to be put together.i hate magic tracks.

hello Adam,
nice work,looks great

hello Jasper,
looking good.
cheers,
Bruce
c5flies
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC
Mark got the ribbon up and running, so this one's for him
grayghost666
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 06:25 PM UTC
hello all,
Mark has got the dreaded red x for the campaign ribbon fixed.

so here is to you
thanks and cheers,
Bruce
c5flies
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 08:20 PM UTC
A little progress today on the Tristar 38(t) Ausf. B. The only snafu I ran into so far was with the drive sprockets, the kit ones were damaged/deformed and unusable. Luckily, the DML Flakpanzer sprockets were the correct size and with a bit of surgery I was able to use them.

Here's my progress so far, should be in pretty good shape by the end of tomorrow......

Cheers,all
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, April 19, 2008 - 09:55 PM UTC
Hello James,
hi everybody,
your tank is presaged promising
Now we wait for other, let's they will be praised
I think, that I have supplied equipment sufficiently for first part of Campaign Blitzkrieg
Now I get down for next model kit - PZInż. 126 from RPM in 1/35 scale. There is Polish command tank on chassis from Vickers Mk.E. There is controversial tank enough, as some affirm, that it never existed.
But really, prototype has emerged, it was tested in 1939 year. I will write more about it when it will be completed. I can add only, that intend employ on it standard Polish three tone camouflage pattern. Some photos of box:

Cheers
Adam
grayghost666
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 07:55 AM UTC
hello James,
looking good so far.i am glad you could find replacements for the deformed parts.looks like you are going strong.

Hello Adam,
that looks like a fun project,can not wait to see more.

cheers,
Bruce
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 09:14 AM UTC
Hi all!
@ James and Jesper - great work so far - nice to see your progress
@ Adam - do you still have time to eat anything or at least to sleep? Your speed is amazing .

OK. just to avoid accusation that I'm only writing that I'm doing something without actually doing it (I have it all the time at work ) I'm posting some WIP pics:
here are figures - as you can see they still need some work, but the rest of equipment is almost finished, faces are also ready, so are helmets but I'm to lazy to take more than one picture...

and here is TK-3 - hull's closed and first layer (I started with green this time) is drying right now (next step will be masking and yellow color).

to be continued .
Andrzej
whiteeagle
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 10:04 AM UTC
Hi Andrzej,

I am doing what I can
Time on sleep, eat and on the rest will come later
But really, I must find time for my wonderful girlfriend, on studies and other different duties But still it will be placed several hours for these several scrap of plastic
Even I don't admit, that I have completed two figures of panzer grenadiers from Master Box
I must give chance other But meantime work on over PZInż. 126 have gotten enough considerably.
This model requires incredible patience and indulgence. I intend extract from it what will be given but even more

Andrzej, if you have chosen camouflage pattern applicable to 1936 year, remember, that it was painted by brush(not airbrush). I wait with impatience for your complete TK-3!

Adam
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 10:29 AM UTC
HI all, al I can say is WOW ! The builds so far are very impressive. I'm still considering what my project for this campaign will be.
c5flies
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 12:06 PM UTC
I was thinking the same thing, Adam....eat? Sleep? No time for that nonsense

Andrzej....even for a tankette that is mighty tiny, great job so far and the figures are looking nice!

milvehfan.....looking forward to your entry in this campaign!
c5flies
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 04:59 PM UTC
Almost ready for paint, rushed this one a bit but, hey, it is Blitzkrieg This has been a great little kit, will probably spring for the interior kit on the next one I do. Next photos will have some paint on!

Looking forward to seeing some more WIP and finished entries
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 06:55 PM UTC
Great progress, Adam, James, and Andrzej.

Andrzej, I am sure it will be a stunning diorama. The figures and the TK will fit together very nice. I can see how the diorama could be build around your "inspirational" picture - I am looking forward to see your layout.

Adam, are you building both the Polish Army and the Wehrmacht? I guess this is your third AFV for this campaign and we just got started In addition you are also making all the figures. Is everything going into one big diorama?

James, nice to see your Panzer. Looks great so far.

I have added the first panzer grey base coat to my Sd. Kfz. 223, but has focused on finishing my entry for the Sherman campaign and I am almost finished with my FW 190D for a campaign on Aeroscale. After that it will be Sd. Kfz. 223 blitzkrieg time

Looking forward to see more
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 07:44 PM UTC
@ Adam, I'm planning to paint it with hard edged camo. I know that it was painted with brush but the size of brush was a little different . Since the edges will be hard anyway it should make no difference if I paint it with brush or with airbrush.
@ James - it seems you will finish your entry before I will... nice work!
Andrzej
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 20, 2008 - 09:59 PM UTC
hey,
For some odd reason ,it's much easier to add pics from the work place,then from home,Darn kids PC's,I hope we can find a motherboard for my PC soon.

heres my Heller Somua S-35.

Joe