Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Blitzkrieg
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 02, 2008 - 03:36 PM UTC
hello all,
i got my system back up.i am calling it Franken-net,it is cobbled to gether.i can only check once a day for a while,so i will tryto get to all the questions as fast as possible.

Hello Tha Pit,
to join up ,go to the campaign page find Blitzkrieg,and you will see a enlist button.just click it and you have joined.to keep you intrested,after you enlist you computer will crash if you do not post on this blog everyday.(if you believe that,i have a bridge in New York city to sell you.)
if you have any questions ,just ask.
see you all tomorrow.
cheers,
Bruce
PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 01:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Des,
Hot dang your fast. But looking good so far. My poor Panzer II is sitting in its box awaiting its turn at the work bench. I have two destroyers ahead of it. Good thing armor doesn't take as long as a ship.

I should be startign this one some time in mid May, but will be tracking the progress as everyone chuggs along. Maybe by the time you are ready to enter Paris I can be rolling along as well.

Hi Jim,

I have to do what I can when I can and Im off work till Saturday. I put together the tracks during nightshifts at work and once Id got the hang of them they came along real easy.

I got the other fender done last night. One thing I attempted was making a stowage box that, judging from reference books I have, was a field fitted mod on 10 Pz Div, 7th Pz regiment Pz IIIE/F's. Fitted just in front of the jack on the left hand fender. I made it out of metal foil from a used (washed) cottage pie tray. The base was flat so i thought Id give it a go.

Heres a photo. Its not properly fixed on yet as it still looks a bit rough around the edges.

Turret tonight I think.

Im trying to get the build done because i know from experience that the base will certainly take me the longest. Not just constructing it but deciding on the thing in the first place!!!

Des
PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 01:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WE must Trudge on into Belguim

Looks good everyone

MATT

Is that my famous stop order from the Fuhrer?

Des
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 01:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Looks good everyone

MATT

Des

Kein mein Führer. Wir müssen angreifen!
(No my leader. We must attack!)

LOL

PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 01:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Looks good everyone

MATT

Des

LOL

Jawohl Herr General................... Panzer Marche!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,208 posts
Armorama: 2,152 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 02:29 AM UTC
Hi guys,

My fellow Englishman on the wrong side of the Irish Sea (Des) has been talking me into joining you guys in this campaign!

I have a Polish TKS tankette with RPM interior and Aber PE in the stash and the DML figure set Andrzej posted before. I figure I may do something with that, but first I need to make sure i'm gonna get everything else done I said I would! (Have a lot of builds on the go at the minute!)

I'll definately keep track of the thread and let you know if I decide to take the plunge.

Des, its great to see this Pz. III E you've been talking about, you really are making a great job of her so far!

Keep up the good work guys, and good luck to those of you who have yet to start!

James
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 02:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Looks good everyone

MATT

Des

LOL

I think it should be "Nein" ("no"), not "Kein" (Kein means "none").
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 04:53 AM UTC
Here is what I am going to be building for this campaign.

This should be a fun campaign. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's entries.

HARV
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 06:22 AM UTC
hello all,
i am glad to see al the differant vehiciles being built.this is shaping up to be a great campaign.
my Pz 1a has the road wheels done,but untill i get the system more stable i can't post photo's yet.
cheers,
Bruce
Blade48mrd
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,185 posts
Armorama: 810 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 07:00 AM UTC
Great looking entries and ideas, and this is really going to be a great Campaign.
And Des, talk about 'blitzkrieg', you're off and running quick. That Pz III is looking fantastic, and anxious to see more. I know what you mean about the dio part taking longest to do. For that reason, I'm going a little more on the simple side for my 'Bridge' and have decided to do the Italeri SdKfz 232 '6 Rad' armoured car and maybe a motorcycle or two as a 'recon' group dashing across. From what I've gathered on the 'Bridge', it should be able to handle that much. Now just waiting for the SdKfz 232 to get here to get started.

Blade48mrd
goldenpony
Visit this Community
Zimbabwe
KitMaker: 3,529 posts
Armorama: 588 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 03, 2008 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Looks good everyone

MATT

Des

LOL

I think it should be "Nein" ("no"), not "Kein" (Kein means "none").

That was how my translator did it for me. Darn computers.

PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, April 04, 2008 - 02:42 AM UTC
I managed to get some of the turret done last night. the home made box on the side is going to have to come off and get lowered in height as it interfers with the turret when fitted.

I got some lead foil through the post this morning so that might come on useful.

I was thinking of just making a Milliput 'lump' and cutting out a block that is the correct shape for the box. then adding a small clasp and scribing details on the box to show the lid etc.

Any ideas anyone?

Des
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 07:55 AM UTC
hello all,
i have begun the invastion of Norway,with my Pz 1.they should surrender my next month.
cheers.
Bruce
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 08:17 AM UTC
Hi!
My TK-3 is mostly assembled (interior 100%, hull and chassis partially) and primed. Tommorow I'm going do paint the interior whole thing in basic colour and start painting interior. I've also assembled one figure and painted faces. I'll post some pictures closer to the weekend.
Now it's time for beer and Simpsons
Andrzej
grayghost666
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 01:41 PM UTC
hello Andrzej,
my Char B should be done this weekend.this is the second one i built,so it has gone much faster. all is that to do is detail cammo paint and the figure.
the panzer 1 will take the rest of the month.
cheers,
Bruce
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 10:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi!
My TK-3 is mostly assembled (interior 100%, hull and chassis partially) and primed. Tommorow I'm going do paint the interior whole thing in basic colour and start painting interior. I've also assembled one figure and painted faces. I'll post some pictures closer to the weekend.
Now it's time for beer and Simpsons
Andrzej

Hi Andrzej,

As i'm also thinking of building my tankette for this campaign, i'd be interested in what kits your using, I take it the base kit is a Mirage and the interior is the RPM kit? If so thats what i'll be using and so i'd love to know how the kits went together and what you thought of them (from looking at the spruce's its obvious they aren't the greatest kits in the world!).

Can't wait to see the pics,

James
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 07, 2008 - 11:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Andrzej,

As i'm also thinking of building my tankette for this campaign, i'd be interested in what kits your using, I take it the base kit is a Mirage and the interior is the RPM kit? If so thats what i'll be using and so i'd love to know how the kits went together and what you thought of them (from looking at the spruce's its obvious they aren't the greatest kits in the world!).

James

Hi James,
Whole my kit is RPM's. Interior is very simple, but taking under consideration that I want to show the vehicle laying next to the road with interior visible only through the partialy opened hatches it will do... Interior has some fiting problems (I had to cut some parts a little to make them fit). Exterior is also rather simple but parts are corectly molded and i have no problem to fit one to another.
The biggest problem so far was the machine gun - it is simply too long (there is no way to fit the gunner inside - fortunately I will not put any figures inside).
I'll try to post some pictures soon - looking forward to see yours (will it also be TK-3 or TKS?)
Check also THIS website - you may find it interesting.
Andrzej
grayghost666
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 12:21 PM UTC
hello all,
So how is everyone doing so far.my Char b is in Painting cammo area,my Pz 1 is waiting for it magic tracks to be put together(that is going to be so much fun),so i was wondering how far has the blitzkrieg has gotten.or is there a Phony War going on.

here is a question for all the builders doing Blitzkrieg.with the campaign ending in 4 months,shall we do the next part called Blitzkrieg 2: The North African Campaign that should start 1 month after this campaign.
if you are intrested let me know,and i will start getting it ready to be submitted.
cheers,
Bruce
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 - 08:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

here is a question for all the builders doing Blitzkrieg.with the campaign ending in 4 months,shall we do the next part called Blitzkrieg 2: The North African Campaign that should start 1 month after this campaign.
if you are intrested let me know,and i will start getting it ready to be submitted.
cheers,
Bruce

Hi Bruce, I'm waiting for weekend... now I have some other work to do at home and it's rather hard so even after finishing in the late evening I cannot paint or assembly anything because my hands are shaking... . I have interior painted in basic colour and next step will be painting the rest of interior details.

North African campaign is a great idea ( I even know what I'd build - Pz. IV would look great in desert camo) but I'd like to see it a little later... This year is going to be quite busy for me and I've already enlisted to some campaigns planned for this year.

Andrzej
Jamesite
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 03:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hi Andrzej,

James

Hi James,
Whole my kit is RPM's. Interior is very simple, but taking under consideration that I want to show the vehicle laying next to the road with interior visible only through the partialy opened hatches it will do... Interior has some fiting problems (I had to cut some parts a little to make them fit). Exterior is also rather simple but parts are corectly molded and i have no problem to fit one to another.
The biggest problem so far was the machine gun - it is simply too long (there is no way to fit the gunner inside - fortunately I will not put any figures inside).
I'll try to post some pictures soon - looking forward to see yours (will it also be TK-3 or TKS?)
Check also THIS website - you may find it interesting.
Andrzej

Thanks for the info Andrzej,

My kit is the Mirage TKS-B with the 20mm cannon (such a small tank with a large gun looks great to me!). As mentioned I have the RPM interior, which I bought seperately, and the Aber PE kit, which, while having some useful updates, is probably a bit over complex!
Plus the same DML figure set as yourself, though I only plan to use the Polish officer.
I'm expecting fitting problems and some detail issues from having a look at the spruces and instructions, but should be a fun little build.

Thanks for the URL, though I had found it when I bought the kit and did some research, a very comprehensive site though and a must for anyone planning to model Polish armour, or even interested in the Polish campaign.

Thanks again for your help and good luck with your build mate, I look forward to seeing the pics!

James
grayghost666
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 07:12 AM UTC
hello Andrzej,
how about Jan 2009,for the start of Blitzkrieg 2:North Africa that will give us alot of time to plan it out.
if any one has any suggestions for this new campaign,lets hear them.
cheers,
Bruce
PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 11:07 AM UTC
I think I may have rectified the problem with the home made stowage box. The pictures I have show the box on the left hand fender to be flush with the superstructure, mine wasn't!! So a little pressure applied and hey presto, simple fix.

I was hoping to get more done over the past few days but social calender interrupted the last part of the build. The build itself should be completed by Sunday the the painting can begin.

Des
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 07:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello Andrzej,
how about Jan 2009,for the start of Blitzkrieg 2:North Africa that will give us alot of time to plan it out.
if any one has any suggestions for this new campaign,lets hear them.
cheers,
Bruce

Hi mate,
January '09 would be great! That's a lot of time to plan and a lot of time to enjoy other '08 campaigns . (I've enlisted to BIG GUNS 2 campaign and I think it will be consuming 100% of my modellers time during the second half of this year).
My current project goes a little slowly right now, but I hope that it will move forward today and through the weekend.
Andrzej
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 10, 2008 - 10:05 PM UTC
hey ,

Started on my Heller Somua S-35,Took some WIP pics but the home PC,crapped out,fried motherboard,and where having a terrible time locating another one,or one thats compatible.dam thing only 3 yrs old,the board is already OOP,unbelievable!!

not sure if my work PC will let me download the pics,but I'll bring the Camera to work on Monday and try

Joe
grayghost666
Posted: Friday, April 11, 2008 - 05:40 AM UTC
hello J.Mayer,
i know about computers dying.my system went down,and cost $565.00 to fix.we lost 100 gig's of memory and 50,000 photo's.so good luck finding a new system.i read that Dell has a good system on sale for around $500.00,if you like Vista.
Take your time posting Photo's,we have 31/2 months to go.
cheers,
Bruce