_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Build Blog - Bronco Hotchkiss H38/39
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 02:39 PM UTC
Hi Frank,

Terrific work on the figures.

The only thing I'm trying to decide on is whether the German officer wearing the rubberised despatch rider's coat needs a slight sheen or not - it's not completely clear to me from the photos. Sorry about the nit-pick - it's only 'cos I'm very jealous of your great work!

Looking forward to seeing your next update!

Rudi
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2009 - 11:28 PM UTC
Nicely done Frank, that Hornet head with the tilted helmet is a must, I think mine went on a Hotchkiss commander too.

And it also gives me a chance to air my pet hobbyhorse about French tank crew figures - they're all BCC (infantry tank battalions) with not a single cavalryman amongst them!

David
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 - 01:23 AM UTC
Thanks once again guys for your very kind comments. I had this finished on friday night and enetered it in the IPMS Sweden Open at the weekend, and got a commendation for it. When I get time, IŽll take some photos of the finished model.

Quoted Text

the German officer wearing the rubberised despatch rider's coat needs a slight sheen or not - it's not completely clear to me from the photos

As far as I know, this is an early war great-coat or some sort of officers over-coat, so I didnŽt even attempt a rubberised look.

Quoted Text

that Hornet head with the tilted helmet is a must

Hi David. Definatly .... very nice figures and as always .... the head is such an important part ... it really makes or breaks the figure IMO. The tilt adds so much character!!
 _GOTOTOP