Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Miniart Dio Campaign
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:32 PM UTC
How many people have one of Miniarts Buildings or dio bases in their stash? I think a campaign might be a good way for people to take the plunge and start working on them. We could share tips, solve problems etc.

What do people think?
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:51 PM UTC
Hi Pat

I think it's an excellent idea.

I don't actually have any of their building kits, only figures but I've noted that many people say they have them in their stash but seem hesitant to make a start on them, maybe a fear of never working with vac formed stuff and the issue of joints having gap etc. so I think a campaign such as this offering mutual support and tips is perfect. I may even buy a building and join in myself.

Alan
thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 11:55 PM UTC
I have got one in the stash and need an excuse to get off my behind, I'm in.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 12:36 AM UTC
I have one in my stash as well and would be interested. But I have too many projects on the go right now. It all depends on the start date... Maybe 1st of January 2010?

Cheers
Stef
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 01:41 AM UTC
If I can get my hands on one of those Polish buildings, I would be interested to give it a go, too!
It would make a great learning experience for all.
But it would have to wait untill next year, though.
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 02:04 AM UTC
I'd like to give it a try. I don't own any........yet. So a campaign might be the way to go. Infact I think it's a great idea. We can help each other and learn from each other. Go for it !!!
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 03:17 AM UTC
Sounds like a Great Idea. I had one in my stash and traded it as I was not really interested in a vacuform kit. So now it looks like I need to get another one, but I warn you all, I'll have questions and will most likely need some help. I have to admit, those that I have seen finished/Look really good. It will be a challenge for sure. milvehfan
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 06:43 AM UTC
I'd be in with Lithuanian building, I have it somewhere in my room (I'd have to find it first).
Count me in.

Andrzej
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 06:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd have to find it first.
Andrzej

What? Your room???

Occam
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 190 posts
Armorama: 129 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 07:26 AM UTC
That's a great idea, count me in.

I'm in the process of painting the French garage/farmyard for an L-shaped diorama with railroad tracks crossing a road, so a campaign to keep the fire lit would be great.
Gamike62
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 08:04 AM UTC
Several months ago I purchased the French City Building. The kit has beautiful detail. I could not wait to start cutting the pieces out of the vac formed sheet. I wish now I had scribed like they recomend. My modelling skills are slim and it being my first vac formed kit really shows. I got disgusted with my mistakes and put her back in the box. I have read posts by you guys and looked at all the excellent models being built on here. I am soon to be finished with my 1st 1/48th scale model in years (tamiya's 21/2 ton truck). As soon as I finish it I will have another go at the MiniArt Kit. Which I highly recomend as far as detail and value, mine included a set of german soldiers from DML. Sorry this post is so long, its my first post and I havnt learned the art of being brief.
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 08:15 AM UTC
I have 3 or 4 in my stash and one half built. this would be a good occasion to commit to finishing one. I'm in whenever you decide to start. I'll keep an eye on this forum to see when it becomes an official campaign.

Cheers
Hisham
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 10:08 AM UTC
Wow great response, I'll think of an outline proposal and havea chat with Mark Millard the Campaigns Administrator as to when would be a good time but January next year sounds good to me. No harm in practising before then though
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 - 10:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

I'd have to find it first.
Andrzej

What? Your room???

:p Yeah, Ron, room too...(I've been drinking a lot lately
Seriously: right now I'm replacing all furniture in my room to make them more useful for me (I really don't need that many shelves for my trousers and shirts, but I do need more place for books, dvd/cds and models...) therefore all my stuff is now in boxes, bags and stuff... It would really be a great problem to find the box with that exact model now...

A
Pavlovsdog
Visit this Community
Carlow, Ireland
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Friday, July 31, 2009 - 12:18 AM UTC
Pat ,

Excellent Idea I have to get one for a Dio I have been Planning for ages , have done most of the figures and hard ware for it just need to take the Mini Art building plunge!
When were you planning to start it ?

Regards,

Jerry

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, August 02, 2009 - 11:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent Idea I have to get one for a Dio I have been Planning for ages , have done most of the figures and hard ware for it just need to take the Mini Art building plunge!
When were you planning to start it ?

Well jerry I was thinking of starting tomorrow.

No wait! I mean Jan 1st 2010. Give me us all a chance to get everything else out of the way.

Before I submit the campaign I need a bit of help to set the scope. Here's what I have so far:

1) This is a diorama campaign so any dio or vignette using one or more Miniart dio base or building is acceptable.
2) The Miniart building can be built out of the box or converted and combined with other kits.
3) Vehicles are not compulsory but are encouraged.

Miniart have a couple of 1/72 scale buildings and may have more by the time the Campaign starts so we'll allow them.
Since a lot of the buildings date back to the 18C ? Anything from the Napoleonic wars onward would fit and might get some over on HF involved.

Anything anyone wants to add, I'm open to all suggestions for improvements.

Here's my first idea for the campaign ribbon

thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 12:30 AM UTC
Looks good with all the bases covered.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 12:31 AM UTC
Great! Count me in then!

I'd include any buildings in vac form, mybe there are other manufacturers out there, I don't know? And I'd include all scales and eras.

What is the time scale? I'd prefer something longer term as I have a quite big idea involving a whole building and two small vehicles... How about one year?

Cheers
Stef
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 01:07 AM UTC
count me in ive got minarts french street and im dying to get it built only thing done is primer on the street

so im in

tony
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd include any buildings in vac form, maybe there are other manufacturers out there, I don't know?

I think off hand I know of another company I believe based in Poland, sold on Jadar Hobbies site.

I'd rather keep it to the readily available Miniart kits. Who knows if you drop Miniart an email Pat they might take an interest in this, offer to judge, images shared on their web site, maybe they might feel like offering a prize of a building kit or figures for the best use of a Miniart model. Just a thought.

Alan
silentsteel
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 02:03 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

You can count me in........I have several of these kits and just love them, I would love being part of this campaign.

Jan 1, 2010 sound like a good start date and I like the requirements for the campaign.

Thanks
Mike
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 02:16 AM UTC
Ideas for this campaign?
I'd say anything that includes a Miniart-building, whatever era one chooses is up to the individual.
Date from 01012010-01092010. It's long enough to get things completed, but not too long in order to avoid loosing interest in the campaign.
Pictures of the buildings and SBS's of the build should be included and OOTB with only add-ons allowed?

Contacting Miniart sounds like a great idea!!!
silentsteel
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 153 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 02:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Date from 01012010-01092010. It's long enough to get things completed, but not too long in order to avoid loosing interest in the campaign.

Hi Ron,

I really don't think nine days is enough time for someone who is new to these type of kits, Some of the kits can be a little mind blowing , if you haven't done one before, I would give a minimum of two months for the campaign.

This way, we who have done them before can help those that haven't

Just my thoughts............

Thanks
Mike
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 03:03 AM UTC
Mike,
you misunderstood my suggestion....
It should be read day-month-year, so 01-01-2010 to 01-09-2010, that means 9 months, not days. Might be a difference of continent kind off thing...

And now that I look at it again, I made a mistake too! It should be 01-10-2010......

Sorry....

Just not my day today....
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 - 03:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Might be a difference of continent kind off thing....

More than likely Ron. Where as we correctly say the day of the month, month of the year, year its in for reasons I believe to do with computer software our friends across the pond do it differently putting the month first. You have to excuse them, after all the poor souls can't even spell Armour correctly.

Alan