Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Miniart Dio Campaign
HeyLoad
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 12:18 PM UTC
I've assembled and primed the Street w/Park Wall. It's hard to make perfect circles of the balls on top of the posts using the kit parts. Instead I bought some 1/2 inch wooden balls at a craft store.

Tom

Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 05:28 PM UTC
Here is my entry for the Miniart campaign. A couple of you guys are doing these buildings seperate or the set like mine. I added CelluClay with "stuff" mixed into it for more ground clutter/rubble. I used balsa wood for the floors and wall. Vehicles are done and figures are 80% finished. Questions and comments are always welcomed.

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 10:38 PM UTC
Nice work Keith, Tom and Pete.
For those of you who haven't uploaded your pics to the campaign gallery here is the link- Gallery

Keith are you planning on having a tank or SPG coming through the gap in the building.

Tom - good thinking on replacing the stone balls.

Pete They look terrific. Great paint job. Are they on the same base?
beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 971 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 04:07 AM UTC
Pat I,m thinking of a T34 or a Sherman Red Army ?? Waiting in the front of my building but will be makeing a lot of rubble for the rear to build up the scene at the back.I,am going to use some polysterene packing as the bulk then some plaster rubble on top with plenty of flooring broken inbetween hope to get more done before the end of the week
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 - 01:53 PM UTC
Pat,
I used this kit:

when it all done, I will put it on a picture fram or something like that.
beefy66
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 09:05 AM UTC
Got a lot more done and mounted the building to the base an added the big pile of rubble at the back.Also built the Dragon Red Army Sherman and have started to do the Tamiya assault figures to go with it see what you think so far
[imghttp://gallery.kitmaker.net/data/25149/Picture_00124.jpg][/img]
beefy66
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 09:06 AM UTC
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 11:02 PM UTC
Kieth,
Looking good, but if you crop your photos we will be able to see it better.
beefy66
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 09:17 PM UTC
Well I,ve took my time with these photos hope they come out better than the last lot. My garage lighting is not the best so have set these up on the kithchen table with better lights and background. Added more dust and rubble and have finnished off the figures and Sherman,also added some clear plastic into some of the windows.

beefy66
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 - 09:19 PM UTC

thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 - 11:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome aboard Chris, I'm waiting to get my hands on that kit myself.

Thomo that looks really good. How did you achieve the distressed paint look?

Are you going to mount a vehicle or some figures on it?

Hi Pat

This is the latest reply, not on the ball.

The distressed look was two different shades of light blue as I couldn't decide on the right colour.
The the old vegemite trick. I then re-masked to do the brick standouts and for some reason the tape pulled some of the paint down to the first coat. I worked out well but a bit of a fluke.
I haven't decided what vehicle or figures to put on but they will be Kiwi's. Cheers

mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 08:37 PM UTC
And the third of the french sheds (Actually listed as a german shed on the Miniart page)

I had similar problems in the fitting of the parts as described by the other two builders. I dropped the "attached" shed back a bit and added/will add some transition parts displaying an older shed in process of being transformed to a "party shed"(1)

The final model will display an event common to the 1970s/80s: A command post is using a farm as a convenient base point for power etc. with an M557 backed partially into the shed and the US Army all over the place.

(1) Quite a few farmers around my hometown tried to make money with re-furbishing old buildings and renting them out for parties in the late 70s/early 80s
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 09:53 AM UTC
I know I'm pretty darn late in the game as I just joined Armorama (and really have no idea what I'm getting myself into). The only way I'm going to have a chance with this is if I roll with 1/72. I can get one of these:
-Ruined Building
-East European Barn
-East European Farmyard
Would you guys have any suggestions of something decent but simple I could do with one of these that doesn't use any figures? I have a small collection of 1/72 armor kits that I could use.

Andy, Simon, Pete, Kieth and MBR, your buildings look beautiful

Pat, you have quite a handful of projects going on here, I really like your choices of buildings

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else here comes up with, all the projects look great
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 10:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The only way I'm going to have a chance with this is if I roll with 1/72. I can get one of these:
-Ruined Building
-East European Barn
-East European Farmyard
Would you guys have any suggestions of something decent but simple I could do with one of these that doesn't use any figures? I have a small collection of 1/72 armor kits that I could use.

I think the Ruined building would go with any tank- just add plenty of rubble. It'd be great to see a 1/72 build.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 03:24 PM UTC
Very good Pat, I'll grab a T-34 or German Panzer out of my stash and get to it
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 09:50 AM UTC
Alright, my Miniart 1/72 Ruined Building kit came in today, time to get crackin'. I'll post a mock-up pic later tonight or tomorrow.
Marnix
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 799 posts
Armorama: 63 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 09:59 AM UTC
Hi all,

It's impressive to see how everybody is progressing in this campaign. It's also very helpfull to see how others work with these kind of kits and learning from all the tips and tools that are provided.

I'm currently finishing my Operation Cobra diorama and as a result of that I have finally made enough progress in this campaign to justify a post. My subject is the "Diorama with Ruined Church (#36030)". I did not find working with vacuform kits easy, but maybe gaining more experience will make it easier. I did manage to get everything together (with the help of a lot of Putty and glue). To make the diorama a little bit more interesting I added some extra rubble, an electricity pole and a roof gutter. I'm also in the proces of adding some extra surface on the groundwork. I've placed the diorama on a wooden plate and filled the seams with putty. Next will be the proces of tidying everything up, maybe adding some details in the windows and then finally I can get started on the paintjob.

Pictures:

The tank is an M32B1 I'm building for a campaign on Kitmaker Benelux; it's a kitbash combining Italeri's M32 (#203) with Dragons M4A1(75) (#6048).

I know I have to gear up quite a bit to make it in time to the finish... However, my summer holiday will start on friday. That hould give me some time to make some good progress.

Greetings,

Max
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 04:24 PM UTC
Max: Absolutely love where your project is going, not to mention I'm a fan of the M32 (looking to do a similar kitbash in the future). Let's see if we can both finish in time to achieve the campaign ribbon
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 09:03 PM UTC
Excellent work Max. I like the additions you've made to the base. Will you add part of the roof or leave it as an old ruin?
Don't forget to add your pics to the campaign gallery
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 21, 2010 - 10:15 PM UTC
Hi
I'm running a little behind with my build, So many things on the go at the moment.
I've managed to get the US troops nearly finished & the Weapon's Carrier. I've added some pic's to my photobucket album.
http://s377.photobucket.com/albums/oo218/muddyfields/Miniart%20Campaign/
I've also managed to get the building primed ready for paint.
That's all at the time.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 04:39 AM UTC
Hi Guys, and Pat,
Just wanted to thank Pat for running this campaign. I completed my 1st Mini-Art kit back in March. But since then, from reading and seeing what you guys do I have done 2 other Mini-Art kits. Here is 1 that I just completed for the Workhores campaign
Photobucket
The Jagdpanzer is an old Tamiya kit build OOB.
Photobucket
Photobucket
So thanks again to everybody for all your help I feel that I have been improving. I have 2 more kit in the stash so any constructive criticism is more than welcom
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Friday, July 23, 2010 - 02:26 PM UTC
Another update. House is basically done, starting on the dio

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 09:16 PM UTC

Still a lot to do but I'm getting there. I added some wooden strips under the walls to increase the height. These will be covered by rubble as will the location strip for the wall on the plastic base. The joins aren't perfect but I'm going to add lots of ivy to cover them. Thinking of using a Wespe as the vehicle.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 - 12:33 AM UTC
There are some great projects in here and I'm really looking forward to their completion.

As for me, unfortunately I had to unenlist as there is no way I'm going to finish this in time. I hit a motivational low a couple of months ago concerning modeling and am slowly getting the hang of it again. So no progress at all since the last post. And with the upcoming month of military service in Augist I won't be able to finish this in time.

So, good luck with the final lap of the journey!

Cheers!
Stefan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 - 04:32 PM UTC
I working hard on my 1/72 vignette/diorama, wish me luck