Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Blitz 3: Italy
tominizer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 210 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 12:42 PM UTC
Good work by all.

Hoping to find some time to post up some pictures of my progress as well. My build has come a long way and need to post up some of the progress. May isn't that far away !!!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hello Guido, I love your stowage and crates. I will trade you my carpet who knows what suprises that may be found there. For your nicely painted extras

Bob
Tailor
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,168 posts
Armorama: 256 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 08:26 PM UTC

Thanks, Bob, but feedin' mine is expensive enough!
Guido
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 09:04 PM UTC
Rei, excellent work. However, your tank looks a little glossy. I'm not sure if this is the effect of taking a photo or not. I would hit it with some dull-coat.
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 08:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Rei, excellent work. However, your tank looks a little glossy. I'm not sure if this is the effect of taking a photo or not. I would hit it with some dull-coat.

Matt, thanks for the comment, your right about the photo effect - I'm too stubborn to turn off the flash on the digital camera which makes the tank looks glossy my apologies

My models are always spray finished with Testors dull coat
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 05:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

hello everyone,
started a semovente last week, and I just saw there was a campaign I could enter with it, I already have a tread started in the armor part of the forum, hope that doesn't mean I can't enter thsi one...?

well, I'll check this topic in a few days to see if I can put my build here, or link the tread to this one.

greetz
ciao!

Hello The Pit,
As long as you have not done more the then 10 to 15% of the build and post photo's of what you hat do along with the rest of the undone model I think that it will be allowed. Of course with me being in a Rehab Hospital abed Bob being in charge it will be up to him. But my Vote is to go ahead and post the fore mention photo's and getting working. You have my blessing to go a head wit the model.
Cheers,
Bruce ( still dodging Nurse Ratchet)
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 - 07:10 PM UTC
@ Tha Pit: I will second what Bruce stated so we will see ya in the posts with some pics.

Bob
Tailor
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 03:24 AM UTC
Gentlemen,

as I had hoped for, I was able to finish the road wheels, idler, and drive sprocket last night. I did finish the return rollers, too, but I havn't taken a picture. All are ready to be painted, which I hope to do tonight.

Moreover, I am picking up the pace on the tank and was able to add some Verlinden stuff to the interior. In due process I removed the molded-on ammo on the side racks.

It's quite a challange actually, since I can't find the instructions. I fear they went into the trash accidentally. Anyway, I am gonna make do with my reference books. (...I hope!).

I wonder, would one be able to see the steering levers from the outside? Verlinden does not supply any of it...

Cheers,
Guido
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 06:55 AM UTC
Guido, is that an instrument panel at the front left side. If so the driver had no room to move much, I would be unable to fit in that spot (250lbs. 6") nice progress on your build.

Bob
Tailor
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 07:13 AM UTC
Thanks, Bob!
The panel is about in the right place, according to the book. I put it a wee bit more to the rear so one will be able to see it through the hatch after the top is added. The M18 is so small anyway, as a 6''er you'd probably not quality for service in that tank. At 6"/240 (going on strong to catch 250) I wouldn't either. I'd probably get stuck in that hatch with that butt of mine.
Cheers,
Guido

... now where did I put them peanuts?
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 07:36 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks, Bob!
The panel is about in the right place, according to the book. I put it a wee bit more to the rear so one will be able to see it through the hatch after the top is added. The M18 is so small anyway, as a 6''er you'd probably not quality for service in that tank. At 6"/240 (going on strong to catch 250) I wouldn't either. I'd probably get stuck in that hatch with that butt of mine.
Cheers,
Guido

... now where did I put them peanuts?

LMAO:D How correct you are my VW driving days are long gone.

Bob
bellers
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 253 posts
Armorama: 218 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 08:43 AM UTC
hi guys lots of work being done best pick up the pace a bit hopeing to get decals on later as finished the camo over the weekend. nice work everyone post some pics soon
Railmen2000
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 87 posts
Armorama: 65 posts
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2011 - 09:43 AM UTC
Hi Wayne

Thanks for looking. I made the branches from wire and putty, and added aftermarket foliage (leaves) by Model Scene ( a Czech Republic Company). They make several types for 1/48th scale, but would look just as good on any larger stuff. I ordered them fromTim Perry at Fighting 48th. He is having a 30% off sale on diorama materials. Tim is a great vendor, but he is in England and the Royal Post/Mail took forever (actually about 7 weeks) for the package to arrive here in the US, but you should have no problenm getting stuff form him over there.
Jim
Tailor
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 04:57 AM UTC
Gentlemen-
Today I finihsed the interior set up and painting.
The interior was primed with Andrea primer and painted with Vallejo. Weathering methods applied are: pigmentation with Artitec and MIG pigments, washes with artists oils, highlighting with coloured pencils, and Tamiya Master Weathering colours.

Tomorrow, I'll put the top on and start the turret
Cheers,
Guido
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 05:40 AM UTC
Looking great Guido!
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 06:10 AM UTC
Guido, your photos give me one great visual of this interior and its cramptness. DITTO what Jeremy said.

Bob
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 08:50 AM UTC
thanks, Bruce, and Bob

I must admit I'm a fast builder, I spend 6 to 10 hours a day building if possible

so in the time I saw this thread, posted a Q, and had an answer, I almost finnished the little bugger

the interior took the most time, I eyeballed the details from E-books I have, and some pics on the net

here some pics of the build

greetz
Tailor
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 - 05:51 PM UTC
Wow!
That is one great looking model. Excellent scrtach-built additions!
Bravo Zulu!
Cheers,
Guido
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 12:45 AM UTC
thank you, well no time to wait, gotta build another kit!

yellow faded with some white

taped it in

got some dark green on

remove the tape

enough for a day

greetz
dcandal
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 918 posts
Armorama: 212 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 06:03 AM UTC
Some photos of the advance,

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 06:34 AM UTC
@ thepit: you just answered my problem for my M4. Nice job of masking and painting.

@ Daniel: I can see two of your dot colors (white, yellow) what is the third?

Bob
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 09:36 AM UTC
thanks Bob

I see yellow oker, titanium white, burned Sienna, and I guess prussian blue, or paynes grey, maybe some green'ish' colour
hard to tel

nice dotting there, I'd suggest next time you do the wood, gently scribe it with a fresh blade, ot a coarse abrasive, then paint in a "beige" tint,give a coat of clear, then a good wash/painting with Burned Sienna, witch will fill in the scratches, whipe most of it off, or remove with a stiff brush, then you'll get the "woodgrain "look.

Tailor
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 05:23 AM UTC
Gentlemen-
Good to see other aproaches on weathering and painting. I wasn't familiar with that "spotting" techique. Lot's o' stuff to learn here!!!

I am progressing with my M18 and added the top to the hull and masked off the opening. Now all hull parts seem in place and will start the turret. It's been a good fun kit so far and the Verlinden add on does a trick or two on appreances, too.

I am off to night shift again, so I probably will not be doing any modelling this weekend again.

Have nice Sunday everybody!

Cheers,
Guido
jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 05:28 AM UTC
nice wok Guido, love those "just before painting" pics, let one show the hard work and TLC involved
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Monday, March 07, 2011 - 08:36 PM UTC
Hey Guys !

Here is my entry :

P-47D "Flak Happy" from the 354 FS 350 FG based in Pisa Italy early 1945.

It'll be done in NMF using Alcad II.

I'll be using the awesome Tamiya kit in 1/48 with Eduard PE, Masks, after market 50 cal barrels, and Lifelike decals.

NB: There are some issues with the decals in that the cowl flap colors are wrong ("Black and White" decals not "Blue and Yellow" as they should be, and the name 'Flak Happy' needs to be in a red cloud.) I'll fix both those

I should have the cockpit done this weekend

Cheers

Paul