Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
british armour campaign
r2d2
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 424 posts
Armorama: 419 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 07:16 AM UTC
Can't resist joining in this GB since I'm almost done with my Braille campaign. Wonder if I can enter my long overdue build of the ARRV 7? Its around 50% build on the contsruction phase but never painted yet. Is it ok fellas?

Thanks,

Val
stansmith
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 611 posts
Armorama: 584 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 07:46 AM UTC
yeh that would be fine
cheers stan
minas-ithil
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 248 posts
Armorama: 224 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 03:04 PM UTC
To All Fellow AngloArmorPhiles,
Having just completed the BrailleBattlefield campaign, it is time to move on to my next one - British Armor! I am currently debating between a few Brit tanks - the Cromwell, Comet, Firefly and the Mk IV Male. As of now the Mk IV Male is the favorite, followed closely by the Cromwell. I hope to start building before the weekend is over, so I will post some photos. Who knows, maybe both?

Thanks,
Stephen
r2d2
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 10:27 AM UTC
Thanks Stan! I started this build around 08' and its been dragging on for so long. Hopefully with this GB I could finish this by the year end. This is an AA kit conversion for the Tamiya Chieftain to the ARRV Mk7. I will post my pictures from 08' till the present.

Re-detailing the original parts.

Left stowage bin had to be scratchbuilt as the kits part is badly damaged. I have to correct most of the miss cast parts.

Right stowage bin

stansmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 02, 2011 - 02:15 AM UTC
i've always wanted to get that conversion cause i just think it looks like one mean vehicle.
i'll probably make a start on my sherman this week cause i am almost finished with my pzkpfw IV for the next generation campaign.
cheers stan
Jasonbee71
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 686 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 05, 2011 - 09:33 AM UTC

Evening All, some excellent progress going on, I've been a bit busy of late, but now it's time to make a start or atleast choose my subject for this wonderful campaign.
After great deliberation, and after looking through my stash (opening boxes and the like) I'ce decided to build the old Dragon/Maquette Bishop SPG (also there's an excellent article the latest issue of AFV Modeller that has inspired my choice). I will post some pictures as my build progreses, (might finish off my KV for the killer KV's Campaign first though) keep up the good work all

Jason
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 08:56 AM UTC
Hay gang 90% there now, just the last few bits to finish off now.

stansmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 09:08 AM UTC
scott that chally 2 looks really great, what dud you use to weather it?
where did you get that board that it's on, B&Q? I need one to cut my pieces on cause i'm ruining the desk
cheers stan
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 09:58 AM UTC

Quoted Text

scott that chally 2 looks really great, what dud you use to weather it?
where did you get that board that it's on, B&Q? I need one to cut my pieces on cause i'm ruining the desk
cheers stan

HI Stan I used a combination of life color dust and rust paint, and mig pigments for the weathering. I dry brushed the dust paint on the lower surface's getting lighter as I worked up the model, I then painted all the nuts, bolts and some of the raised areas with a rust colored paint. Once that was dry i started on the weathering with the pigments, using a thinned down mix of mig gulf war sand making sure is got in to all the cracks then I highlighted selected areas with rust pigments.

Hope that helped?

As for the mat I got it from eBay you can get all sorts of sizes depending on what you need.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1311&_nkw=cutting+mat&_sacat=See-All-Categories

keo
Visit this Community
Nordjylland, Denmark
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 09:00 PM UTC
Hi Gents
As my Chieftain is coming along I’m, as always, planning my next project. The object of which is Hobby Boss’ Wolf. Though not an “armor” object I still hope someone can provide me with some help.
I want to crew my LR and have my eyes on Accurate Armour’s SAS 110 DPV Crew Set #1. As far as I know the wolf is not an SAS vehicle? So can that kit be used as a crew for a “normal” regiment’s LR?

For AA set se here : http://www.accurate-armour.com/ShowProduct.cfm?manufacturer=0&category=9&subcategory=55&product=1986

beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 971 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 08, 2011 - 10:43 PM UTC
Kenneth Freindship models also do a range of Wee freinds figures that may go with the Landrover, also stock Legends figures and accesories

Stan you can also get the cutting mats at Hobbycraft stores if you are near one of those.
My progress with the Staghound is slow at the moment because of work but hope to get back into it soon
Cheers Keith
stansmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 09, 2011 - 08:54 AM UTC
thanks for letting me know they do them at hobbycraft Kieth, thats just round the corner really
stan
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 04:10 AM UTC
Nice work Scott, Tom and Val and apologies to anyone else I missed.

Campaign is looking great. If you are still undecided here's a couple more to choose from.

Things just keep getting better.

Al
r2d2
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 09:31 AM UTC
Updates: I have to re-do most of the details on the commader's cupola to improve the AA kit.

Detailed the rear ....

Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 - 02:59 AM UTC
Wow a lot of progress, and a lot of scratchbuilding going on here!
@ AlanL:I cant wait to see the Valentines finished, especialy the one with the Maltese "stone" camouflage!
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hi Val,

Nice work.

Hi Naseby,

Should have got started at the weekend but 2 sections of British Infantry are holding things up. I'm not 100% sure the Mk V was used in Malta, need to do some checking. I think they only has a couple of Mk IIs and Mk IIIs but again more research is required.

Cheers

Al
Lakota
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 1,202 posts
Armorama: 635 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 28, 2011 - 12:37 PM UTC
Howdy Keith

How do you like the Staghound kit? Would you happen to know if it costs more or less than the Italeri kit? I suspect they are the same molds, what is the difference in the box?

I look forward to your build.

Have a Nice Day,
Don "Lakota"
beefy66
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 971 posts
Armorama: 280 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 09:35 PM UTC
Hi Don it is the italeri kit just with Tamiya instructions and crew figures ?. the price at the show was about the same for either kit, and it is going together very well if a bit slow with me . At the moment spending a lot of time cleaning up the Legends stowage set and trying to figure out where to place it.

Cheers Keith
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 07:44 AM UTC
Finished..

stansmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 07:53 PM UTC
that challenger looks great scott.
looks like alot of work on that cupola val.
stan
Naseby
Visit this Community
Slovakia
KitMaker: 825 posts
Armorama: 246 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 02:29 AM UTC
@Sudzonic: Nice one! The PEs realy make it interesting.
Serlone
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 11:34 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

not to long ago i came back to the hobby after about a 12 year absence, shortly after i found this great repository of knowledge. and eager to get my hands dirty and got even more excited after finding out about campaigns, i picked up a 1/72 mirage at-1 kit from the bargain bin at the lhs i entered the braile campaign, being in a bit over my head with this kit and some real life stuff kicking in it still is not finished and waiting on the shelf for the day i get brave enough and my skills good enough to tackle it.
but enough dwelling in the past, last week i started building the 1/35 trumpeter enhanced armour challenger 2 and to day i found out there also was a british campaign. so i couldn't resist and decided i would enter. Build will be out of the box and is mainly to get the rust out of my system and to play around with the airbrush i recently purchased.
in the endi'll be happy if i can make my 1/35 one look half as good as Scott's 1/72 one.

to finish this of here is a pic of a quick mock-up with some tape. I know terrible lighting and already spotted some points which will require some attention to clean up. But all comments and tips are more then welcome.

stansmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 07:40 PM UTC
hi remco, your chally 2 is looking really nice, i've still gotta build mine.
stan
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 11:37 PM UTC
Nice work folks, Almost ready to get under way with the Churchill Mk IV.

BTW would this qualify for the campaign? Just finishing it off.

Armoured Gun Tractor?????

Al
stansmith
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 12:19 AM UTC
i dont see why not, it looks really good by the way.