Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Braille Battlefield
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 12:13 PM UTC
Matthew, I am sure that you will make the Mk. I far beyond anything Airfix might have dreamt it could ever be.

On your second point, I am truly puzzled. Why on earth would a Braille aficionado "lower" themselves to build a larger scale version of a Karl? Especially since there are a couple of quite good 1/72 scale versions. I have and have been building the Hasegawa Karl for an eternity. It is most excellent and perhaps I should endeavour to complete it during this campaign. I dread thinking of the size of a 1/35 version when the 1/72 is pushing 21" (53,4 cm) in length when on the rail mounting.

Cheers,
Jan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 12:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Well, it seems pretty quiet around this thread. Everyone thinking hard about what they are going to do? I didn't know where also to put this so I'll place it here. My current project was going along smoothly and then a shocking reality hit me. A pin that a sprocket mounts on was not there. From checking the pictures that I took just after I opened the box I see that it wasn't there from the start. How could I have missed that! Has anyone else ever run into anything similar? Either it was a flaw from the factory or it was damaged during packaging. Strange thing is that where the pin was, it was totally smooth and not jagged or anything like one might expect. What to do!

I experienced the same thing with my 1/72 T-34/85 that I didn't finish in time for the Diorama campaign.
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 08:59 AM UTC
Well I think i have made my life a bit easier on my planed build? I was looking at my !/72 scale M2 Bradly with ERA and the blocks look similar enough to work on the side skirts of the Abrams. It will need a little modification to the skirts but it should work?????????????
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 09:15 AM UTC

Quoted Text

On your second point, I am truly puzzled. Why on earth would a Braille aficionado "lower" themselves to build a larger scale version of a Karl?

My excuse is that I bought it in a charity shop. My wife disagreed when I said it would like nice on our lounge mantlepiece, and said it would look nicer smashed with a hammer. Which I thought was a bit unfair. 840mm - it is true it's a good reason to do a braille version, but what could I do? Leave it in the Hospice shop languishing on that top shelf? I couldn't resist that slightly skewy but oh so grim box art, with the leaden sky.
Maurice
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 10:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hmm, PzHb2000 I would say. Good choice, best artillery currently available

Are you absolutely sure, Maurice! Could it not be an AS-90, an M-109, an Elefant? Although you are absolutely correct and it is a Revell kit and so far the fit is phenomenal when compared to the T80. The turret virtually flew together on its own.

Duh, as if there would be anyone here that wouldn't recognize the upper hull shape, being rather similar to the Leopard 2, but ehhh... since I answered correctly, what do I win?
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 - 05:57 AM UTC

@firstcircle
Quoted Text

My wife disagreed when I said it would like nice on our lounge mantlepiece, and said it would look nicer smashed with a hammer.

My own SWMBO happened to be looking over my shoulder as I read the above and all but fell into convolutions with laughter. After regaining her composure her only comment was that she CAN at times relate to the sentiment.

@Sudzonic - It's always nice to find something that makes a build easier. Now if only you could make a resin set of all the parts needed for the conversion for the rest of us.

@ Maurice - I have looked at my Leopards and the PzH and as far as I am concerned there is barely a family resemblance with the images that I posted. As for a prize, you have my unending thanks for knowing someone as discerning and intelligant as yourself.

Time is ticking and we have nine days to go! I must say that for a pre-campaign thread, this one has really shown some enthusiasm. My records show that with the Matchbox Campaign we had five and one third pages of comments prior to the official start. With this posting we are starting the seventh page with still over a week to go. I certainly hope that this is an indication of the activity we will experience after the start.

We are currently at 34 committed members and the member chart is back on page four. Please take a moments to assure that your Callsign is present in the list.

Cheers,
Jan
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 - 06:12 AM UTC
Hi Jan!
You can mark "New" beside my callsign into "New or Finish" section.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 - 06:31 AM UTC
DONE, Kimmo! How's that for service!

Cheers,
Jan
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 - 07:00 AM UTC
Put me down for finishing builds

Maurice
Visit this Community
Friesland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 75 posts
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 - 08:12 AM UTC
In the list: "Begin" that's people who have already begun to build even though the campaign hasn't started yet?

Anyway, put me down for finish. Or would that be new, since I've put only 2 or 3 parts together so far...
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 22, 2010 - 09:04 AM UTC
@newfish - Your choice is noted and the chart will be updated.

Quoted Text

In the list: "Begin" that's people who have already begun to build even though the campaign hasn't started yet?

Maurice, that area of the chart has the title pictures and refers to posting a picture of the start point or the beginning point of the kit.

Quoted Text

Anyway, put me down for finish. Or would that be new, since I've put only 2 or 3 parts together so far...

If you have even put on three parts you have started the kit so yes, it will become a finish. As such you will be required to finish an additional partially built kit or build an additional new one.

Cheers,
Jan
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 03:23 AM UTC
Jan, put me in for "NEW". Cheers -- Tat
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 09:09 AM UTC
Tat, your choice has been appended to the chart.

We are finally getting down to the wire. ONLY one week to the start. Probably time for every one to start thinking about their build/complete subjects.

Cheers,
Jan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 01:49 PM UTC
Jan: Put me down for a new build. If I get a chance, I will build a second model or finish my entry from the Miniart Diorama campaign.
trooper82
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 02:15 PM UTC
Hi Jan,
Put me down for new please, its the Airfix Mk 1 female for starters and if I can manage I will do the Male as well.

Paul
Krowa_
Visit this Community
Województwo Gdanskie, Poland
KitMaker: 37 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 08:56 PM UTC
Hi Jan,

I will built ICM's ZiL-131.
It's still untached in a box, so please mark me as "New".
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 01:18 AM UTC
I'm starting off with the completion of the already started pirate Isuzu TX-40 fuel truck. I already posted a pic, along with its very weird decals, but as a reminder:

For dessert, there are various things in my mind.
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 01:36 AM UTC
Howdy Jan!

I will probably be joining with a Matchbox T-34, hopefully with a few scratch improvements. That would make my first and last projects of the year Matchbox kits...

Unless something hits me and I try the Airfix Matilda Frog... Ribbit!

Cheers!
Stefan
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 04:14 AM UTC
Paul, Marek, Matthew and Stefan, your choices have been noted in the chart. I have too many options so am currently befuddled over what I will actually start with. I am currently in a somewhat modern vehicle building phase so I am leaning towards a new Leopard II, M-60A1 or M1A1 w/mine rollers.

As this campaign has a fairly long running time I have a plethora of potential "finish" kits. Most prominent in my mind is an ESCI Stug III/105 mm. It is of course partially built but I have lost a few parts, most importantly the tracks. An acquaintance from the local IPMS club was in Toronto and happened across some sets of resin tracks for this kit. He has agreed to sell me a set, if he can find them.

Cheers,
Jan
PanzerAlexander
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 625 posts
Armorama: 608 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 11:13 AM UTC
Hello Jan

Count me in for the Trumpeter famo trasporter.

Link : https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/166211&page=1

P.A.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 03:28 PM UTC
Greetings and welcome Alex. Firstly, as this is a campaign, you are required to go to the Campaign page and click on the "Enlist" button on the upper right of the page. Also, please read the campaign rules on that page. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them.

Cheers,
Jan
tatbaqui
Staff MemberNews Writer
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 2,713 posts
Armorama: 2,451 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 03:13 AM UTC
My contribution will be a Sturmtiger. Looking forward to the start. Cheers -- Tat
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 03:41 AM UTC
Hi Jan!

I want to finish all my kits started for the Matchbox Campaign[and maybe some Fujimi].It is ok???
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 06:06 AM UTC
@ Tat: Excellent and intriguing choice for a build.

@ Dani: We can never have enough Matchbox kits being built.

We have had our first "defection" with panzerIV unenlisting but we have now been joined by PanzerAlexander and MacTrucks. A hearty welcome to both of them and the chart above has been duly amended. Only four and a bit days to go before the battle commences.

We have had some good hits on this thread but enlistment numbers have been rather stalled in the mid thirties (about the same start amount as the Matchbox campaign). There were quite a number that joined once the action began in the previous campaign and we can only hope that the same happens this time.

Cheers,
Jan
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 07:23 AM UTC
Hi Jan!
This is my input for campaign, despite all bad moulding: