Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
That Aussie's in Iraq Diorama, 2006
Adamskii
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 474 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 01:31 PM UTC
hey folks, thanks for the well wishes again.

Edit : youtube is working and I found this video - terrible quality if you want details, but great overview of pretty much most of the models there! I have some detail pics to add later.. Adam
http://youtu.be/pR3W1e1SijE

edit 2: someone elses pix with easy navigation https://picasaweb.google.com/TarokZA/ModelExpo2011#
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 11:17 PM UTC
photobuckets working again..

hers the link to the folder I am putting my pics in.
http://s1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb431/poopnfish/melbourne%20model%20expo%202011/

heres a few of the other dioramas.

2nd and 3rd place

Adam
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 12:07 AM UTC
Adam: Congratulations!! I really appreciate your attitude towards the competition. Also, in my opinion, People's Choice is the best award to get, as it conveys an appeal to the "average" person, rather than too much focus on scoring points in the judging.

One day I hope to make it down under to see your work in person.

Happy Modelling, -zon
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 04:38 AM UTC
Adam,
Just had to add that I am still blown away by the quality of the models that you have built and think that even with the "flaws" you still have a masterpiece on your hands that is worthy of more "study" and attention.

Kudos on your awards well deserved.

I have found here that the quality of the model is only part of the equation in this hobby and in this case is only rivaled by the quality of modeler. You are both a gracious winner and competitor. Cheers.
keithaj
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 - 11:26 PM UTC
hi there i really like your diorama, could you tell me where you got the chickens from thanks keith
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 02:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi there i really like your diorama, could you tell me where you got the chickens from thanks keith

hello Keith,

2 of the chickens are from the tamiya farmyard animals set ( the bigger a nd probably overscale ones), while the other chickens are from I think the dougs originals animals set - not 100% sure, but particularly the chicken with its wing up and the eggs under it. Im sure its dougs originals or mk35 ... been a while since I had to think about it!. One of the "chickens" is a goose or duck but painted chicken colour and camouflaged at the bottom cage..

hope that helps.

Adam

PS, local model comp at end of October , thinking of fiddling,.... tinkering.. any suiggestions i might entertain ? .. let me know.
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 11:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

PS, local model comp at end of October , thinking of fiddling,.... tinkering.. any suiggestions i might entertain ? .. let me know.

Hmmm, start a new one, a little bigger though would be good mate !
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 07:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Hmmm, start a new one, a little bigger though would be good mate !

ok how about a speed build desert scene - 3 square feet of board and 3 kilos of fine sane... glue in place... done

Coming over or do u know anyone that is ?

Adz
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 06:06 AM UTC
Hi
Just wondering
On page 4, in the background, I think I saw a ZSU-23-4. If so would it be possible for you to post a couple of pics of it please.
Cheers
Euan
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 01:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi
Just wondering
On page 4, in the background, I think I saw a ZSU-23-4. If so would it be possible for you to post a couple of pics of it please.
Cheers
Euan

ahh yes my zsu project... you spied correctly.

Will post some pics for you soon.

over christmas break when I get 5 mins to myself..

Adamskii

a small pic can be found here :
http://www.saplasticmodellers.com.au/gallery_articles/gallery/expo10pages/10page4.htm about half way down the page..
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 01:58 AM UTC
I just realised I forgot to tell everyone -

I won best of show at the local SAPMA competitionwith this Aussies in Iraq diuorama. In total the diorama won 9 trophies all up for various things such as best scratchbuild, best diorama, best of show, best Australian themed entry , plus the vehicles won a first , a third and a best of category for armoured vehicles, plus peoples choice and entrants choice trophies.

Quite a catch.

The diorama was build I am sure I mentioned in the very first post, to aggresively challenge that title (best of show)

The final piece of closure is for me to get off my butt and get these photo taken - the proper ones - and a glass case made to go over the top. things are moving slowly with the loaning of the diorama but thats for another day.

Adam
parrot
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,607 posts
Armorama: 1,581 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 11:45 AM UTC
Great for you Adam,
Well deserved.Followed from the start.If you recall I started what you probably hate was the idea of a book on the build.Still think it's a good idea.
All the best to you and your family for the holidays.

Tom
SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Friday, December 16, 2011 - 10:21 PM UTC
Thanks Alot and Merry Christmas
Euan
specmod
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 93 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 12:05 AM UTC
Mate, highly deserved and well done, was great to meet you at melbourne and hope to catch up again,
for your intrest here is web for my new buisiness www.folditmodels.com
some good stuff.
cheers
AussieReg
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 8,156 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 11:25 AM UTC
Congrats on your awards Adam, recognition very well deserved mate !!

Cheers, D
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 - 09:32 PM UTC
Hi folks been almost a year since last post . Just letting you know that the photo bucket account linked to this blog is going back to basic from pro and some pics might be limited if bandwidth is too heavy .

Never fear all the pics are still there.

Cheers

Adam
youngtiger1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 534 posts
Armorama: 344 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 09:58 PM UTC
Super, I just redound this old thread and I want to see this through. So, I'll follow a long...
Tanksami
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,314 posts
Armorama: 1,217 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 10:25 PM UTC
Hi Adam,

Congrats on your fantastic diorama I remember it from the expo & all of us judging all the different entrants discussed it & how yours stood out. I also heard lots of people commenting on how great it was all weekend long.

I will look forward to your next masterpiece as I have heard that when you do attend & enter you normally take out the gongs.

Cheers Mike
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 11:42 AM UTC
Adam,
i have not been on this site very often the past seven years, and I overlooked this.
I just spent the entire evening admiring the step-by-step approach. What an incredible diorama this has become!
Where is it now? Did you loan it to a museum or do you still display it on modeling shows?
I look forward to your future work.
Best regards and sincere congratulations

Jan
sweaver
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 759 posts
Armorama: 410 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:45 PM UTC
Congrats Adam. Some well deserved wins there. Now get those final pictures!

Looking at your last few build posts, I must say that the quality of the work puts it up there with Claude Joachin's Clervaux diorama. I never thought I'd ever say that about anyone's work, but you really have done it.

Nice work. Very nice work.
GeneralFailure
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,289 posts
Armorama: 1,231 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 10:51 PM UTC
I'd by very interested to read more about the way you cast your house. Your pictures explain a lot about the casting process, but what product do you use? Is this plaster ? Any additional info would be appreciated. I read your intention to provide more information on the subject, but I did not find it. Did I overlook it or is this a future project?

I'm still mighty impressed with this diorama.
Adamskii
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 09:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'd by very interested to read more about the way you cast your house. Your pictures explain a lot about the casting process, but what product do you use? Is this plaster ? Any additional info would be appreciated. I read your intention to provide more information on the subject, but I did not find it. Did I overlook it or is this a future project?

Thnks for the feedback. I did promise I would do a step by step on my buildings (like the road etc)and when I get back to dioramas I will fullfill that promise. A few things to happen first though such as new camera, computer and finding time with a toddler around...

Quoted Text

Where is it now? Did you loan it to a museum or do you still display it on modeling shows?

It is in my games room at home. It has done a short stint at two RSL's and My local armoured unit had it on display for a short amount of time. I have found it a challenge to part with it for no monetry compensation... and the suggested recipients have been very clear in their policy of donation and owner transferrance thus far (war memorial etc)

Quoted Text

Looking at your last few build posts, I must say that the quality of the work puts it up there with Claude Joachin's Clervaux diorama. I never thought I'd ever say that about anyone's work, but you really have done it

I humbly accept your kudos, but sincerely say that I am but a mere pretender to be measured against the likes of Claude's Diorama. That is genuinely a proper masterpiece.

Once again thanks for the comments folks.

Adam Out

lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 - 11:04 PM UTC
I Remember checking out new updates for this a while back, and it was coming along nice, Now, i go back to the last photos. Brilliant, everything is well done, and the scene is amazing. non modellers may go " oh nice" but we can really appreciate the time and effort that has gone into such a magnificent piece of work
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 03:03 AM UTC
Nice to see this one bumped again. I think it is one of the top 10 best dios that I have ever seen. Even though it's big there has been no loss of detail or thought on any individual part.
J
dogstar
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 109 posts
Armorama: 103 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 06:24 PM UTC
I just stumbled upon this magnificent dio and I read each and every page of the thread, what a monstrous project!
Congratulations and I'm already looking forward to seeing your next project.