Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
What if Campaign?
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 01:25 AM UTC
John, that's a cool camo and nice work. That really is a small tank, isn't it? A lot of action packed in a small container.
Here's an update on my truck,
InteriorPaint-20110610-1727.jpg
Jeremy, I won't model the cargo area. I hope the rest of the truck will be interesting enough that it won't be missed.
I gave an attempt at sculpting a figure, and I think Picasso would have appreciated my homage to his abstracts.
Anyway, my son and I agreed that the inside should be painted tan, so I found some gloss tan spray around the house. With the recent humidity here as summer sets in, it's taken several days without completely curing. I'm hoping soon. Otherwise, I'll paint interior details soon and close it up with a roof and windows.
thanks,
Sean.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 01:29 AM UTC
Sean, I hear ya about the humidity. Have you tried adding a little bit of alcohol to your paint mixture? Not sure if it would help or not.
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 01:55 AM UTC
Y.C. Wang ... Sorry I completely missed your build start, the E-50 King Tiger is very original, but one of those idea's that you think about that ... then ... 'Yer, I reckon they would have done that'

John .............. Your E-25 is certainly looking the part, I like your take on the old Ambush-Scheme with an Urban-Camo twist!

Sean ............. What can I say ! ... it's out there.... but I love it!

Only update from me is that I'm now finishing off a Mk IV turret (thinking about getting shares in styrene sheets) .... ... but, I am very happy with this one, still lots to do but things are starting to come together nicely.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 03:39 AM UTC
Good stuff happening here for sure!

John that is really a good looking build. I'm waiting (im)patiently for more photos.

Sean that's out there buddy, but it works, it really does. Tan is a good choice for the interior.

By the way, what's humidity? LOL!
We had a week where the relative humidity was 9%, it's 20% as we speak. Paint dries in the bottle here. I became a desert rat years ago thanks to the Marine Corps, and couldn't wait to get back. No more Missouri summers where the temperature is 95 and the humidity 98%. I have actually seen paint bead up and bounce off a car body due to moisture in the air.

I'll be building this weekend as work was a bear. I'm trying to get caught up before surgery. Then it's build baby build!

G
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 07:53 AM UTC
Ok I started on the M1A1 by applying the anti slip coating to the turret and hull.

I'm working on the LAV as we speak. Pics to come.

G
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 08:18 AM UTC
Here's a teaser.

G
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 08:36 AM UTC
G: I'm going to have to ask you for some help when I apply the anti slip texture to my Chally II.

I dig the "tiles" in your teaser shots as well. Nice job working things in as you continue to develop your story.

You'll have to forgive me if I missed it, but what's the date for your surgery bud?
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 08:44 AM UTC
I took some new shots, got the rusted exausts, painted the rest of the equipment, added the guns.
This afternoon I added some more filters, a wash and some rainmarks from Mig.
I painted some of the white edges of the decals since it's supposed to be painted.

Only thing missing are the tracks, I painted them matt black and applied track brown pigment.
I'll get them done this week for sure..

AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 09:49 AM UTC
John I'm really diggin' that E25. It truly loks menacing painted like that.

Jeremy, surgery is scheduled for 6/27, and I anticipate a week or two off afterwards. I'm not getting any younger

As far as the M1A1 goes, Rustoleum textured paint, and this invaluable diagram provided by HeavyArty.

That and lots and lots of Tamiya tape,

G
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 12:49 PM UTC
Wayne, that's a lot of tape for masking that tank.. I'll look forward to see it painted.
I still have some details and drybrushing a few things.

Getting the tracks done this week for sure.
I'll have to consider adding the metal mud guards (front & rear), that will depend on the looks of the tracks.
I'm not sure if I'll add the spare tracks, maybe not.
I'm glad I didn't put the Stryker Dozer blade, the T-54 100mm gun is sitting too low, it would not fit the mounting structure of the original gun, because the tank is rather small and with a low profile.

Anyway thanks for looking and stay tuned for the next update !
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 02:19 PM UTC
G: Alright then, I'll be wishing you a slow recovery
He wouldn't happen to have a diagram like that for the Challenger II would he?
And would you recommend any specific thickness of Tamiya tape?

John: Don't tell me you're going make another change jk, keep up the good work bud
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 02:46 PM UTC
No more changes Jeremy !!
The only thing missing is the track and the mud guards.
I might consider doing another kit for this Campaign, but I have some unfinished Campaign kits, M46, 234/4,SturmTiger,T-62,MobelWagen...

As soon as I finish on of these I'll hold on to the E-50...
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 05:29 PM UTC
Jeremy I have four different widths of tape and I wound up trimming all of them to fit.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 05:33 AM UTC
John: LOL I would encourage you to go with another build with how fast your current build is going. It's always good to have a chance to finish things up, and all of those vehicles lend themselves well to the sci-fi treatment

G: Alright then, I was going to say that I don't remember seeing Tamiya masking tape in those sizes
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 08:56 AM UTC
Those Trumpeter kits have a low number of parts, the Dragon's 234/4 has twice more..
I might do the E-50 too..

But first I gotta finish this one

How's your KV progress so far Jeremy, can you make it on schedule ? Hope to see your builds soon too.

Happy Plastic !
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:32 AM UTC
Not unless I have a small grace period. Life keeps getting in the way so my modeling time has been super limited.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 10:15 AM UTC
Working four 10 hour days leaves time for modeling!
It's just that here lately I'm doing a minimum of 12hrs. each day.

That and a very understanding wife led me to this.

Sorry for the quickie shots. I have added a GPS antenna t the turret, and will be scratching a radar dish tonight.

G
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 02:56 PM UTC
I know the feeling... the last 3 years life got in the way of my modeling, no more workbench, no Campaigns.
Anyway I hope your builds can turn into a finished model... I have at least 5 unfinished projects waiting for a miracle.
As long as we have glue and X-acto blade set we're happy campers !

Nice work George !! It's looking great !

Jeremy, how's the Tamyia JSU ?
A few years ago I did the Zvezda kit , it was nice but the tracks were a nightmare..
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 05:20 PM UTC
G: Yeah, I don't have a problem with the 10 hours, but adding a handful of hours on top of that plus other complications makes things less than friendly for recreational time.

That tile armor is looking really cool, I forgot to ask you what did you use for it?
And don't worry about the photos, most of mine end up being quickies as well until I'm done with my build.

John: Yeah, the past decade or so has been the same way for me. Still pretty sporadic, but it's a lot better than it was before.

If you're asking about the 152, then it's about as nice as they come. You could build it right out of the box and have a very enjoyable build and a very nice finished product to show for it. It is one of the best kits out there and the best 152 hands down. The tracks are a piece of cake and they give you a nice pair of jigs to get the track sag right.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 05:44 PM UTC
Jeremy the tiles are cut from an Plastruct sheet #91541. It's embossed with 1.4mm square tiles specifically for HO scale RR's. I used tape as templates to start, then painstakingly cut the edges. Saturday night, all Sunday, and this morning wearing an optivisor, has not helped my mood.

The radar dish is made and drying as we speak. I'm getting started on the mount.

G
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:03 PM UTC
Jeremy I am in on this ..love what if's .no rules lol and i am already well on the way .. got some air defence for ya

hope you like it

Cheers
Phill
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 02:58 AM UTC
G: Nice! Get some rest bud.

Phill: Very cool, can't wait to read your backstory on this one
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 04:23 AM UTC
No rest for the wicked LOL!

Here's the radar dish. I scratched this from a old 35mm film cannister lid, sheet, rod and hex rod.

I went searching for just the right shape, and found it molded in to the film cannister lid. I cut that out and CA'ed it to some .030 sheet. The rest was easy. It is a "What if?" campaign after all.

G
VLADPANZER
Visit this Community
Lebanon
KitMaker: 568 posts
Armorama: 549 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 05:50 AM UTC
I see great progress here, I will start my diorama soon enough!
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:15 AM UTC
Go Vlad, Go!

Well between visits to the vet with a sick beagle, this is what I accomplished.

I decided to mount the radar on the turret as that would make the most sense. I removed the smoke grenade racks fron the left side and scratched a mount.
The aluminum tube will support the dish and fit into the plastic tube on the mount.

Here's the GPS antenna I scratched from some c channel, a wheel hub and fishing line.

G