Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
What if Campaign?
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 02:37 AM UTC
Man,you guys are really moving!I am very impressed with all the work being done.If you remember my back story,a Panther F is found in a secret room in Hitlers bunker.Then transported by Dragon Wagon with a crew of Russians and U.S. solders to Caen France,but it never gets there.My question is.........what colour do you think Hitlers Panther would be? grey?camo?O.D to try and fool every one? Black?Primer?Give me some ideas ,I'm open to anything.....OMG .......CHROME?

ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 02:59 AM UTC
@ jtucker, I don't think AH would go for a Chrome Panther, he didn't like the gold plated Walther PPK that Walther made for him, so I have read I would think that a late war panther would have some sort of Octopus Camo sort of like Johns E-25 but with greens in stead of the grays
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@ jtucker, I don't think AH would go for a Chrome Panther, he didn't like the gold plated Walther PPK that Walther made for him, so I have read I would think that a late war panther would have some sort of Octopus Camo sort of like Johns E-25 but with greens in stead of the grays

Sal,I know the chrome was a shot in the dark,but it is a what if campaign The octo camo might be a good idea,will see what I can come up with.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 04:16 AM UTC
Matthew: Sounds like a plan then

John: I seriously need to speed my builds up to like two a week

Sal: Looking good, and I agree you should get some more green on there. I've never had a preshade come through that strongly before. I've been using rattle cans on my builds because I need airbrush parts, no biggie.

Jtucker: No way man! BLACK SS Panther, just like early German uniforms! You could even put a big ol' "SS" logo on it!
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 07:42 AM UTC
Jeremy,Now thats an idea! Maybe a couple of stylized lighting bolts to go with them!
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 12:33 PM UTC
The more I think about it, the better I like the black.Just a little dust from storage and the "weathering "would be done.Any ideas on where I could get some early ss decals?I may have one more surprize up my sleeve as far as markings go but you'll just have to wait for the finished photos!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 12:35 PM UTC
My thoughts exactly, that'll be one evil looking Panther for sure

Not sure about the decals, I'd suggest putting up a post in the Armor forums.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 12:36 PM UTC

Quoted Text

My thoughts exactly, that'll be one evil looking Panther for sure

black it is!
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 01:19 PM UTC
@jtucker, you mean like this "For Discussion Only" I would imagine Archer or Bison should have something
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 01:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@jtucker, you mean like this I would imagine Archer or Bison should have something

Matt,right on the nose!I am fairly new to armor modeling and this is my first camp. I assume Archer and Bison are companies? Do they have web sites?Thanks for the help. J.T.
captnenglish
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,184 posts
Armorama: 770 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 01:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

@jtucker, you mean like this I would imagine Archer or Bison should have something

Matt,right on the nose!I am fairly new to armor modeling and this is my first camp. I assume Archer and Bison are companies? Do they have web sites?Thanks for the help. J.T.

Yes they are decal/dry tranfer companies. Here are the url's http://www.archertransfers.com/
http://www.angelfire.com/pro/bison/35.html
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 02:34 PM UTC
Matt,thank you sir,archer looks like they have somrthing I can work with
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 02:39 PM UTC
Archer makes top notch transfers. They look much more realistic than decals with carrier film, and they can be used dry or with water. I believe that their whites are much more opaque than most waterslide decals as well. Great choice for your Panther
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 08:24 PM UTC
Some great sfutt and plans going on here. I'm nearly finished my WMIK for the soft skinned campaign so will be getting the saw out to start here in a few days...
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 12:52 AM UTC
John..... The E-25 looks great, you can't be finished already!

Matt...... Magnum PI meets Mad Max = very original!

Sal........ The JS-3 is coming along great, looks a big beast (I may build one for the 'Tamiya' Campaign) forgotten your background story what you got planned for the old JS?

JTucker... Your Panther sounds good but although black sounds good it may come out a bit flat, I'd put some colour in there.... maybe black and a green but 'Octopus' style camo?

Did a bit more on the old Panther just a bit of fun... got carried away with the old styrene.... going for an Asymmetrical look not to sure but ... hay ho....
Don't worry about M60 sight not stuck on yet playing around with positions. Engine deck is nearly finished just waiting on my Dragon Panther G kit to rock up for the 'Under a Different Flag' campaign so I can nick the "flame-trap" exhausts.

imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 03:14 AM UTC
Duncan,as the tank was in storage ,I was planning to have it covered in dust.Hopfully that will highlight some areas and take some of the "flat "off it. Don't worry no octo!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 05:51 AM UTC
Sean M: Sweet

Duncan: The additional armor on the glacis looks great! Realistically there would be a piece of armor on the other side of the mg to help protect the radio operator.

Jtucker: The dust will definitely make the details stand out on that black beast you have planned, no need for any camo pattern to break up the lines
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 07:45 AM UTC
She's almost ready for primer!

I scratched the antenna on the rear, I believe it's for the modern Sincars radio system. It's been a long time since I was a Marine so I really don't know what the kids are using now.

G
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 08:14 AM UTC
G, sir, that is excellent!
I'm tempted to try and copy some of those antennas and smoke-launchers. I've started adding Combat Identification Panels (even if they've fallen out of vogue in actual combat zones-- haven't they?) and mounted an old pioneer tools rack from another kit. I've gone with the original hmmwv bumper, so probably no rhino or that sort of thing.
RecognitionPanels-20110620-1651.jpg
Anyway, I really like how yours is turning out, and I'm finalizing my plans and wrapping mine up soon too.
thanks!
-Sean H.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 09:58 AM UTC
Thank You Sean!

I am inspired by your build, hell I wish I had thought of that myself!

The antennas just sort of fell into the build the more I scoured the web. CIPS were something I deleted at the beginning based on the lack of current use. I felt in my scenario the Rhino system would be something the badguys would need.

She's been primered, and base coated. That Israeli Sand Gray really, really looks good in this enviornment.

I surprise myself sometimes.

G
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 12:44 PM UTC
The field drab went on well, but I'm having difficulty with the sand color stripes. I just cannot get the paint and PSI dialed in right. More later.

G
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 01:00 PM UTC
Just ordered my Dragon Wagon.Do to the price of the kit ,I don't think I will be able to do a dio.Will have to see what happens.pics when it arrives.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 01:31 PM UTC
Sean and G: Nice work fellas!
Take a breather from the AB G, maybe the gremlins will get bored and leave

Jtucker: Those Dragon Wagons are expensive in either form for sure. All you'll need to do is make a base with a little bit of groundwork for it and you'll be able to get the message across.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 02:42 PM UTC
Took a break, made dinner, and here we go.

I set this in the back yard and it really blends in.

G
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 03:03 PM UTC
@Duncan , great work on that IDF .. but don't worry I'll be back with a E-50 soon..

@Wayne Terrific painting job !!