Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
T-62 Chechnyan war
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 10:27 AM UTC
GergO!

Amazing work and detailing! So, would you recommend Voyagers PE-SET to tackle trumpeters kit?

Thanks for the inspiration,

Andreas
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 83 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 01:36 AM UTC
Hi guys!

Thanks so much those nice worlds!

Andreas! I don't know too much about the voyager P.E., couse I'm building the E.T. Models P.E. and that is awesome!

I'm working on the P.E. at the moment, The two side is ready, photos will be coming in the night time!

Cheers: Gergo
todorovicandreas
Visit this Community
Austria
KitMaker: 608 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hey Gergo!

Thanks for the clarification! Looks very nice!

All the best,
Andreas
Ranchhand
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 289 posts
Armorama: 257 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 04:24 AM UTC
very nice!
I am starting work on a t-62m myself, one question... how is the spare track attached to the turret? the t-62 i want to do has the cheek armor and the track wrapped around the back. it looks so cool
keep up the great work!
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:35 AM UTC
Hi Aaron!

Yes the spare tracks...... that was a briliant question, and the answer so simple..... I don't have an idea I think it's welded one, couse if you see the photo you can see that the spare track's midle where are the driver spikes it's under the barrier! So I think I will glue it somehow, ot I will soldering!? we will see. By the way, that wont be tomorrow

SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 11:54 AM UTC
Hi all!

As I promised before here are some photos from the present works. I still didn't stop the T-62, only I'm not building the plastick but soldering the P.E.

I use the E.T. Models fantastic P.E. sets. (I don't have any relationship with that factory) Easy to cut out from the frame, and easy to soldering to eachother. But unfortunately the draw (instructions paper is a [auto-censored]) I think two diferent team planed that! Anyway that is thick where it has to be thick and thin where it has to be thin, so I'm very happy with my decision! So talk instood of me the photos!

I know there are some mistakes, that happens if I use the Macro photos, but I will fix it them! I think a couple of hours more work with those parts and it will be ready to install on the vehicle!

I hope you like it, I'll be back soon with the update of the engine deck.

orpant
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 12:04 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Aaron!

Yes the spare tracks...... that was a briliant question, and the answer so simple..... I don't have an idea I think it's welded one, couse if you see the photo you can see that the spare track's midle where are the driver spikes it's under the barrier! So I think I will glue it somehow, ot I will soldering!? we will see. By the way, that wont be tomorrow

Hi!!!
Good job so far!!!
As for the spare tracks, check this out:
http://www.jbmodel.eu/product_info.php/cPath/58/products_id/2456
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 12:15 PM UTC
Hi!

Thanks for the link, I know this resin kit, but I will do with Friul T-72 tracks!

Ranchhand
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 12:40 PM UTC
two things:
still cant tell from the resin kit how they where attached in real life.
also t-72 tracks, are they not "live" tracks? that curl up if they are not under tension? can you use them as additional armor if they do that?
orpant
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 139 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 10:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

two things:
still cant tell from the resin kit how they where attached in real life.
also t-72 tracks, are they not "live" tracks? that curl up if they are not under tension? can you use them as additional armor if they do that?

Actually, to my knowledge, they were welded to the handrails in the turret. It is impossible to get them to hold, with all that weight, and the moves the tank made!!!
Besides, The tracks when not in use, they lay down in a a straight line!!! They do not curl up!!!
Gergo, are you sure, about the Friul???
I mean, that you will have a very heavy load, for the rails to hold, even if you replace them with metal wire!!! the rails will bend!!!
To tell you the truth, I have tried it in my T-62 construction (see: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/171750#1441939) and I ended up with the resin part...
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Friday, June 17, 2011 - 06:35 PM UTC
Well Gergo, if they are the same, you should use the friul tracks on the wheels and trumpeter tracks to depict the extra armour. Unfortunately I don't think there are enough links in friul box to depict both .This could be probably the easiest and the cheapest solution
Ranchhand
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 02:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well Gergo, if they are the same, you should use the friul tracks on the wheels and trumpeter tracks to depict the extra armour. Unfortunately I don't think there are enough links in friul box to depict both .This could be probably the easiest and the cheapest solution

If I was adding extra armor I would go with metal over plastic
;)

There may be enough track to use friul for the additional armor, I just finished both runs and have a good amount left over.
Using the kits plastic links is a good idea though.
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 01:09 PM UTC
Hi guys!

Thanks to worry, but I will do with friul(s) and yes I know that on e box is not enough, that's why I have two
Anyway the wheels are almost ready, and the left hand side cables also. so the new photos are coming soon!

SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 02:08 PM UTC
Hi everybody!

Not much progress, but looks huge, couse more P.E. on it. So I installed to the body the two side's fenders, and also made som progress on the driver's hatch. Next to the driver's hatch Yes I already started the cable work with it. I don't enjoy to do it, but the result always compensate! I know I will have a loads of work with it, and I don't think so that I could be ready for the Euromilitaire in this year, but I realy enjoy this beast. I hope You will fallow me as well after my holliday. Enjoy the photos guys, and don't forget, I'll be back soon!

Thanks to watching!

Ranchhand
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 02:58 PM UTC
Looking good!
Love friuls, one of my favorite parts of armor building
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 06:58 PM UTC
Wow Gergo, that's a really outstanding job in my opinion, I'm waiting for the "paints" now

I'd like to know how did you attach the fenders to the model. They look perfect. Did you use CA or epoxy glue?

Quoted Text

Love friuls, one of my favorite parts of armor building

Yes Aaron, I agreee with you, absolutely...There's nothing like them. That's the reason why they cost quite a fortune. Buying two Friul sets, most likely Gergo spent a lot more than the kit

....however excellent results worth the pain

cheers
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 02:04 AM UTC
Hi guys!

Thanks the nice words. Yes the Friul is not too bad, and yes I like better than any resin track! No worries the price for me for the Friul is a littlebit diferent, than an average buyer, couse i have a very good contact with..... secret Anyway the two box was almost like the kit, but don't forget I have two T-62 an early and a late, couse I use the late hull with early turret! I know if you count with everything is very expensive, but if you look at that I build only 1 model in 1 year, than the price is not too bad isn't it!

I don't use any special thing for glue the fenders only Loctite Super Attack Gel

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 03:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

couse i have a very good contact with..... secret

...Lucky you! The only "contact" that I have is with my empty wallet

Quoted Text

I build only 1 model in 1 year, than the price is not too bad isn't it!

Well...to be honest i'm not a lot faster than you...but when I spend my money i'm toooo fast indeed

anyway, joking aside, thanks a gain for sharing your otstanding build

cheers
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 03:20 AM UTC
Fantastic job Gergo. I'm looking forward to seeing it all painted up. Though I must say, all the brass and scratch looks great without the paint !
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 01:05 PM UTC
Hi everybody!

After a "long" brake, I'm here again. I was on holliday (worst time ever) and came back cople days ago, but didn't have enough time to build my beast. But fortunately, I had two days off on monday and thuesday , so I was modelling again!!!!!
Unfortunately the second day I was looking for more time the smale parts what fallen from my hand or from my tweezer than builded my model but the point is that I fellt again why I love this hobby!
So guys, here is the result of my two days:
My friend told to me that maybe I should fix it the texture of the turret. I said I don't want couse is everithing ready on it (almost) but you know guys how is working if somebody say something, and you start to thinking, and thinking....and the end.... of course you destroy everything and start again. Yep I did it as well. I wtched a loads of photos from the turret and i realised that he had right, so I did it. It looks like that:

I remaked the cancas of the gun as well. Not ready yet, I mean it's not 100% but better than the original plastic one!

In live it's better, the photo doesn't give back 100% the reality!
I also started to do the infra light (I think that's the infra light for the gun, but that is just a tips) I didn't finish yet, the cables are missing!

So the point is, a loads of things are missing and it will be a hundread of hours to finish it, but hey guys, not this is the point of it?!

Come back soon with more details!

jointhepit
Visit this Community
Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 3,829 posts
Armorama: 881 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 01:35 PM UTC
I guess Gergo, if you keep making those nice follow up pictures, you can keep tweaking the beast as long as you want to.

greetz
Mano_BR
Visit this Community
Brazil
KitMaker: 132 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 01:37 PM UTC
Gergo,

I saw a fantastic job here ... congratulations.

Sérgio
Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 08:47 PM UTC
Well done Gergo, really well done

Maybe you've done an "overkilled" job with your turret because it has already been stunning in my opinion but anyway, that's impressive

I'm waiting for the paints!
shopkin4
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,135 posts
Armorama: 1,030 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 01:38 PM UTC
This is amazing, I don't know how I missed this. With all that brass make sure you do a great job with the priming when it comes go painting.
SzGergo
Visit this Community
Heves, Hungary
Posted: Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 11:38 AM UTC
Thanks guys the nice words, I realy appreciate it!!! I'm still working on the turret, not too much left so hold on I'll be back soon with the result!