_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
DML M4A1 DV
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 09:03 PM UTC
Great looking shermie! I like the camo scheme and you've done a great job. I agree with the loose tracks, Shermans had live tracks with no sag. Right now it looks more like tracks on a wreck... I wouldn't add any chips however, it's something that was rarely if ever seen on US tanks as the OD paint was baked on.

Cheers!
Stefan
stevieneon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 144 posts
Armorama: 143 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 09:48 PM UTC
Loose tracks but apart from that - LOVE IT!!!!! I think the things that hold the idlers on are upside down - Dragons fault with the instructions. i've spotted it a few times in their instructions. All the Shermans I've seen have the bolts st the bottom? But for an armour newbie, it looks incredible. Stevie.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 10:51 PM UTC
Hi Joel. You´ve done a top job on this Sherman. I love the sand/olive drab camo ... looks great. Id agree with others ... some restrained chipping and weathering would look the part. I also why I hate single length tracks. Even when they fit, they float from the idler and drive wheel. I had the same issue on my Tarawa Sherman.
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 01:58 AM UTC
Hi Joel,

I like the way it turned out. Apart from having to much slack in the tracks, your build looks fantastic. Keep up the good work!
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 08:55 AM UTC
Thanks guys for all the input.

As far as the tracks go, the sag was the result of gluing down the tracks to the return rollers. Since the tracks are 1 piece vinyl, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to take a few links out of them, and there isn't any adjustment like I've seen on the Dragon Panzer IV series. I guess the answer would to have shortened the tracks before I glued them to the rollers and wheels.

For a 1st effort, I've learned a lot, especially from the feedback I've gotten here.

Will add a final coat of Testors Dullcoat.
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 12:58 PM UTC
Joel,

Scroll down a bit in the link and you can see how Tony, (Pvtmutt) shortened the DS tracks on his M7 build.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/153572&ord=&page=37
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2011 - 01:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Joel,

Scroll down a bit in the link and you can see how Tony, (Pvtmutt) shortened the DS tracks on his M7 build.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/153572&ord=&page=37

John, Thanks for the heads up. Doesn't look too difficult at all. I'm assuming that he used CCA glue to glue the links back together again.
 _GOTOTOP