Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
New 1/35 Modern Weapons....Live Resin
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 01:33 PM UTC
That's awesome, Paul! It really showcases all the modern US figures available on market today AND shows that there is a demand for them. Nice paint job on the camouflage.

Could you give us a run-down of the figures you have in the photo and which ones you recommend as "must buys?" Thanks!
colourmaster2010
Visit this Community
Netherlands
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 52 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 01:50 PM UTC
Later I'll show some other pictures (bigger sized) of an us ranger team and a m1117 with crew
aristeidis
Visit this Community
Attica, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 621 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 09:06 PM UTC
Paul many congratulations for your beautiful painting of multicam!!! I can recognise some HOBBYFAN figures but what about the others? Are they scratchbuilds or conversions made by you? Especially the three figures around the k-9 dog (one holding the dog, next to him one standing in aiming position and the third, without a helmet, pointing something with his hand) and the guy in the center, standing and holding his gun down!
henkp
Visit this Community
Overijssel, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,080 posts
Armorama: 1,064 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 09:13 PM UTC
he paul nice job (mooi werk) what colour did you use
gr.henk
Live-Resin
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 808 posts
Armorama: 796 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 10:00 PM UTC
Good work Paul! We wait to see more
colourmaster2010
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 10:03 PM UTC
Thanks for your positive reactions.
The most figures are Hobby Fan, these are according to me the best sculped figures and in combination with Live Resin it looks great.
The others are Verlinden conversions also with Live Resin products.
I'm looking forward to paint the new Live Resin figures.

Probably these figures are great to give it a nice paintjob.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 11:30 PM UTC
Paul- that is some truly awesome figure work. What paints did you use for the ACU? I'm certainly looking forward to seeing what you do with the Live Resin figs!
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 - 11:51 PM UTC
I'd be very interested in seeing the following in 1:24 or 1:25

F88SA2
Mag58
12.7mm M242 HB QCB
Australian Armoured Vehicle Crew's (ASLAV, M113AS4 & M1A1 etc).

I have a number of projects on the go in these scales and am in need of some weapons & vehicle crews for them.
colourmaster2010
Visit this Community
Netherlands
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 12:30 AM UTC
see some other pictures (us rangers in multi cam) bigger size,
click my photos
Increment
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 125 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 07:26 AM UTC
Yaroslav,

May I suggest that for your next figures, that the arms are fitted by a simple 'ball & socket' type joint. This would allow a lot of flexibility with regard to poses. I am in the process of assembling you two figures entering a building, mainly the arms are just repositioned a little, and I will try and make their load-out varied to make them look different.

Cheers Chris.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 12:35 PM UTC
Very nice job, Chris!
Live-Resin
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 11:38 PM UTC
Its good idea Chris, I will consider it in future
Ryan, I dont know about 24 scale now, need to see market
Karl187
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 02:23 AM UTC
Chris- that is a great looking scene you are working on. When I got the figs myself I thought they could be well suited to a door breaching scene like that. Best of luck with it- what camo are you going for by the way?
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 04:38 AM UTC
I should probably check this thread more often. I had not because I've already seen the products earlier last year at Colpar's and they were quite nice. At any rate, the above stack looks pretty good. For my use I'd have to have regular ACH's.
One point though, since I teach this: For an exterior breach, the number two man has positive control of the number one man, ie, is holding him by the body armor or collar. Since the one man has his eyes locked on the door and is all amped up with the Cokes and Mountain Dews strapped to his vehicle, he generally has to be held back until the distraction device (if any) has gone off. That's the one thing I'd change on this set.
Well, actually, if there were more figures there are a few things I'd change regarding their positions.
Increment
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 07:56 AM UTC
Thanks Trisaw & Yaroslav.

Karl, I plan on doing them Multicam, a while back I got some decals made up by a company called Park Decals in England. I copied the pattern and colour matched the scheme from my Crye Combat Pants & Shirt. Not too far off the mark. If you fancy a try, drop me a PM and I’ll fire you a bit down.

Robert, thanks for the comments, yea face shields would be to restrictive for room clearance in the real world, but this is for a 'what-if' diorama with an armed Buffalo, so the face shields fit the bill on this occassion. (here is the Buffalo)

This is just the first run with the figures, and I will order some more for a bigger team, so your comments are most welcome. Please advise what else and where they should be? (here is a picture of the front elevation.

It is certainly an idea for one of the team to lobbing in a distraction device (Yaroslav, how about some 1/32 Nico 9 Bangs?). Where would he be positioned?, would he be on the other side of the door.

Thanks,

Chris,
Trisaw
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 08:25 AM UTC
Looking good so far, Chris! Nice styrene work.

As Paul has shown, there are many modern US figures out there also: BLAST, HobbyFan, Verlinden, CMK, DToys, MIG, etc.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 10:02 AM UTC
I just noticed that's a metal door. Here's what I'd do: (in fact am doing but with different figures)

You need a fourth figure bending over placing a water impulse charge to the center of the door. It hangs on the strap made from hundred mile an hour tape from the end of a stick leaned against the door. Your one man is locked down onto the door, insuring his muzzle isn't flagging your breacher. Two man is covering long, three man (actually would have been fourth in the stack approaching) is pulling rear security. Breacher has detonator with him. Shock tube or wires can be uncoiled
out of his pocket leading to the charge. With a larger force, the rest are around the corner, where those four will be until the breaching charge goes off.
Increment
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 10:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I just noticed that's a metal door. Here's what I'd do: (in fact am doing but with different figures)

You need a fourth figure bending over placing a water impulse charge to the center of the door. It hangs on the strap made from hundred mile an hour tape from the end of a stick leaned against the door. Your one man is locked down onto the door, insuring his muzzle isn't flagging your breacher. Two man is covering long, three man (actually would have been fourth in the stack approaching) is pulling rear security. Breacher has detonator with him. Shock tube or wires can be uncoiled
out of his pocket leading to the charge. With a larger force, the rest are around the corner, where those four will be until the breaching charge goes off.

Cheers Robert, that is 1st class. I'll maybe do a quick sketc and fire it over to you to see if its right. dont want to hijack Yaroslav thread.

Thanks again. Chris
rwaldram
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 13 posts
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 - 07:19 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Its good idea Chris, I will consider it in future
Ryan, I dont know about 24 scale now, need to see market

Surely the market would be about the same as the larger scale stuff you're already doing... If you have a look at Kit Form Services at http://kitformservices.com/ (well known for their 1:24 scale truck stuff) you'll note that they're doing a lot of UK Military stuff now in 1:24 (including some figures)
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 665 posts
Armorama: 652 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 11:59 AM UTC
Chris, make sure your team is stacked back closer to the wall and not so far out in a 'Fatal funnel' when that door is cracked. If there is a bad guy in that corner (where the door cracker is looking straight into now..hope that makes sense) he can get shots off down the line of the stacked team before entry is made. (You may have just had them set up for the quick photo for Yaroslav....so sorry if jumped in too quick).
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 12:04 PM UTC
Hi Yaroslav, when can we expect the Ops Core Helmets/ uncovered ACH/ MICH Helmets as my SF/ SEAL figures are on hold for their release..? Thanks mate.
Live-Resin
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 04:34 AM UTC
Ryan, I try 24 scale with German WWII weapos and after will solve about modern sets.
Jason, SOF helmets be available after first Live Resin SOF figures be released
RECON22
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 10:50 PM UTC
Yaroslav, thank you for the quick reply....looking forward to the SOF stuff. Cheers, Jason.
1967er
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 - 12:18 AM UTC
Hi Jaroslav,

great news to hear about you are thinking about 1:24 stuff.
There's only German WW2 Weapons from Preiser and some figures from Knight Models. And since end of 2012 some stuff from Darkworldcreations.
I would love to have some variety in 1:24 - as you have the 1:35 scale CAD data, the upscaling to 1:24 / 1:25 should be no problem

I have just build your 40mm grenade launcher which was flawless - great job of yours on this weapon.

Cheers
Thomas
Live-Resin
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 - 02:54 AM UTC
Thanks! It be first probe. If I will have good sales, I will continue with 24 scale to other periods