_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Pascal's M-ATV (Panda 1/35)
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 03:51 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Thank you for posting these pics.

Could you possibly comment a little about how the kit goes together? Is the fit of the parts good? Are the instructions clear enough? Are the PE parts easy to work with and shape? I notice in the first pic that you used plastic rod in the suspension.. are the kit parts bad in that area?

Thanks again
Hisham

The Panda Model kit is the worth kit I have built since many years.
The notice is unclear and have many many errors.
No painting and decal plans
No parst fit correctly, all the reservation holes are to small.
This kit was in the 70's up to date but not today.

Othervise the PE is intersting and details like the chassis are well reproduced.

For motivated modeller only !!!

Having just started this kit I see exactly what you mean. I am even more impressed with your end result now. I shall attempt to persevere....
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 04:22 AM UTC
Hey, Sean.. if this is anything like their Cougar, which I started on a couple of months ago, then you have my sympathies But if you manage to have enough patience, you will end up with a good looking kit.

Hisham
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 08:30 AM UTC
I know I am coming late to the party on this topic . . .

Questions:

Does anyone have more information on the M-ATV driveline? On the Panda offering some driveshafts are presence while others are missing. Example: The engine/transmission on the model is in no way connected to the transfer case. The 1/16th scale version of this kit is constructed in exactly the same way???

Also; why has Panda included rear steering gearboxes on this model when the rear suspension is fixed and does not steer.

I picked up this model last weekend at a hobby show for a very good price. Having now started construction I understand why it was on sale.
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 - 06:09 PM UTC
I feel your pain. It's a beast of a kit to try to assemble. Been working on mine off and on for about a year now. Nothing fits and lots of cleanup. Good luck.
 _GOTOTOP