Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
APC / AFV Campaign
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 953 posts
Armorama: 705 posts
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 - 11:13 AM UTC
Like your subject Huypham...I'll follow this....
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Monday, June 04, 2012 - 12:21 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So Phil, it's gonna be a BMP Party for you, this Campaign ?

John mate it just might be all depends in what mood i'm in

Phill
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 03:49 AM UTC
THIS JUST IN:

I have finally found my project for this build.

I like it because of the 6 wheel configuration.

Most have 8 or like the V-100 and the M1117, 4.

Details at 11.00

~ Jeff
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hey Jeff, I like it!!! How old is that kit? Or new, depending how you like to look at it.

OH BOY! I cant wait till 11:00!

Gary
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:04 AM UTC
Hey Gary!

I really don't know it's age but I'm sure it's kind of older.

UP DATE!!!

Now for the 11:00 news:

Here are the sprue shots:

http://www.model-making.eu/products/VAB-6X6-Transport-de-troupes.html

And here is the PE available for it:

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=20388

The kit has no figures at all, and only one decal for vehicle marking(s).

Tires are black vinyl (yuck) and on that note I will have to replace them for sure.

Sorry ... but it's 11 o'clock somewhere. Isn't it?

~ Jeff
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 06:32 AM UTC
Hey Jeff,

You going with the PE too? It look like it will make a nice model. I looked at the sprues on the link. Is there gonna be alot of flash cleanup? Vinyl Tires! you mean you dont like vinyl? Im guess im like you in the sence i like the 6 wheel look to it and the camo.

Gary
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 07:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Jeff,

You going with the PE too? It look like it will make a nice model. I looked at the sprues on the link. Is there gonna be alot of flash cleanup? Vinyl Tires! you mean you dont like vinyl? Im guess im like you in the sence i like the 6 wheel look to it and the camo.

Gary

If I can get the PE for a good price?!!!

As far as all those other Q's, I'll know more when I get the kit and open it up. I'm just superstitious on the funny rubber and would rather have a quality resin tire with it having the weighted look, whether others agree with me or not.

There were plenty of other APC's to choose from, but I liked the 6 wheel look. Now, to go with my 4 wheeled M1117 all I need now is an 8 wheeler & the MAZ/KZKT537L then I'm all set as far as wheeled vehicles are concerned.

Maybe a Stryker or a BTR-80?

~ Jeff
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 07:21 AM UTC
Hey jeff, good choice for your build. Good luck with the kit though, I've built one when they first came out. Not bad, but details are a bit on the heavy side. If you get a chance or feel like dumping more money into the kit, blast makes some great updates for the kit.

http://www.phpshopxml.com/blamod.shop/CID/497f3238337f4fbb30cc9a0a3d99ae38/function/itemSearchResultPageDisplay/shopSearchType/familySubFamilyCode/shopSearchData/CONVUP%7CBLC

Chris
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 09:23 AM UTC
Yeah, I'll just wait and see. The wheels/tires are the most important right now AND, I didn't see any for the 6x6, just the 4x4.

~ Jeff
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 09:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yeah, I'll just wait and see. The wheels/tires are the most important right now AND, I didn't see any for the 6x6, just the 4x4.

~ Jeff

Umm Why not just buy two sets ?? they cheap as hell ,,look excellent and both the 4x4 and the 6x6 use the same tires and hubs

Phill
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 03:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

~ Jeff

Umm Why not just buy two sets ?? they cheap as hell ,,look excellent and both the 4x4 and the 6x6 use the same tires and hubs

Phill

Oh, I don't know.

Maybe because I am a cheap, cheesy bastard. Actually I haven't got that far on price ... heck I don't even have the kit, yet.

~ Jeff
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 09:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

~ Jeff

Phill

Oh, I don't know.

Maybe because I am a cheap, cheesy bastard. Actually I haven't got that far on price ... heck I don't even have the kit, yet.

~ Jeff

:D

Well get the kit ya cheap bastard and the wheels and get rockin buddy .. i've always wanted the 6x6 VAB but never seen it here ,,would be very cool to see you build it in here mate

Phill
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Friday, June 08, 2012 - 10:56 PM UTC
Thinking about pouring my own. Matter of fact, I think I will. I'm getting a little tired shopping and it's time I stepped up and made my own parts.

Of course, they would only be copies at first but in time I think I can make the changes and modifications needed. Might even open the door for a side business opportunity in the duplication of much needed items in 1/16th ... my true love in building.

I won't need them 'till after August ... might even keep me off here!

Naaaah.

~ Jeff
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 09:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thinking about pouring my own. Matter of fact, I think I will. I'm getting a little tired shopping and it's time I stepped up and made my own parts.

Of course, they would only be copies at first but in time I think I can make the changes and modifications needed. Might even open the door for a side business opportunity in the duplication of much needed items in 1/16th ... my true love in building.

I won't need them 'till after August ... might even keep me off here!

Naaaah.

~ Jeff

Oh i have wanted to build my own bits and the way its looking i will be ..and they wheels too ok they wheels for a 1/25th scale airport fire truck which is being converted to 1/35th but the chassis remains 1/25th ..ie big freakin truck but four of the wheels are stuffed ,been compressed to long and the tires wont reform to shape so will have to make 8 new ones ,,in a way i'm looking forward to trying this out
Oh if you do this as a side line dude you could have a customer pretty fast

Phill
SHAKY962
Visit this Community
Buenos Aires, Argentina
KitMaker: 765 posts
Armorama: 438 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2012 - 06:02 PM UTC
Hi
I`m in with Trumpeter 1/72 Bradley and DML 1/72 AA7V
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2012 - 05:25 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Jeff, I like it!!! How old is that kit? Or new, depending how you like to look at it.

Gary

Just received my kit today, man is it packed with parts too! No date visible but it does make a vehicle from 2000 so it's at least that old. My decals got a little squashed so I may be on the hunt for some new ones. We'll see.

I may give the vinyl tires a whirl since they only sell the resin units in a set of 4 and I may be investing in a set of decals too.

This will be a fun one for sure!

~ Jeff
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 12:54 AM UTC
Can you post some pics of the sprues & decals Jeff ?
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 03:13 AM UTC
Hey Jeff S.,

Now that you have your eyes on it first hand, what is your impression of the kit? Yikes, Vinyl!

Gary
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 03:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Can you post some pics of the sprues & decals Jeff ?

All I have to offer is this for right now.

http://www.model-making.eu/products/VAB-6X6-Transport-de-troupes.html

Quoted Text

Hey Jeff S.,

Now that you have your eyes on it first hand, what is your impression of the kit? Yikes, Vinyl!

Gary

I've had Heller kits before, looks the same to me. Heavy injector pin marks where it attached to the sprue, but little or no flashing at all. It has a clear sprue of parts, again nicely done I just will have to spend some time cleaning up where it's attached.

Tires look good! No flash to sand off and molded pretty nice. It's about as much as I can see with it still in the bag. It's molded in the tan color like Tamiya did/does all their German vehicles. That will save me from painting the inside of the doors for I intend to keep it about the same color, just with the wide green stripes.

~ Jeff

BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 04:13 AM UTC
Thanks for the responce Jeff. It looks to be about 30 to 35 bucks. Good bang for the buck in your opinion? And can i get it cheaper somewhere? Considering putting on the wish list. Mine is a short list and only kits that i can realisticly afford go on it. Thanks Jeff.

Gary
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 04:23 AM UTC
Yep, that's about right on the price. I pretty much get everything from eBay ... too competitive and you get OOP kits too.

I don't foresee any pitfalls with the kit so it should be fun! At least for a six-wheeler.

~ Jeff
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 02:13 PM UTC
Jeff what are the painting options, olive drab , 2 tone camo, UN markings ?
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 03:52 PM UTC
Hey John, sorry I missed this question.

I'm afraid all that is given is that of the one on the box ... and the markings too. They are of the Stabilization Force (SFOR) Maroc, Bosnie Herzegovine of Sept. 2000. Vehicle number 802127.

BUT, I was watching Black Hawk Down last night and I swear the APC's used in the film were these. At least they only had 6 tires/wheels. Then I went on a tear looking up vehicles used in the film and or the real event.

Nothing.

Not too much by using Google so I need to look elsewhere.

I did forget to save some pics that I ran across to my modeling files and I think I did see a 4X4 in UN colors, but no 6X6. I want a definitive proof on a paint scheme before I go and do it. But, all is not lost. I peeled the protective sheet away from the decal and the fold or crease did not affect any on the transfer sheet. So, I lucked out my man.

I think I will be buying 2 sets of tires/wheels anyway.

Sound good Phill? I know it does for me because I hate vinyl tires! You can't paint 'em just like the old Tamiya tracks. Well, you can but not as successfully as I need them to turn out!

Thanks gawd this ZVEDA M3 (with canvas top) I scored off eBay has styrene tires/wheels!
Just cement them together and fill to add weight!

~ Jeff
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2012 - 07:29 PM UTC
Jeff buddy it sounds very good and since it sounds good i have something for you and everyone else to look at ..as i read you want a VAB in UN markings well check this out bud and just keep scrolling down the list ..think you will like what you see ... its near the bottom of the page ..
http://armyrecognition.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=627&sid=c50dd7b4e422d6824a7219c249af67cc

Phill
Petro
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 984 posts
Armorama: 846 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 12:16 PM UTC
OK, finally adding my project picture.