Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
World of Tanks campaign
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 08:33 AM UTC
Did you choose that particular screenshot just because you nailed a Super Pershing?

Anyways.. MY Super Pershing is getting her camo airbrushed on, but it's a pain in the arse given the amount of masking I have to do.

ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 472 posts
Armorama: 453 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 01:47 PM UTC
lol. Though I've got to say I don't like coming across a Super Pershing, that's for sure.

How you liking that Super Pershing kit? I've seen it in store, and I always pick it up and look at it for awhile but haven't bought one yet. Would be nice to get some more US armor in my collection.

Small progress! Picked up a ET model PE Basic set for the Tamiya JSU-152. Decided if I'm doing it, gonna do it real nice.
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Thursday, May 30, 2013 - 03:19 AM UTC
I like the kit. It was daunting at first, with all the parts and details, but everything worked out in the end. Some sanding and putty required to make it as close to the WoT-model as possible, but nothing big. The suspension is a bit tricky, though.

This is my fifth model and my previous experience has been limited to old Tamiya, Academy and Italeri kits. Compared to these, the HobbyBoss Super Pershing kit is pretty damn good.
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 09:13 AM UTC

The base color and camo is done!!

Next up is touching up where the masking missed a corner or two, and I can finally start on getting the tracks painted and fitted. A tricky suspension has made this a bit difficult, but I'm sure it'll work out
scribbles101
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 02, 2013 - 11:23 PM UTC
all builds are looking really great so far, im getting closer to starting on the vorne but there is still the not so small matter of a half painted jagdtiger taking up all the room on the board at the moment. oh well,

the camo on your super pershing is looking great vegard, i dont know what it is about those things but they always find me when im on low hp and they almost always blow me up in one shot. tis the curse of the super pershing
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 09:11 AM UTC
New update coming through!

First up is the dry fitting of the major parts, minus the tracks:

The image is a bit too yellow because I messed up the white balance when editing it. The proper green is more like the image I posted on top of this page. The rubber on the return rollers are not painted on at the moment, but working on it.

EDIT: I just noticed that the above photo is horribly out of focus. Sorry about that.

Next up is the tracks, which have been one helluva fiddle. They are Friuls and after some testing I chose 83 links on each side. Unfortunately, they require gluing 1 itty-bitty nut on each link to prevent the pin from falling out. Took me 4 hours to glue all 166 nuts. They better stay glued on.

Primered the tracks in Vallejo Schwartzgrau which I believe is the base color that is closest to the in-game model and work on the weathering from there on.
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 09:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

all builds are looking really great so far, im getting closer to starting on the vorne but there is still the not so small matter of a half painted jagdtiger taking up all the room on the board at the moment. oh well,

the camo on your super pershing is looking great vegard, i dont know what it is about those things but they always find me when im on low hp and they almost always blow me up in one shot. tis the curse of the super pershing

Hurry up with the JT. I would love to see the Vorne being built for this campaign.

Looks like the Super Pershing is getting hit with the nerfbat in the next patch. Apparently, they've modeled the front armor plates in the wrong angle and thus made them too effective in-game.
ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 12:22 PM UTC
Well I set out to buy my ISU and my LHS didn't have it. Ordered one and it got to me in a few days. I've already started on the lower hull. Road wheels/suspension and return rollers in place.

Seeing has how my PE update set isn't in yet. I haven't done to much. Decided to work on the gun a little bit. After some further research, I've noticed that the mantlet on the ISU-152-2(ISU/BL-10) is smaller than I expected. So I don't know if I just continue on as a ISU-152-1(same ISU manlet with BL-8) or try and scratch the mantlet.

ISU (152 & 152-1)

ISU 152-2
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Friday, June 14, 2013 - 10:16 AM UTC
@ComradeMP: Do the BL-10 since I hate meeting those in my Super Pershing

I've made some good progress on my build, where I've drybrushed and varnished the tracks, suspension and wheels. Also tried dry transfers instead of decals for the first time and it turned out pretty good. Looks way better than decals with their background film. Varnished the rest of the tank and added some filter and washes to the main hull:

Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 07:25 AM UTC
And after 3 months and 1 week I consider it done!

Things went quick when it came to adding the tracks and final details. The metal tracks are quite heavy and I had to glue the road wheels in place to the make the suspension stable. The whole build weighs 280 grams, which is almost three times the weight of my 1:35 Academy Wirbelwind.

I'm quite pleased with the result and very happy that I'm done with this particular build.
Steel_Spektor
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 74 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 05:23 PM UTC
Your SP really looks the part mate, well done. This is where I am up to at the moment. I will start on the gun soon and then onto the tracks.

Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 - 02:40 AM UTC
Thanks Luke.

Your StuG is looking good. I really like the looks of the Pz III and IV-platforms and I've been wanting to build a StuG III for a while.
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 481 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 06:45 AM UTC
The builds are looking great, I am wating for my M4A1 Sherman to get here. and then I can contribute. Or if they made a Jagdtiger 88
Steel_Spektor
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, July 08, 2013 - 04:41 PM UTC
Construction is pretty much finished. Waiting for the circle template to arrive then on to the road wheels. This is the first time using Magic Tracks, any tips on how to put these together and what glue to use?

scribbles101
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 - 03:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hurry up with the JT. I would love to see the Vorne being built for this campaign.

GOOD NEWS!
the jagdtiger is done and I can start on the vorne soon, may take some time as I need to finish some coursework off and some of the paint is in the mail, but other than that the board is now clear for the vorne!
I will model the beast with the L/71 88mm gun because I had most success with that gun on my vorne in game
also I got a TOG 2 recently in the game, if you havn't got one already then do yourself a favour and get one now!!! The most fun tank in the game bar NONE! love it!
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 12:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

also I got a TOG 2 recently in the game, if you havn't got one already then do yourself a favour and get one now!!! The most fun tank in the game bar NONE! love it!

The TOG is a beast; especially in platoons.

Too bad there's no model available. (By the way, does anyone know of BT-SV models?)
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Construction is pretty much finished. Waiting for the circle template to arrive then on to the road wheels. This is the first time using Magic Tracks, any tips on how to put these together and what glue to use?

I gave Magic Tracks a go, but gave up and bought a set of metal tracks for my current Panther-build. Getting Magic Tracks right is a challenge in patience and luck I guess. Most guides on those tracks I've come across use a system of building a track run in two or three large pieces.

The tracks are dry-fitted on to the suspension and then glued together in whatever track length is suitable for that particular kit. The tracks are then taken off and painted/weathered before the last assembly and glued permanently in place.
Steel_Spektor
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Monday, July 22, 2013 - 04:29 PM UTC
Wheels are painted. On to the tracks next. Haven't had much time recently so progress is slow. I plan to give the tank 2 coats of light grey, decals and then Tamiya X-35 semi gloss. Anyone used X-35 before?

SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 03:16 AM UTC
Well I think I'm finally gonna get a start on my T29E3 and T30 in 1/72...I wrapped up my evening classes I've been taking since last September, so I have my Monday and Wednesday evenings free again...
Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
Posted: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 - 09:27 AM UTC
@Luke: sorry, no, but your build is looking good! Hoping to start on a StuG III build soon as well.

@Scott: Are there any T29 or T30 in 1:35 scale? I might be interested if there are.

spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 07:13 AM UTC

The first one is done... Luchs. (Somehow the photo makes it look worse than what it is.)

I found most of my favorite tanks in 1/72 resin form, so I'm planning a tetrarch and a pnzIC as well.
scribbles101
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 04:59 AM UTC
ok well it has been a long time coming but the vorne is finally making progress!! got the sprues primed today because strangely for great britain we have some really good weather at the moment!!! here are the pics.........
oh yeah im sorry but most of them are sideways.....oops

the box

start date+time

the sprues

that mess of stuff in the box is all the track sprues. there are 60 of those in total all with 4 seperate track links...thats a lot of track links

anyway thought i would let you know that ZE GERMANS ARE COMING!!!! (finally)
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 06:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@Scott: Are there any T29 or T30 in 1:35 scale? I might be interested if there are.

No they are Cromwell 1/72 kits...as for 1/35 varients...well given that we've seen an Object 279 and other weird paper panzers come out over the past year or two, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a 1/35 T29E3 in the next couple years

ComradeMP
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, July 25, 2013 - 05:17 PM UTC
While I deal with the ISU, let's give something easier ago, how about this?

My beloved Ferdinand, second only to my ISU.

Dragon Ferdinand, CMK resin JagdTiger mantlet and 128mm Pak 44 L/55 barrel.

Only thing I'm not sure of is if I can pull off the camo the way I want it to.

Those sweet moments when you find yourself engaging 6 enemy tanks all at once and you still come out on top
Thundergrunt
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 481 posts
Posted: Friday, July 26, 2013 - 03:03 AM UTC
Hey Comrade nice Ferdi Mine is exactly same except my crew is double skilled already. but on the way to JT, I just the ISU but couldnt get it I was was better in Fedri and JT 88, I think I am going to but the Black Prince,Comet or T29 not sure though as I play TD's. but for here I will build a PZ IV or M4A1. Cant wait to see that ferdi.