Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
Dragon 1/35 Pz.Kpfw. L/70 (A) "Duel"
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 2,159 posts
Armorama: 707 posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 05:18 AM UTC
LOL...figured you migth add some of your flair in there!! All good, gonna look saaaaahhhweeeet!!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

LOL...you should give it a shot!! The first cut is the hardest!!

As for the AMPS Atlanta....Not to sure at the moment from my side of the ledger...height of the beginning softball season and I coach. Not sure if Rob was planning either....LOL...need to get through the holiday first

Oh, I've tried crossing that bridge a few times and have gotten real good at treading water, if you get my drift! I am still trying though.

I saw that Rob isn't planning for Atlanta either. As much as I'd like to see and discuss both of your works in person, I totally understand. It's a trek for me to get there, and you guys are 3 times as far.
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 11:02 AM UTC
Just bustin ya Rob, I'm pretty lax on my staying in touch

Todd, I was talking about that panzer in a tree, extraordinary work. I'd like to see more of that one
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, December 10, 2012 - 10:45 PM UTC
Bob - Definately a tough ride, no doubt about that! LOL...I feel like I am treading water too sometimes!! The less thinking I do when building, the better off I am sometimes!!

Thank you James! One of my favorite this year...for me at least! I will see what I can dig up for build pics and see if I can find a good place to put it
scratchmod
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 796 posts
Armorama: 763 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 03:31 AM UTC
James, I know bro. We're both pretty busy at times.

Bob after the long A-drive to Auburn this year, I'm sitting Atlanta out. 2014 is in Va. again from what I have heard. That's half the drive so I'll make that one.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 05:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

James, I know bro. We're both pretty busy at times.

Bob after the long A-drive to Auburn this year, I'm sitting Atlanta out. 2014 is in Va. again from what I have heard. That's half the drive so I'll make that one.

Hey Rob, like I said to Todd, I don't blame you guys. That's got to be about a 14 hr drive from where you're at. I'll look forward to Va..

On a side note, I may be the newest member of your forum over at MSC. I just signed on yesterday.
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 05:33 AM UTC
Yep, saw you joined up Bob, very cool my friend. Lots of friendly guys and gals there.
T and I will be in Chicopee this coming March and then at AMPS East in Sept. We'll have a forum table and doing some demo type stuff. Basically hanging out and talking plastic with fellow model junkies.
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 03:24 PM UTC
Well I have done all I wanted to with this one. I do look forward to getting the newer kit that T has.

AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 05:33 PM UTC
Looks good so far Rob. I like the additions you did to the kit. Are the tiedowns just bent wire or PE?
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 03:30 AM UTC
Bob it's fine copper wire.

OK got some paint on. I will be doing a slide shw of the painting and posting this on my new website.

TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 11:29 PM UTC
The camo looks fantastic Rob!!! I am thinking you have another update on this one to no? GOing to look sweet under some weathering!!!
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hey T. She's moving along now. Just got the base DG III chipping done. Time for filters and pin washes.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 02:56 AM UTC
I really better step things up as I really want to paint mine...like NOW!!! LOL!!!Probably better to assemble it 1st!!
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 02:45 AM UTC
T
I am having a blast with the painting bro, and I know you will too when you get there.

TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 02:50 AM UTC
Some stellar work there Rob!!! Keep it coming...fun watching you wreck stuff!!
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 03:30 PM UTC
Thanks for sharing your awesome Panzer IV photos, Todd. The lone turret makes me want to try one for a weekend--I can see how missing parts are actually 'contributive' when it comes to derelicts.

Bob: What would you possibly mean by this: "(wistfully thinking to myself) One day...some day... nawww, who am I kidding!"...one day, what???

Rob: Is AMPS East in Aberdeen? I managed to make it there in 1997...met Tom Jentz, who advised on the distinctions between a Panther D and an early Panther A.
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 03:42 PM UTC
Your welcome Rick and thank you for stopping by!! The turret was big fun!! I have a couple more just hanging around! Quick and easy, can be made from any old junk hanging around and they make awesome test frames for painting, rusting and weathering.

As doe Bob's quote, I think he was referring to diving into a full blown wreck at some point!!
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 - 11:43 PM UTC
"Bob: What would you possibly mean by this: "(wistfully thinking to myself) One day...some day... nawww, who am I kidding!"...one day, what???"

"As doe Bob's quote, I think he was referring to diving into a full blown wreck at some point!!"

It's not so much "diving in" (I can do that easily enough) but rather to be able to pull one off as well as these guys do. It's the difference between a painter and a true artist.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 01:57 AM UTC
Looking good Rob. I like the faded camo.
HEINE-07
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 05:32 AM UTC
Bob, I thought you might have been talking about a duel, something like a blown out turret, for practice and experimentation...
scratchmod
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 07:43 AM UTC
LOLOL Rick there semms to be a lot of that turret stuff going on at the MSC Forum. T is a bad influence you know.

Hey Frank, long time no hear. thanks for the words.

Quick update, then bach to the bench.

http://modelerssocialclub.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=armor&action=display&thread=2741

AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Bob, I thought you might have been talking about a duel, something like a blown out turret, for practice and experimentation...

Oh no....not me!! When it comes to this type of stuff, I couldn't duel my way out of a paper bag!!
I did buy the Life Color Rust set and have learned quite a bit using that. Some day I'll actually have the time to seriously look into doing a whole vehicle, but the six I have on the bench right now are doing a pretty good job of holding my attention.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:22 PM UTC
Rob - what can I say? It just keeps looking better and better. And to think, you did that whole thing in the same time it took me to bend 3 tool clamps for my VK4501!
TRM5150
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:36 PM UTC
Time to get back into this. Rob has had a chance in this duel to fire off his rounds and while he reloads for the counter, I will pop my head up and take some cheap shots here....

Since I cracked open the box and slapped some things around I was on the fence as what to do...nothing new there, as I rarely know what will be build until I start. So, this morning I was thinking that I would make a move on my take of on of the surveying member of the L/70 family...the Saumur L/70.

Knocked out this beast was brought back to life by her assailants and driven back as a prize. She sits in a museum in Saumur, France. This is a great thing that she is still around for reference purposes, even though many things have been changed for viewing purposes...but the bulk of the hulk is still in tact!!

So, after all the Blah Blah, he is where I stand after muddling around off and on today!

I am still putting the gun together and jumping around to different sections slowly getting this mess underway.

Like I have said before, the hardest part in destroying something like this nice kit is the first cut. You can see the tanks front right fender is peeled back beyond the hinges. Just to the right, in the picture, you can see the gaping hole in the cover plate as in the real deal.

She looks like she was hit with at least three rounds. You can see the two impacts in the frontal plate. The hole in the cover plate below looks to be as a result of a ricochet. The museum piece has a round in one of the hole. I thought this was placed there for viewing purposes until I came across a couple of pictures of the girls being brought back....not to clear, but there appeared to be a round actually stuck in there!!

Circled in yellow....looks like one to me anyway!! To the left of this in the picture is shot #2, full penetration. Shot #3 would be above to the left of the explosion relief port (?). It looks like it cleanly knocked out the interior plate then knocking out a chunk out of the side plate and cracking this all the way to the side base and most of the way to the rear.

For discussion purposes only

So the major cutting is done for the moment. There is still plenty of damage to work on.

The rear end....

A little damage to the left exhaust and of course the bottom starter plate was missing at the time they drove this back...minor scratch stuff there. I will continue with the bulk of construction, mostly to the rear deck and then the schützen and I can move forward making the tracks. I almost wish I was doing a full blown wreck as I could dispense with the completion if them but it needs to be done!

With that, Thanks for stopping by!!
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 15, 2012 - 12:45 PM UTC
Nice re-creation Todd, great seeing these photos come to life.