Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Unfinished Business
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 1,026 posts
Armorama: 654 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 01:48 AM UTC
Hello Everyone,
I'm in with a defunct entry from the recently completed "Large Scale Build" campaign. This is the Monogram 1/8th knight on horseback. Here's where horse and rider sit currently:

Keith
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 02:10 AM UTC
Glad to see so many interested members going for their dusted unfinished models !!!
I have 2 or 3 to join in very soon, a Tamyia Jagdpanzer IV, a Skif BMP-3, Revell Pz2000,a Faun Transporter...

jugjunkie
Visit this Community
South Africa
KitMaker: 140 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 03:13 AM UTC
Got some colour on the Kugelblitz now....

panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 05:48 AM UTC
Trotting out the ol' Kugelblitz IV, I see!

Looks pretty cool and an interesting camo.

But, at risk of sounding a bit grumpy... your treatment of the turret versus kugel element makes little sense (to me)! I could guess that you, as I believe the Germans did, are creating the developmental Kugelbltz by putting the prototype (painted rot-oxide) turret onto an available Pz IV hull (which presumably could have been an in-service hull wearing whatever camo it had when "seconded" to the Kugelblitz development program). That is what history records them having done.

The outer "socket" element of the turret was just as new and developmental as the inside "kugel" part - and the two parts came as a unit... so I would expect that both parts would either be "new, un-finished implants" and both in rot-oxid, or both would be "seasoned implants" and both painted more or less to match the hull... Why the outer turret would have been painted but the inner left red is what I find weird!

It's almost like you are "suggesting" that an in-service Kugelblitz (fully-painted) had a last-minute swap-in of a replacement kugel!

Just saying!

Build on! These always look cool, to me!

Cheers!

Bob
jugjunkie
Visit this Community
South Africa
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 07:35 AM UTC
Hi Bob thanks for looking and commenting. The rational behind my depiction is based only on available records and the very few pictures of this vehicle. It is known that 4 were built and until the one KUGEL was recently found in a German forest, it was not even known if they served. The discovered KUGEL was finished only in redox but the pictures taken at the factory show camo'ed Pz IV G chassis ready for the Kugel. All of this is immaterial however because there is simply not enough information anyway to make any sort of definitive statement so I have used my own judgement as to what I believe could have been possible.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 04:25 PM UTC
Well I am back home from yet another stroke and hospital visit. This one has affected my vision (left-side blindness). I will continue with the build though.
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 05:38 PM UTC
Gary I hope that a full recovery is in the works and that it is quick. All my best.
jugjunkie
Visit this Community
South Africa
Posted: Friday, December 27, 2013 - 06:59 PM UTC
Started the weathering now....

DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 28, 2013 - 02:53 AM UTC
Finally finished another of my long suffering wargaming stash, the E-75 (wip pics earlier in this thread). There's a few more pics over in the Braille forum if anyones interested and I'll put a pic in the campaign gallery .....

cheers
Brent

Pytagoras
Visit this Community
Møre og Romsdal, Norway
KitMaker: 300 posts
Armorama: 285 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 08:05 AM UTC
I'm in! I've got this unfinished Hobbyboss Merkava IV that I would like to complete. Started on it a few months back but had to put it away so that I could focus on a build for a campaign that ends in a few days.

I've ordered a set of armor chains and balls for this kit, as I've read a few reviews saying that the kit supplied pieces are a bit lacking.
Wolfsangel
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 221 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Monday, December 30, 2013 - 09:26 AM UTC
OK, I'm in with a leftover from last year.
My Trumpeter Heuschrecke.

I had too many distractions during the campaign so it'll be nice to mop this up and put it in the case.
Charlie
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 09:37 AM UTC
Made a little progress yesterday on yet another vehicle from my long suffering unfinished stash (pics on page 5).

I've had this Grill30 sitting around semi finisged for ages but knew I wanted to add a few finishing detail but sat it on the shelf due to a lack of inspiration.

After finishing my E-75 I'm on a not of a roll and mostly have a plan for this now. Anyway I added a jib as it really needed something to handle ammo resupply and alos a rear spade for stability. I figured the jib could do double duty loading rounds and lifting up the jib when required. I made sure theres enough clearance beteen the upper forks to opsn the rear doors with the spade lowered.

cheers
Brent

Removed by original poster on 12/31/13 - 23:00:58 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/31/13 - 23:15:12 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/31/13 - 23:19:05 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 12/31/13 - 23:20:56 (GMT).
M-123driver
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 11:25 AM UTC
I'm a recent returnee to the hobby after about 35+ years away. I realized during the "End of Days 2" campaign which I failed to complete, that my ideas far exceed my skill set. I was working on a big rig for post-apocalypse transport designed to defeat the hordes of zombies, armed thugs and whatever other obstacles threatened the safe, timely and profitable delivery of goods and passengers to distant outposts of civilization. As you can tell from the 4 prior attempts to post with some pics from photo bucket, I am also technology challenged.
M-123driver
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 20 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 - 11:36 AM UTC
As you can see, my mega-hauler is a 12x12 tractor powered by a twin turbocharged inline 12 cylinder diesel engine. It has side slide out gun positions behind the cab and will pull multiple trailers like the huge Austrailian land trains. It will also have a number of other defensive weapons stations.

v1kt0r
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 43 posts
Armorama: 43 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 - 06:39 AM UTC
Hi all,

I want to start next week whit my TPz Fuchs ABC (NBC).

Thats what I have today:

selfmade interior in front.

Voyager-PE and selfmade parts on the back.

Viktor
mmeier
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,280 posts
Armorama: 1,015 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 - 10:13 AM UTC
M36 started two years ago

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 - 11:02 AM UTC
Hi Guys,

Great selection of builds going on. I'm about done with my Somme dio,so I'll post up some of the finished pics later.

Cheers

Al
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, January 03, 2014 - 09:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Guys,
Great selection of builds going on. I'm about done with my Somme dio,so I'll post up some of the finished pics later.
cheers
Al

Hi Alan, your Somme dio is just inspirational .... you should see if the collective would like it as a feature contribution.

And a little more progress on my stash, got some work done on the Cromwell 1/72nd PaK44 and IS-4.

cheers
Brent

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 04, 2014 - 12:06 AM UTC
Hi Brent,

Many thanks. I've submitted it as a photo feature that should appear at some point in the future. It was a lot of fun and a good learning experience.

Your latest build is looking good.

Cheers

Al
Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 - 05:53 AM UTC
I'm declaring the LAV-25 done. I'd planned on adding stowage and maybe figures. It seemed like every time I worked with it, something broke. Among other parts, I've managed to break off three wheels...a couple of them multiple times. I sort of had a "final straw moment" when the turret MG broke. The styrene is really brittle. Time to move on. I uploaded a picture of it in to the Gallery.

With that one done, time to introduce the second stage of this campaign....the Hobby Boss Leopard 2. I've got to get it out and figure out where I am at with it.

Bluestab
Visit this Community
South Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,160 posts
Armorama: 1,906 posts
Posted: Monday, January 13, 2014 - 06:27 AM UTC
I had a pretty good build weekend and got a lot of work done. Some of which involved my Leo 2. The first thing I had to do was dig through the partially built carcass and see just where I was at on this one.

I decided to focus on the turret for now. The reason I had stopped working on this a while back was airbrush issues. You can see the screw-up on the top of the turret. Anyway, I started going over the instructions and adding the parts that needed to be added.

Turret assembly done...mostly. I left the antennas and the MG off until after paint.

With the turret assembly basically done, it was time for the PE storage racks. The styrene frame was out of square and needed to be worked to fit together.

And turret with baskets on.

That's it for now. I figure the next step is the hull and then paint.