Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Unfinished Business
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:30 AM UTC
Brent,

I'm hoping you can finish this Campaign

You have plenty of choices there !!!
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,049 posts
Armorama: 841 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Brent,
I'm hoping you can finish this Campaign
You have plenty of choices there !!!

Thanks John,

A campaign where you can enter stuff already partly finished should be an annual feature. It's always nice to start something new for a campaign but I'm sure there must be around a 50% completion rate if most campaigns I've looked at or have been part of are the norm. A chance (and some incentive) to tackle the unfished stash rather than the kit stash is very welcome.

cheers
Brent
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
KitMaker: 599 posts
Armorama: 527 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I know builds half way or less completed would be prefered ..... but I have soooooo many unfinished projects! Just joined hoping to actually finish up some of my stash.

Hello mate Brent

Beside of full performance to finished one of them for this campaign, you better prepare a special huge bunker or garage for them Nice to know you and nice also to see your available unfinished model, hope that you can get them ready for combat ASAP. Can't wait to see the finished one!

Kind regards,

Garry
3rdArmoredVet
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Monday, October 28, 2013 - 11:00 PM UTC
I guess this will be the candidate for me to finish finally. I have had this kit started since 2 days after it was released in the US early in 2008. I had added none of the PE to it back in July when I last attempted any work on it. I have maybe put 3 hours into since then and now is as good a time as any to finish this beast up. As you can see, still plenty left to do on it.

Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 01:07 AM UTC
Smokey, that's a great kit.

I've finished for the Panther Campaign awhile ago.
Perfection in plastic !

Hope you'll have as much fun as I did !!
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,673 posts
Armorama: 1,640 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 03:28 AM UTC
Hi there,
some nice kits turning up here and I ask myself how some them
turned into shelf queens

But Brent you take the biscuit dude you sure like the "what if" side don't you. Shall we help you choose or will manage on your own?

Well here's my update, it's not much just washes and some weathering then covered with dullcote from Testors:

30.10.13 002

Since the dullcote went on it's removed some the washes so I'll have to do them again.
I don't know about you lads, but I just can't get friendly with this kit. I remember buying it and thinking great subject and cheap too at 22€, but I hate the thing and this is a tough job to get it done but I'll finish it, somehow

Paul
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:05 AM UTC
Can't wait to see the finished Panther since I have the Ausf A, also from Dragon (old release), but not yet touched at all. I have to search and learn first. Nice to know you Smokey and your current 'business' surely look very nice.

Kind regards,

Garry
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 10:22 AM UTC

Quoted Text

........ But Brent you take the biscuit dude you sure like the "what if" side don't you. Shall we help you choose or will manage on your own?
Paul

Lol hey Paul, yeah I love my what if's.

Funnily enough I started a couple today, keeping it pretty simple to make sure I move fwd so I'm working on 3 of the 1/56th wargaming vehicles, the Scimitar, Bradley and Cromwell.

I think for the campaign proper I'll tackle the TigerIID in 1/48th. I started it for the last Armorama 48th and got distracted by R/L ....

Brent

Quoted Text

Hello mate Brent
Beside of full performance to finished one of them for this campaign, you better prepare a special huge bunker or garage for them Nice to know you and nice also to see your available unfinished model, hope that you can get them ready for combat ASAP. Can't wait to see the finished one!
Kind regards,
Garry

Nice to meet you Gary, thanks for the support

cheers
Brent
3rdArmoredVet
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 148 posts
Armorama: 108 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 01:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Can't wait to see the finished Panther since I have the Ausf A, also from Dragon (old release), but not yet touched at all. I have to search and learn first. Nice to know you Smokey and your current 'business' surely look very nice.

Kind regards,

Garry

Thanks ever so much and a pleasure to meet you also.
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 04:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...Nice to meet you Gary, thanks for the support

cheers
Brent

Quoted Text

Thanks ever so much and a pleasure to meet you also.

You're welcome guys and good luck for all of us, especially for this campaign

Best regards,

Garry
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 10:53 AM UTC
Some actual progress - woot!!!!!

Lightened the basecoats by drybrushing and then washed over a yellow/green filter as I wasn;t quite happy with the base colours, a bit too brown for my eye.

Got to block in the details next then it's pin washes and weathering ......

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 08:14 PM UTC
Some great stuff happening and getting completed!

Paul, (and everyone I suppose) if they were easy they'd never have been put aside in the first place. By the nature of this campaign we're all going to be working on something that has previously frustrated us....stick with it. Having said that I've not even dug out my USS Independance yet....this weekend for sure, maybe.
Tiger1944
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 160 posts
Armorama: 152 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 31, 2013 - 08:19 PM UTC
Well I have the M113 SPAAG almost ready for primer..now why didn't I do this 7 years ago LOL!

It will be getting painted in 3 tone NATO camo. Which will be my first airbrush camo attempt.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 08:12 AM UTC
Well here you have it, and I'm glad it's done:

DSCN0733

DSCN0734

DSCN0735

If Hobby Boss do another kit based on the GMC I shall certainly
have second thoughts about buying one. The build is easy but I just don't like it

Well next up is going to be the Merkava IV with a different turret , now this I am looking forward too

DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 08:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Well here you have it, and I'm glad it's done:
........ have second thoughts about buying one. The build is easy but I just don't like it

Really nice finish in the end Paul!!!

I know what you mean about some models just not being enjoyable. You look at them and think "neat I'd love to build that" then it turns into a chore for some reason, whether it's parts fit, complexity, poor details, uncertainty over paint ... or just because!

Brent

Quoted Text

Well I have the M113 SPAAG almost ready for primer..now why didn't I do this 7 years ago LOL!
It will be getting painted in 3 tone NATO camo. Which will be my first airbrush camo attempt.

Nice build, should look great in nato cam, I've developed a soft spot for M113s recently .....
Tiger1944
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 01, 2013 - 02:58 PM UTC
Thanks Brent,
I wanted to eventually build a heap of M113 variants but only have built two others. A Vietnam war era M113 (Academy kit) and an Israeli M113 "Fitter" (also Academy). The two I just mentioned are decent kits that come with a complete interior as well.
1721Lancers
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 03:57 AM UTC
Thanks Brent, the reason for not liking the kit was "just because". Odd that this can happen to you, it happened once before and the kit went into the bin

Happy modelling weekend to all

Paul
Tiger1944
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 06:18 PM UTC
I gave up on trying to do NATO 3 tone camo, I only have a cheap airbrush compressor and the regulator leaves a lot to be desired. And I couldn't get the pressure low enough to do freehand camo
So after looking at some pics of the M163 SPAAG on the net. I settled on an overall olive drab. lightened the base colour a few times for some modulation. The photo is a lot lighter than it really is.

So now I just have to attach the tools, maybe some stowage, decals and weathering (dusty)
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Monday, November 04, 2013 - 10:54 PM UTC

Quoted Text

...The photo is a lot lighter than it really is...

He already looks very cool! Can't wait for your dusty stage to be completed

Best regards

Garry
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 12:33 AM UTC
Hello guys! More and more... This is my current progress work during this campaign for all of you via my existing build log through this link: Build Log:"Let Them Go!"Diorama

See you soon!

Best regards from Indonesia

Garry
Tiger1944
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
Posted: Friday, November 08, 2013 - 10:16 PM UTC
Got some unfinished business finally finished. The M113 Vulcan SPAAG (self propelled anti aircraft gun) is done and dusted.
Used a mixture of filters, washes and pigments to get the dusty look.
The decals look like crap but are quite old, used setting solution etc and they still look crap

Now I may have to finish my Bronco panzer II Ausf. D
All_You_Can_Kit
Visit this Community
Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Posted: Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 04:34 PM UTC
Hello guys! Again... This is my current progress work during this campaign per this Sunday 11.35 AM local time via my existing build log through this link: Build Log:"Let Them Go!"Diorama

See you soon!

Best regards from Indonesia

Garry
DaGreatQueeg
Visit this Community
Napier, New Zealand
Posted: Sunday, November 24, 2013 - 07:10 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Got some unfinished business finally finished. The M113 Vulcan SPAAG (self propelled anti aircraft gun) is done and dusted.
The decals look like crap but are quite old, used setting solution etc and they still look crap

Good to see your 113 finshed Jason!

And yeah the decals are one of the downsides of working with older kits. I've a ton of aircraft kits in my stash and the yellowing and brittle decals scares me more than the kits .....

And some more of my progress. I wasn't happy with the base colours and so I repainted them a couple of times while trying to get the US and Brit desert colours correct (well correct to my eye anyway).

I also started finishing work on the Cromwell 72nd Challenger while I was on a roll - it's been in my stash close to 20yrs I think lol

cheers
Brent

nng-nng
Visit this Community
Bayern, Germany
KitMaker: 380 posts
Armorama: 376 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 - 10:42 AM UTC
What a usefull campaign... might be that I have to enter some more modells here (I know, just one award per person)

But anyway, IŽll start with this one:

IŽve startet this Sd.Kfz. 254 some time ago and got stuck.... not bcause of real kit issues, more because I wanted to scatch an interior... simply because I didnŽt had the right spare parts, but it seems like i fixed that by now...
AlanL
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, November 25, 2013 - 11:06 AM UTC
Hi folks,

Some very cool stuff getting worked on here.

My contribution will be in the form of my Somme dio, I started about 18 months ago.

This is where I more or less got to:

The last couple of months has seen some progress.

Anyway, work continues.

Cheers

Al