Armorama: 742 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 02:41 AM UTC
obg153
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,049 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 03:00 AM UTC
The creativity on your dio is simply amazing!! All of the elements blend beautifully, the scratch-building alone could be a great tutorial, and the sense of "somethin' bad could happen here" can be felt. Outstanding results!!
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 07:36 AM UTC
Hi Maarten, and Jack - thanks for the comments, and for bringing this build "back to life"!! It seems pretty old now, but I still like it! Lots of fun stuff to build! Even the concept - a bit "out there"! And, Jack, you nailed the desired look - "somethin bad could happen here"!!

Cheers
Nick
Armorsmith
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 1,063 posts
Armorama: 1,000 posts
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 - 08:53 AM UTC
Outstanding. Half the time I didn't know if I was looking at the real thing or a model. Really like the concept. You've really captured the feel of the "Wasteland."
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 - 03:05 AM UTC
Hi Armorsmith - thanks! Glad you like this project. It was a fun build - quite a bit out of the ordinary for me. Funny, while I see the dio in my shop, I haven't looked at the pictures in a while. It does contribute to my current thinking about my next project - hmmm - there are so many interesting sets of figures, accessories, and vehicles - next, add some scratch building - more fun, if not weird projects can and will emerge!

Cheers
Nick
 _GOTOTOP