Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Jeep, etc. Campaign?
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 - 05:44 AM UTC
In. Maybe breaking open a new kit will get me back into the building mood.
Let's see Mini Art's 1/35 Bantam or Auska's 1/24 Bantam.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:40 PM UTC
Ok guys !
Rules and Signing : HERE !!!

Have fun !!!!
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 - 09:57 PM UTC
Thanks John!

Michael
ropeynz
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 102 posts
Posted: Monday, September 07, 2015 - 11:32 PM UTC
Armyguy, and anyone else for that matter, if you go 1/24th you might consider LSA's range of accessories.
Giovanni1508
Visit this Community
Napoli, Italy
KitMaker: 652 posts
Armorama: 600 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 05:54 PM UTC

Dear All,

Happy to see the campaign confirmed. I'm IN and enlisted today !
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:00 PM UTC
Sounds like, unless you actually want to carefully define this campaign as being "JEEPS only".... meaning the US - built 1/4 ton truck 4x4 Ford and Willy's GP of WWII and it's post-WWII successors M-38 up through the M151 MUTT, you'll want to create a list to at least vaguely bound the "light type" allowed!

"FYI": The "Jeep" was a light utility truck. It served exactly the same roles in WWII as did the German VW kubelwagen, Horch type 1a, 108, and 901, Steyr 1500A, Steuer types, and MB 1500A, as well as various coopted cars. The VW kubel, Horch, Steyr, and MB types were all technically defined by the Germans as "personnel cars" (light, medium, and heavy classes), and not as "trucks". I know. It's a technicality! The Steyr and MB "cars" were actually TRUCKS with different bodies (sounds like US school-bus versus parent truck chassis, to me!) .

Keeping it to "JEEPS" specifically is narrow but keeps things simple. Allowing in the "similar-use stuff" - from Brit Austin "Tilly" to Russian GAZ 67B and 69B series and their modern analogs, will broaden things hugely.... but does complicate setting bounds. Gross vehicle weight under 4500 lbs, maybe?

A very short list within that "under 4500" limit might include:

Kubel wagens, VW cars, MB 170 military types and similar "militarized passenger cars", GAZ 67B variants, the Kurogame versions, FIAT Coloniale 508 and Topolino versions, French Simca, schwimmwagens, GP amphibians, Willy's Bantam, the Austin Tilly... Several modern-era light field cars could jump in (M151 Mutt variants, Israeli 151 knock-offs, Chinese PL1 variants, Russian GAZ 69 variants, CJ-3 and CJ-5, M-38, Land Rover SWB, Land Cruiser FJ40, similar other types)... Heck! At "under 4500 lbs", the modern Steyr Pinzgauer 710m cargo and personnel truck would edge in!

I THINK that all of those German Horch, Steyr1500A and MB1500A types were heavier than the "4500 limit".

I could join into this one with

German Kubel or Schwimmwagen
GAZ 69 variants
M151 variants

Even an actual JEEP kit!

I have some options!

Bob
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds like, unless you actually want to carefully define this campaign as being "JEEPS only".... meaning the US - built 1/4 ton truck 4x4 Ford and Willy's GP of WWII and it's post-WWII successors M-38 up through the M151 MUTT, you'll want to create a list to at least vaguely bound the "light type" allowed!

Keeping it to "JEEPS" specifically is narrow but keeps things simple. Allowing in the "similar-use stuff" - from Brit Austin "Tilly" to Russian GAZ 67B and 69B series and their modern analogs, will broaden things hugely.... but does complicate setting bounds. Gross vehicle weight under 4500 lbs, maybe?

Kubel wagens, VW cars, MB 170 military types and similar "militarized passenger cars", GAZ 67B variants, the Kurogame versions, FIAT Coloniale 508 and Topolino versions, French Simca, schwimmwagens, GP amphibians, Willy's Bantam, the Austin Tilly... Several modern-era light field cars could jump in (M151 Mutt variants, Israeli 151 knock-offs, Chinese PL1 variants, Russian GAZ 69 variants, CJ-3 and CJ-5, M-38, Land Rover SWB, Land Cruiser FJ40, similar other types)... Heck! At "under 4500 lbs", the modern Steyr Pinzgauer 710m cargo and personnel truck would edge in!

I THINK that all of those German Horch, Steyr1500A and MB1500A types were heavier than the "4500 limit".

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the analysis! I'd like to keep it open to more than just "Jeeps" but not too open. I've added the 2t/4500lb limit to the rules. Your list looks like a good one but, of course, I'm open to other vehicles that are under the weight limit.

Michael
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 6,188 posts
Armorama: 5,960 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 02:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the analysis! I'd like to keep it open to more than just "Jeeps" but not too open. I've added the 2t/4500lb limit to the rules. Your list looks like a good one but, of course, I'm open to other vehicles that are under the weight limit.

Michael

You mean like this one: http://armorama.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=635

BTW... I'M IN!

Jeff
BMCTomcat
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 07:33 AM UTC
Hi, I'm new
Can I join this campaign?
I have one Tamiya 151A2 TOW kit being idle ...
Just one question : any aftermarket parts allow (like conversion set or add on)?
Thanks
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 08:49 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi, I'm new
Can I join this campaign?
I have one Tamiya 151A2 TOW kit being idle ...
Just one question : any aftermarket parts allow (like conversion set or add on)?
Thanks

Tom,

That all sounds good by me! Welcome!

Michael
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 568 posts
Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 - 10:58 PM UTC
Jeff T hows it going. The last Jeep campaign was my 1st campaign on here, and I think you were involved too Jeff.
Looking forward to it. I have an Italeri Jeep with stretchers and I am thinking Paras. A wee dio.

Pete
BMCTomcat
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 73 posts
Armorama: 56 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 01:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Tom,
That all sounds good by me! Welcome!
Michael

Thanks Michael .. I'm in ..
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeff T hows it going. The last Jeep campaign was my 1st campaign on here, and I think you were involved too Jeff.
Looking forward to it. I have an Italeri Jeep with stretchers and I am thinking Paras. A wee dio.

Pete

Hey Pete, nice seeing you! Hey that link I supplied I was the Campaign Leader (hope I did okay) and it feels like it was a hundred years ago too! LOL

Don't know what to build yet... maybe a German vehicle? My last was the DRAGON "Battle of the Bulge" kit which I believe was a Hasegawa rebox.

BUT, we have time until November, huh!

Jeff
noddy927
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,273 posts
Armorama: 568 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 04:05 PM UTC
LOL Jeff I knew you were involved, my apologies for not remembering you were the leader. And you did a fine job my friend.

Pete
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 05:29 PM UTC
25% started...? What would that be in practice? If body is done, would that be inside rules? Just curious because I have two Bronco Jeep's WIP.
Eberbach
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 06:02 PM UTC
I'd like to Joint this one! I guess i will go with a M151a2 with TOW.... may be I will do another one...

Bravo1102
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 2,497 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 06:35 PM UTC
I'll join up for this one. I have an MPC 1/24 scale jeep that I want to do as a M38(slick) recoiless rifle jeep. I love the old companies reissuing these kits from my childhood. This kit was one of first I ever built as a kid and the tires languished in my spare parts for decades.
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 04:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

25% started...? What would that be in practice? If body is done, would that be inside rules? Just curious because I have two Bronco Jeep's WIP.

Kimmo,

I guess I'd have to see what you mean. Honestly I add the 25% rule to get more people involved. I know I'll start a kit and then get distracted, and I thought allowing partially started kits would attract more enlistees and lead to more completed builds. It's sort of an honor system on how much YOU think your kit is done. After all, the idea is to have fun!

So, the reason I proposed this campaign is that I want to build one of these. Question is, which one? What do you all think?

photo 20150914_160625_zps1i7sevid.jpg

Michael
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 05:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

My local Hobby Lobby always has this 1/14 scale Jeep in stock, and at 40% off, why in the heck not!!!! I'm in and really excited about this one!

I am interested in this? Can you please share any details about it, like... do you have a picture and do they have more than one?

What brand is it?

Jeff
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 05:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So, the reason I proposed this campaign is that I want to build one of these. Question is, which one? What do you all think?

Michael

What's the difference as I am no expert in the SAS JEEPS.

Jeff
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 - 06:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Michael

What's the difference as I am no expert in the SAS JEEPS.

Jeff

One is configured as used by the Special Air Service in N. Africa, the other by the SAS in NW Europe after the invasion.

Michael
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 01:58 AM UTC
Just pick the one with more guns...
PantherF
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 07:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

One is configured as used by the Special Air Service in N. Africa, the other by the SAS in NW Europe after the invasion.

Michael

Well, by all means I would vote for the desert JEEP. (I liked the TV show Rat Patrol)

Thanks for the explanation!

Jeff
ivanhoe6
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 2,023 posts
Armorama: 1,234 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 10:31 AM UTC
Just saw a posting about Soga Minatures releasing a 2 figure SAS set for the Dragon SAS jeep.
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 - 05:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Michael

Well, by all means I would vote for the desert JEEP. (I liked the TV show Rat Patrol)

Thanks for the explanation!

Jeff

Ah, Rat Patrol. That was great television!

Michael