Like, but not the Bladerunner
BUTA46
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 01:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What can I say man? I don't even feel competent enough to make a comment at this point. It is very very cool. What no cleavage on the bar maid though?
J

Kind of why lurkers lurk...not for the cleavage, I mean. (Insert your own "Wayne'sWorld" not worthy GIF)
Very inspiring sir! Any way to get just a little up lighting behind the bar? Maybe a piece of mirror for the floor behind the bar to reflect light back up? Most bars and bar scenes are lit that way.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 04:01 AM UTC
Hi Nick,
Going along with the general buzz from the others regarding your extraordinary work! ... Left speechless ... and now I'm thirsty too!!!

—mike
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
KitMaker: 9,465 posts
Armorama: 8,695 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 07:16 PM UTC
How about some frosted glass behind the bar framing? It should pick up the downlighting quite nicely! Just a thought Nick . . .
Stickframe
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,661 posts
Armorama: 1,202 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 09:38 PM UTC
Hi guys - thanks for taking the time to check in! I appreciate the comments and feed back!

Thanks Dave and Mike!

Jerry - yes...about the bar maid....well, I thought for a minute about some visual enhancement....then remembered I'm not you!! Taking the number 11 to her would no doubt do more harm than good!! That said, there will be others!

Mike and Phil - hmm, I guess more background on the "scene" is in order. First, there are white lights above the bar, and purple lights on each side (left and right). Only the white and left side are on in the photo. Eventually, the lights will be balanced with the right side on. Next, there is no back wall installed at this point. The future wall will feature a Syd Meade graphic that is colorful and bold - which will serve as a backdrop - I'll test it out - then decide on the use of mirrors or frosted glass - don't be surprised if you see both!

Cheers
Nick
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 09:46 PM UTC
Nick, I love the idea of bringing a hint of Syd Meade into your work! Hey does anyone make a "Johnny Five" robot in 1/35th? Syd designed those for the movie "Short Circuit".

Maybe it is time to add some mecha to you populace??? Again, just a thought . . .

p.s. Your work inspires!
Mark
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 554 posts
Armorama: 461 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2016 - 11:13 PM UTC
Euhmmmm yes, what can I say?
Awesome doesnt cover it.

Youre in a league of your own.

My hat went off long ago.

Mark
Kilo_Uniform
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 280 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 - 10:38 AM UTC
Hi Nick,

WOW, WOW and WOW again!!!

Awesome man - your build is absolutely amazing. The detail and planning going into this diorama is just at another level.

Like the man said - hat went off a long time ago.

Keep up the excellent work - looking forward to the next update.

Regards,
Kobus
JGphins
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 249 posts
Armorama: 249 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 - 01:23 AM UTC
Hi Nick, excellent lighting effects! A huge difference maker on top of great modeling skills. I remember a while back you complimenting my simple street light and wanting to try this on your upcoming current build. The results are very well done thus far and no question, lighting does add yet another realistic effect. Congrats on the excellent outcome! I'm sure the final version will be even better with this new electrical addition. I have a friend who adds the tiny LEDs into the interior components of each vehicle's dashboard and rear area of cargo space. The added effort adds another level to an already wonderful build. Thanks for sharing.

JGphins
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 21, 2016 - 01:17 PM UTC
Hi Nick , yes the other comments about your work don't lie . Awesome work to watch !

Kurt
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 12:55 AM UTC
Hi guys -- i'm sorry to say, this is becoming a recurrent theme - I have to do another fast post! First though, thanks to each of you for taking the time to comment! I really appreciate each one!

Ok -on to today's photo, and not word heavy update - please take a look:

As you can see above, we have lights!! Below - in the light of day:

And, back to LED Lights:

SO -not much time or not, there you have it! I appreciate all you guys for encouraging me to light it up - the results are much better than I expected!

Keep on building!

Cheers
Nick

cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 01:04 AM UTC
Unbelievably stunning Nick , beautiful work !!!
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 01:50 AM UTC
This just looks so GREAT!!!Well in case you have not heard there is a sequel to "Blade Runner" which at this time is only known as "Untitled Blade Runner Sequel" which is supposed to be released in October 6,2017.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 02:09 AM UTC
ooooooooo!!! 😯 ... the colors!!! 🎨 Nice work on the crowd too!!!

Brilliant update, Nick!!!

—mike
kurnuy
Visit this Community
West-Vlaaderen, Belgium
KitMaker: 1,491 posts
Armorama: 997 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 03:00 AM UTC
Hi Nick ,

don't forget the interaction between some figures . One of the blond ladies stands alone at the bar let one of the guys talking to here ( i know which one). Let the guy with the coat enter the place instead of leaving for example.... Just a thought , your skill in techniques is absolutely fantastic but keep the imagination working .

Kurt
Trisaw
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 04:39 AM UTC
Wow, great work, Nick! You should really consider selling this to a museum of Modern Art or an art gallery if you no longer have the space or want it anymore (no joke).

This creation surely blows away some of the modern art creations I've seen in the museums. It truly is a work of fine art!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 07:13 AM UTC
Ummmm... WOW!! And wow again a few more times! Gee wilegers man you work fast. A whole crowd has appeared! AND..they look good. Some good lookin females as well.
J
Kilo_Uniform
Visit this Community
Gauteng, South Africa
KitMaker: 280 posts
Armorama: 135 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 10:42 AM UTC
Hi Nick,

Absolutely AWESOME!!!!

Love the lighting, the crowd - everything - amazing realism.

Well done Sir!

Looking forward to the next update.

Regards,
Kobus
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 05:51 PM UTC
Nick your work is now gone well beyond great into the realm of FANTASTIC!

Just had a thought. My grandson has some hollow, inch and a quarter tall, magnetic alphabet letters (refrigerator magnets) that are sort of a milky translucent plastic. They could easily be colored with transparent taillight paint, the magnets removed and internal lights substituted.

Would be happy to send you a "BAR" set of letters if interested, my grandson never plays with these, they just spend their lives living on my fridge. Heck I would be happy to send you the entire set!

Mike
railbuilderdhd
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 113 posts
Armorama: 91 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 06:57 PM UTC
Every time you post new pictures you blow my mind! I have to say you are a model master for sure!!!

A comment and not that it would be needed or it would be any different. The front openings/doors to the bar are both open all the way. I think it would be cool to see a door that's not all the way up. Have something that has a heavy secure looking door they use to lock down all that alcohol when they are closed.

Dave
strongarden
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 730 posts
Armorama: 624 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 08:14 PM UTC
OH

MY

GOD

THIS IS FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!

Cheers Dude
These are for you!

Dave
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 08:22 PM UTC
Hi guys - thanks for having a look and taking the time to leave some comments! I think I owe all of you a big thanks! For pushing the idea of adding lights! I came very close to chickening out of that - glad I didn't. It was a lot less difficult than I imagined to do - even the soldering.....

Cheyenne - hi and thanks! That public pool of yours has been doing a good job of keeping me honest and not skipping out on the details!

Hi Jason - thanks for taking the time! A sequel eh?...hmm, maybe the dio II???

Hi Mike - yeah - color....new to me!! Usually desert sand and grey cover my spectrum - this place needed something else! Thanks!

Hi Kurt - you know, 95% of the time I'd agree with you - not here tho - remember, directly across the street is a wrecked vehicle and the cops have just arrived! As even as dedicated patrons of beers, drinks and wine, these folks would need to see what's going on! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Peter - sheesh!! Thanks so much for the nice words! I'm not sure if this crosses into the realm of art! But, I think it's looking better than I would have guessed or hoped! Thanks!

Hi Jerry - yes - the figures - there's no way I could have skipped out on them! Mercifully they'll usually be viewed under the colored lights - some details get a bit lost! Look at the background figs - they're cardboard cutouts! I found some prints of random people, spray mounted them - added some backing here and there for "thickness" and good to go! There are about 20 of the cardboard silhouettes! Thanks for the comments!

Hi Kobus - thanks for stopping by and leaving some comments! Yeah - this build has been different! But a fun challenge! Thanks!

Hi Mike - those letters are a great idea - I'm not sure what I'm going to do - I like the silhouette idea - better than a box sign - btw - the "glass" behind the bar got your "frosted" treatment - thanks for that idea!

Hi Dave - the doors....not the band! The roll ups - yep - on their way! I wanted to first find out how much to leave open for the view! Guess how I thought of this concern?!?? Yep - add loads of detail....then, build a door....no more detail! I didn't want that to happen!! Thanks for checking in!

Hi Dave - looks like we were posting at the same time!! Thanks!! I appreciate your comments!

Ok - back to work!

Cheers
Nick
165thspc
Visit this Community
Kentucky, United States
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 08:44 PM UTC
Nick, Glad you liked the frosted glass idea.

I will post a pic of the "BAR" lettering tonight and give you exact measurements just in case you decide it works for you.

p.s. The lettering could wrap around the curve of that second story steel structure!
Stickframe
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 08:57 PM UTC
Hi Mike - thanks - yes...we're on the same page - wrap the sign...but exactly what sign?? I don't know yet.

Phil - I forgot to mention, in addition to the frosted glass - I ran some highly reflective material behind the bar for up lighting! Thanks for that idea!

Cheers
Nick
Chapman
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 203 posts
Armorama: 198 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 09:04 PM UTC
Nick the bar is AMAZING! Love the Lagunitas IPA signs, nice touch.
I'm sure the modeling team working on Blade Runner would have loved to have you're mad skills on their team.
Keep it going!! As an inspired gawker I don't want this project to ever end.
matt
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 5,957 posts
Armorama: 2,956 posts
Posted: Monday, July 25, 2016 - 09:40 PM UTC
UM yeah... speechless... really raising the bar with this build!!!