Campaigns: Completed Campaigns
Campaigns that are completed should be grouped here.
Hosted by Richard S.
JEEPS!
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 1,732 posts
Armorama: 326 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 29, 2017 - 04:27 PM UTC
Hi guys!
Would a Land Rover qualify for this campaign? I have here a Revell kit (ex Italeri I guess) in 1/35 and would go for one used by the BFG (British Forces Germany) in the 1970's.

Torsten
Hudson29
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,156 posts
Armorama: 1,024 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 02:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi guys!
Would a Land Rover qualify for this campaign? I have here a Revell kit (ex Italeri I guess) in 1/35 and would go for one used by the BFG (British Forces Germany) in the 1970's.

Torsten

I have asked the same Q without hearing an answer. If any vehicle qualifies as a Jeep outside of a Jeep it would have to be a Land Rover. Both cut from the same cloth.
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 03:05 AM UTC
I got my Tamiya Jeep started last night. It has been a very quick build so far. I have no idea about markings yet but we'll get to that as time goes by.

I was a little surprised by how small these things were. I learned to drive in the ex-Marine flat fendered Jeep and it didn't seem so little to me 50 years ago. I just finished a Soviet T-35 tank and its fun to compare. I think the T-35 could run over & crush the jeep and not even realize it had run over anything . . .

BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 04:42 PM UTC
Thanks for the answer, Paul!
As long as I don't hear a "No" from the campaign leader, I take it as a "Yes" and have just enlisted to the campaign.
I mainly build aircraft, so I only frequently visit the Amorama sides. Yesterday evening I had some time and started with the Rover. This is the work of 2 hours. Looks like a nice little build ....

.... still some parts left ....

At the moment I have also a Lockheed Ventura for the ANZAC Campaign on the bench which is my primary build and takes most of my building time, so the Land Rover will be done "in between". But it should be finished by the end of this month.

Happy modelling!
Torsten
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 06:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

can we clarify the parameters for this one

'Jeeps' are still in use so how modern can we be? (you stated Vietnam but that leaves out two major mid east wars, plus the gulf wars, afghanistan, Grenada etc...)

I assume Landrovers are included as well as mechanical mules?

if you want to make this a true 'jeep' campaign make the vehicle cargo classification the defining item. (1/4 ton capacity vehicles only maybe?)

MJH

Thanks,

The campaign is focusing on the Jeep, or light personnel carrier, cargo hauler, ordnance-hauler, et al. This does not include Land Rovers, or MULEs. Keeping it limited to the smaller, more "personal" vehicles such as the ones I listed: Willys (US, or British), MUTTs, GAZ/UAZs, Type 87 VWs, Swimmwagens, or Kübelwagens keeps things more in-line with my campaign concept.

Being as there is a trucks and trailers campaign in progress right now, I wanted this to be more about the people and cargo movers used by the day to day grunts. Add some stowage, have a little fun.

As far as the dates, how about anything between 1939 (Germany invades Poland) to 1975 (end of the Viet Nam war). Beyond that, I am drawing a line--I mean, we gotta have rules, right?

I hope this clears it up, and looking forward to seeing all of the finished builds!

What Knuckles wrote as answer to an earlier question.

I don't know if it still applies though ....
/ Robin
Hudson29
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2017 - 08:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

can we clarify the parameters for this one

'Jeeps' are still in use so how modern can we be? (you stated Vietnam but that leaves out two major mid east wars, plus the gulf wars, afghanistan, Grenada etc...)

I assume Landrovers are included as well as mechanical mules?

if you want to make this a true 'jeep' campaign make the vehicle cargo classification the defining item. (1/4 ton capacity vehicles only maybe?)

MJH

Thanks,

The campaign is focusing on the Jeep, or light personnel carrier, cargo hauler, ordnance-hauler, et al. This does not include Land Rovers, or MULEs. Keeping it limited to the smaller, more "personal" vehicles such as the ones I listed: Willys (US, or British), MUTTs, GAZ/UAZs, Type 87 VWs, Swimmwagens, or Kübelwagens keeps things more in-line with my campaign concept.

Being as there is a trucks and trailers campaign in progress right now, I wanted this to be more about the people and cargo movers used by the day to day grunts. Add some stowage, have a little fun.

As far as the dates, how about anything between 1939 (Germany invades Poland) to 1975 (end of the Viet Nam war). Beyond that, I am drawing a line--I mean, we gotta have rules, right?

I hope this clears it up, and looking forward to seeing all of the finished builds!

What Knuckles wrote as answer to an earlier question.

I don't know if it still applies though ....
/ Robin

I read that too several times & can only guess that the leader mistook a Land Rover for some sort of large truck. It is not. Dimensionally it is very close to the WW2 Jeeps and was built for the same jobs also. It is much closer to being a Jeep than other vehicles that were approved which is why I asked for clarification.

It is clearly NOT MY CALL and I have no dog in this fight. I am building a Jeep but I feel clarification is in order.
BlackWidow
Visit this Community
European Union
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 12:11 AM UTC
Thanks for the clarification, Robin. So no Land Rovers allowed. Okay, than I'm out. Though it would fit in the time frame given, as the Land Rover was developed in the late 1940's. And sure has more in common with a Jeep than a VW Beetle .... Never mind.

Happy modelling!
Torsten
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2017 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for the clarification, Robin. So no Land Rovers allowed. Okay, than I'm out. Though it would fit in the time frame given, as the Land Rover was developed in the late 1940's. And sure has more in common with a Jeep than a VW Beetle .... Never mind.

Happy modelling!
Torsten

Hi Torsten,
1. I am not the leader of this campaign.
2. I have not enlisted myself either (already enlisted in a few other campaigns).

3.The campaign leader, Knuckles, has not been logged in to the forums since the 14th of August ....

You could consider the 'British Brigade', the Land Rover will fit there.
Another option could be to enlist, build the Land Rover, take the photos, have fun and then discuss the rules afterwards when Knuckles is back online.

The original Land Rover was built as a Made in Britain alternative for the Jeep, the first ones were almost the same size and weight as the Willys Jeep. Others have said/thought that the Land Rover could be admitted ...

/ Robin
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 07:13 AM UTC
Calling this V-Dub done.

Mike
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 14, 2017 - 10:32 AM UTC
Pretty cool V-Dub, Mike! ... That Jabo eye view (image 3) looks like the driver abandoned the scene posthaste — bugged-out! Lol!

Cheers!🍺
—mike
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 02:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Pretty cool V-Dub, Mike! ... That Jabo eye view (image 3) looks like the driver abandoned the scene posthaste — bugged-out! Lol!

Cheers!🍺
—mike

Looks great Mike. The large base gives it that desolated, abandoned look for sure. "1946" View

j76lr
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,081 posts
Armorama: 1,066 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2017 - 02:31 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Enlist here for Jeeps! Campaign

Jeeps! Willys, MUTTs, GAZ/UAZs (Da, tovarich), Type 87 VWs/Schwimmwagens, or Kübelwagens (Jawohl!). How about whoever and whatever you want to tow behind, strap on to, or bolt on or in it. Focus on Civil Service, or anything military between WW2, and Viet Nam. To keep it simple, the Jeep must be the focus of the piece--e.g. not a Tiger running over a Jeep.

Static display, vignette, or a diorama. Any manufacturer, and any (and all) AM is allowed, scratchbuilding is allowed and encouraged. Figures are fine. Open to any scale 1/6 to 1/72 (sorry guys no 1:1 ).

Dates are from July 01, 2017 through March 01, 2018. Typical forum protocol: less than 25% completed upon start of the campaign, post a pic of the kit you intend to build, and at least 2 WIP shots, then post your completed pic/s in the campaign gallery.

Let's have some fun and see what you've got!

Thats a GREAT hood ornerment !!
Removed by original poster on 11/16/17 - 15:58:46 (GMT).
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 01:38 AM UTC
Came across this photo thought some one else might find it of interest The jeep looks OD and take note of the tires. .
TacFireGuru
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,770 posts
Armorama: 2,263 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 16, 2017 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks great Mike. The large base gives it that desolated, abandoned look for sure. "1946" View

LOL! Love it!!

Mike
armyguy
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 262 posts
Armorama: 150 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 06:58 AM UTC
Peter
Nice work I'm going to have to dig the 3or4 kits I have out and pick up a P E or two .
In reading your posts and looking at your work I started my own research on the internet.Came across a couple of restorations of full size GPA's. Found some interesting shots of the hull. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2017 - 01:08 PM UTC
Thanks David. A bit better than the ones I have

Delbert
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,659 posts
Armorama: 1,512 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:05 PM UTC
Hello,

I finally got started on my Ambulance Jeep.

later
Delbert
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2017 - 12:34 PM UTC
Welcome to the race Delbert. Any start is a good one
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:22 AM UTC
Hi guys,

My Jeep has been idling, but I've not been — just got sidetracked with figure mods. for this and another related vehicle. Now that I have this one fitted (left arm resting on steering wheel spoke), I can get back to the business at hand — the Jeep.

Cheers!🍺
—mike
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 12:44 AM UTC
Guess my SEEP has been idling next to it Mike.

I have a few builds on the go at the moment but managed to get some paint down on the interior and am now ready to fit the upper hull components. Lost an etch tow hook along the way, but fortunately Voyager give you spares.
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, December 01, 2017 - 09:14 AM UTC
Here's a little Bronco Jeep progress.

The PE light guard was fairly easy, but I barely managed to squeak through the hood clamp attachment session without losing any of the small parts.🔍😅

A little scratch detail for the Jerry Can. I used Evergreen No. 9009 Styrene Sheet (0.13mm thick) for the can holder. Then I removed most of the jerry can's original strap/buckle, and added a strap made of Tamiya tape with an Aber PE buckle (35 A113). The resin spare is from the DEF.Model (DW30018) wheel set.

Cheers!🍺
—mike
justsendit
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 06:17 AM UTC
Here’s another Bronco Jeep update: The main and sub-assemblies got the airbrush and/or hairy stick treatment.

Chassis, body, and misc. small parts: Vallejo USA Olive Drab Primer (73.608).
Exhaust system: Vallejo Light Rust (70.301), Dark Rust (70.302), and Smoke (70.939).

Canvas top: Vallejo German Dark Yellow Primer (73.604).

Seat cushions: Vallejo Afrikakorps Tank Crew (70.336) — captured upholstery! Lol!

Still to go ... wheels/tires, tools, clear windshield frame/wipers, the driver figure ... and oh yeah, there are decals. 🤔

Cheers!🍺
—mike
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
Posted: Tuesday, December 05, 2017 - 04:00 PM UTC
Nice Mike.
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada