_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
WWI Armor Campaign
TimReynaga
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 2,500 posts
Armorama: 297 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 05:32 AM UTC
Both tanks got an initial preshading of Tamiya Japanese Navy Green (XF-11) around the bolt lines and shadow areas.

After that, the Feldgrau tank received a coat of Tamiya Field Grey (XF-65) in cloud pattern over the Tamiya J.N. Green, and the three color camouflage pattern on the other vehicle was applied using Tamiya J.N. Green (XF-11), Tamiya Dark Yellow (XF-60), and Tamiya Hull Red (XF-9).

Although not really visible in these pictures, the preshading did leave just a bit of depth underneath the colors.
TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 08:55 PM UTC
The tanks' machine guns were painted Tamiya Rubber Black (XF-85) and the exhausts Tamiya Flat Brown (XF-10).

With these details painted and the vehicles glossed with Future, the A7Vs are ready for their markings.
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 09:35 PM UTC
Looking good, Tim (and everyone else!)

I'm afraid this one just wasn't in the cards for me, I just couldn't get rolling on my Takom Mk.IV. Not the kit's fault, it's all me. Sure is nice to see everyone else's work though!

Just about two weeks left, everyone.

Michael
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 - 09:40 PM UTC

Quoted Text

So the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Cambrai is coming up in November. Anyone up for a Great War Armor campaign? There are a number of great kits out there to choose from, and I haven't seen a campaign to cover them for quite a while now. What do you all think?

Michael

Is american armor from WW1 allowed?
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 12:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

So the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Cambrai is coming up in November. Anyone up for a Great War Armor campaign? There are a number of great kits out there to choose from, and I haven't seen a campaign to cover them for quite a while now. What do you all think?

Michael

Certainly, as long as it's WWI. Not much time left in this campaign, though.

Michael
tanknick22
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1,139 posts
Armorama: 1,100 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 03:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Michael

Certainly, as long as it's WWI. Not much time left in this campaign, though.

Michael

when does it start?
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2018 - 04:15 AM UTC
It actually started in November 2017. It ends on 1 June. See the rules, etc., here.

Michael
TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, May 22, 2018 - 08:34 AM UTC
The Flames of War A7V Sturmpanzerwagen kits came with decals including Maltese cross national markings, Abteilung numbers, nicknames, and other insignia.

I used the kit national markings, and the red “I” on the camouflaged tank came from a 1/100 scale Battlefront Miniatures Afrika Corps sheet (GE942-2).

The A7Vs also received their nicknames; the Feldgrau tank was called “Nixe” (mermaid), the camouflaged vehicle, “Schnuck”.
TimReynaga
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 07:59 AM UTC
The little monsters were finished off with a quick wash with Grumbacher Raw Umber artists oil to deepen recesses and a coating of “flat Future” – Future acrylic gloss mixed with Tamiya Flat Base – for a matte finish.

With that, A7V Sturmpanzerwagens “Nixe” and “Schnuck” were ready to unleash their fury upon an unsuspecting Europe!

RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 02:37 PM UTC
Running late, very late, but maybe there is still hope.
I had to remove the roof from the fighting compartment since it was sitting too high. The edges of the sides are bevelled and just like the edges of the roof BUT the edges of the roof were not bevelled all the way up to the top surface. The bevelled part of the edge was only half the thickness of the roof which left a visible edge to the roof, the roof was almost 1 millimetre too high which meant that the "windshield" didn't reach all the way from the roof down to the top of the "hood".
First I thought that the "windshield" was too narrow but after finding some images on the internet I realised that the roof had to fixed. Some damages to the walls but on the whole the "surgery" was mostly successful. Fixing the roof before gluing it in place would have been a lot easier .....
Some of the repairs with strips of white styrene may be visible in the images below. The remaining work now is some small parts, I will use some of the photoetch and then painting. All grey, haven't got time for camouflage patterns

If I manage to get it finished I just need to figure out how to add images to the campaign gallery .....
/ Robin
PanzerGeek
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 221 posts
Armorama: 217 posts
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 - 06:06 PM UTC
Okay I’m going to say my Mk V is all done.

Cheers
Todd
RobinNilsson
Staff MemberTOS Moderator
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Stockholm, Sweden
KitMaker: 6,693 posts
Armorama: 5,562 posts
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2018 - 08:57 AM UTC
Very little time left and my attempts at fixing the holes in the tank of my compressor have failed.
I don't want to paint with a hairy brush so I will concede defeat.
Congratulations to all who finished in time

A leaking compressor tank is a really depressing sound ....
The plan B for resurrecting my compressor from the dead includes an old fire extinguisher. I have the parts already so now I really need to start working on the assembly.

The next campaign deadline is coming up in three weeks time ....

/ Robin
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, June 01, 2018 - 10:12 AM UTC
Looks like time's up on this one. Congrats to those who finished and condolences to those (like me) who didn't! Ribbons have been awarded, so if you didn't get one and think you should have, let me know.

See you around the vehicle park!

Michael
 _GOTOTOP