Hosted by Darren Baker
Tamiya 1/48 Wishlist
peapodkid
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 02:52 AM UTC
Well, Tamiya seems to be VERY serious about it support of their quarter scale venture, and kicked the range off with kits they'd never done in 1/35 (a brilliant move). So then, were we to present a wishlist of future releases to Tamiya, what might you include?

They've made a good move in releasing figures and accessories fairly early and I'd like to see them continue in that direction, scaling down some of there later German and Russian sets.

For vehicles, I'd like more light tanks and scout cars, possibly the various SP guns built off French chassis.

And how about a FAMO tractor or a Dragon Wagon?

Comments?
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 02:55 AM UTC
Just the usual suspects:

British tanks and vehicles

French tanks and vehicles

Japanese tanks and vehicles

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 02:56 AM UTC
I would like them to produce NEW figure sets in1/48th along with vehices which are new (i.e. NOT-scaled down) 1/35th kits. Not too much to ask for.

How about the 251 series, some softskins and Armored Cars?...Jim
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 03:06 AM UTC
I'd like to see modern armor in 1/48 scale. The small size would make dioramas a little easier. It would be easier to display a platoon of Abrams tanks in 1/48 scale without being as miniscule as 1/72 scale.

Additionally, small scale modern support vehicles like the HMMWV, FMTV, HEMTT would be nice (HETT too, but would be really big).
MikeMummey
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 672 posts
Armorama: 653 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 03:31 AM UTC
Put me down for a modern Citreon and some Middle East brick walls. Out here.
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 03:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I would like them to produce NEW figure sets in1/48th along with vehices which are new (i.e. NOT-scaled down) 1/35th kits. Not too much to ask for.

I haven't done any armor or figures in 1/48 yet, but it's really cheap from Tamiya to just scale down 1/35 figs and sell them again.

I looked at a couple of reviews and it's good that they at least did new weapons for their figure sets. Some figs from the german boxed set look like the 70's offerings, I could recognize some of the figs 'cause I remember having bought a set of those. In 1/35, when compared to latest models, they're just rubbish. They might be passable when scaled down to quarter scale, but still. Come on, mr. Big T.
Create something NEW.
crossracer
Visit this Community
Delaware, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 116 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 03:52 AM UTC
I had a chance at AMPS to talk to the owner of Tiger Molds. He toold me he had a corrected sherman chassis on his desk and it should be out in about a month or two. also they were not going into 1/48 however one of his big names he deals with was, in abig time. Unfortunally my ADHD kicked in and i can't remmeber the name. LOL I will email him and ask him.
' Bill
rbeebe99
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 540 posts
Armorama: 388 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 04:05 AM UTC
I would really like to see artillery pieces done, all nations.Particularly the 88, and I think a 48th scale 88 done well would make an attractive desk ornament. Other than that I say bring it on for everything else. Whether 48th is here to stay or just passing through, it is certainly making some people happy and happy modelers are good people :-)
Regards,
Robert
drabslab
Visit this Community
European Union
KitMaker: 2,186 posts
Armorama: 190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 04:11 AM UTC
What about some airport defence systems, SAM missiles, the famous Hawk, radarequipment, jeeps, ...

1/48 promises the combination of vehicles and airplanes, or helicopters.

At last a decent possibility to make dioramas of the life aound an airfield... that is if Tamiya and competition hear my prayers, of course!
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 12:14 PM UTC
I'm sure I could find a few places for a few Jeeps, two and a half ton trucks, 3/4 tons trucks, a quarter scale Harley would be cool. Some decent figures. Some British subjects would be nice, a Bedford, bren carrier, dingo, a morris, and the list goes on...... :-) :-) :-)
I pretty sure the softskins would be good sellers especially with the aircraft guys buying them also for their dioramas.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:10 PM UTC
Bandai Jeeps stayed pretty easy to get in either the original or Frog/Fuman packages. Verlinden did a resin Jeep too.
Art
Visit this Community
Michigan, United States
KitMaker: 604 posts
Armorama: 318 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:28 PM UTC
Figures of all types, including civilians/partisans; accessories(lamposts, window/door frames, etc.); artillery; bicycles; furniture; motorcycles and just about anything else that will help revive 1/48 (I built some of the Bandai stuff and I kinda miss it).

Art
generalzod
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3,172 posts
Armorama: 2,495 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:42 PM UTC
I see on the Perth site that Tamiya is releasing an M4A1 Would be nice to see that version with the M3 style bogies A 2.5T GMC truck would be great as well
peapodkid
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 - 01:53 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sure I could find a few places for a few Jeeps, two and a half ton trucks, 3/4 tons trucks, a quarter scale Harley would be cool. Some decent figures. Some British subjects would be nice, a Bedford, bren carrier, dingo, a morris, and the list goes on...... :-) :-) :-)
I pretty sure the softskins would be good sellers especially with the aircraft guys buying them also for their dioramas.

Bren Carrier MkII is already on the release list.
 _GOTOTOP