Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Humvees-start your engines!-Official Thread
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 11:55 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gentlemen!
I have a problem: I lost one of the headlights of my Humvee. Would it be possible that one of you might be in possession of an extra one?
Thank you...

Which kit are you building?? I have about 4 hummers Im building and contemplating. I think I have a set from an academy kit in the spares box. I will have to look tonight to be sure though. Let me know which kit you have. One other alternative would be making a "cover" for the headlight and missing headlight out of round styrene and painting it black. I have seen black covers over many of the humvee's headlights, and some guys even tape them up with masking tape so as not to reflect.
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 01:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi ,

Progress update on OIF crew and vehicle

I'm Halfway through on the Migs M1114 detail set.

Jeff,How are you finding M1114 detail set

The calibre 35 weighted wheels are definitely look the part

I like your humvee. I was wondering if anyone was making any progress. Where did you buy your set of wheels?

I haven't been able to work on it since I'm in college right now. About the next time I'll be able to work on it is in December. As for the kit, I like it for the most part. I've never done a full resin conversion, so this is a big step, but outside of the headlight housing and the windshield housing, I like it. The quality of the resin is great.

Here is my link for my in progress build.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/80932#673778
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 03:05 AM UTC
Well, my Maxi-ambulance should be here in a couple of days (if its not already at the post office). With almost exactly 2 months to build it, I should be able to finish it before the deadline. I'll enlist and give you one more entry as soon as I pick up the kit.
Removed by original poster on 11/01/06 - 18:36:17 (GMT).
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 03:43 PM UTC
Hi Jeff,

I got the wheels from a local hobby show QMHE06 in Brisbane as well as the M1114 detail set.
The detail and casting quality is exceptional but.
I suggest you test fit the doors against the upper resin half of the cab .
I've found the doors to be a little over scale .
I was referring to the set of plans on the m1114 which comes in the concord publication "HMMWV'S in Iraq" .
Excellent book !
I had a looksee in your gallery .Keep up the good work .
I look forward to seeing more progress photos

Happy modelling

I haven't been able to work on it since I'm in college right now. About the next time I'll be able to work on it is in December. As for the kit, I like it for the most part. I've never done a full resin conversion, so this is a big step, but outside of the headlight housing and the windshield housing, I like it. The quality of the resin is great.

Here is my link for my in progress build.
https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/80932#673778[/quote]
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 06:59 PM UTC
Michael. If you want, the Technical Manual for the M1114 is available online with pictures (diagrams really, but useful nonetheless). The is what I am using as reference, as well as a bunch of pictures I've picked up from various sources. If you click on the link below, seach "M1114" under "Pub Title Text". Its the first result of the search ("OPERATORS MANUAL FOR TRUCK, UTILITY: S250 SHELTER CARRIER, 4X4, M1113 (NSN 2320-01-412-0143) (EIC: B6B), TRUCK, UTILITY: UP-ARMORED C 4X4, M1114 (2320-01-413-3739)(EIC: B6C) "). It is a large PDF, so beware.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewsearchform&CFID=847380&CFTOKEN=91c3d55aa94a63ab-83EA3615-CB5C-B853-65A2337C4B26FDD2

Jeff
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 12:22 AM UTC
Its good to see people are building lots of interesting models! Theres still plenty of time to get them done and even perhaps start another one! My Dumvee model still has a long way to go some I really must get to work on it soon as I want to finish it in time. Keep up the good work guys and post your progress, I'll try and take some snaps of mine in the next few days.
spongya
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 01, 2006 - 07:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gentlemen!
I have a problem: I lost one of the headlights of my Humvee. Would it be possible that one of you might be in possession of an extra one?
Thank you...

Which kit are you building?? I have about 4 hummers Im building and contemplating. I think I have a set from an academy kit in the spares box. I will have to look tonight to be sure though. Let me know which kit you have. One other alternative would be making a "cover" for the headlight and missing headlight out of round styrene and painting it black. I have seen black covers over many of the humvee's headlights, and some guys even tape them up with masking tape so as not to reflect.

Thank you. I have the academy it. How does the cover look like? (My hummer is a "civilized" version -I always joked that I'll give a hummer to my significant other... With the school decals, licence plate, etc. This one at least doesn't eat gas...)
troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 02:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gentlemen!
Thank you...

Thank you. I have the academy it. How does the cover look like? (My hummer is a "civilized" version -I always joked that I'll give a hummer to my significant other... With the school decals, licence plate, etc. This one at least doesn't eat gas...)

HI Andras, I have a set of Academy headlights if you need them. PM me your address and I'll get them out to you in the mail. The cover kind of remind me of those old "Black Outs" that used to be popular on cars back in the 80s and 90s. Theyre simply round like the headlights, big enough to cover the lenses and black in color.
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 05:16 PM UTC
[
https://www.logsa.army.mil/etms/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewsearchform&CFID=847380&CFTOKEN=91c3d55aa94a63ab-83EA3615-CB5C-B853-65A2337C4B26FDD2

Hi Jeff,

I went to the site but theres no access?

I'm still checkin the internet as I go to pick up any valauable references .

Thanks for the link

Cheers
Michael
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
Posted: Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 08:10 PM UTC
ok, here is the deal. Its a government access, so there is an disclaimer page that my link attempted to bypass.

https://www.logsa.army.mil/pubs.htm

Click on the link, scroll down to Electronic Training Manuals Online. Agree to the disclaimer, Click on "Enter the site" (you should not need to request access as non of what you are looking at is classified. And then continue with the directions and search criteria tha tI mentioned earlier. Sorry about the confusion. At the very least, having the link and the pdf is incredibly useful..

Jeff
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
Armorama: 1,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 07:34 AM UTC
Click here for my Humvee in-progress thread. I'm getting close to final assembly and weathering after quite a while of slow but steady progress.
Removed by original poster on 11/05/06 - 11:14:26 (GMT).
DeskJockey
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 1,558 posts
Armorama: 1,159 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 09:16 AM UTC
Oh, Jeff--thanks for posting the link to the TM site. That's going to come in very handy quite often!
Tobar
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 192 posts
Armorama: 96 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:20 AM UTC
Getting Somewhere with my Hummer Gun Truck,
Most all the painting is done, I just need to add all the
small detail parts and glueing.
I will weather this truck pretty heavy.
MIG pigments and washings..

mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:38 AM UTC
Wow Tom she looks awesome, love what you did with the brass. Your weathering is super. How did you achieve the rusting affect along with the marking on the plates.

Joe
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 99 posts
Armorama: 98 posts
Posted: Friday, November 10, 2006 - 05:40 PM UTC
hey rob,this is my first campain,how do i get my photos on so people can look at them?im builing a OP cargo humvee from OIF 2003.
so any help would be a greatly appreciated.
Johnston_RCR
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 470 posts
Armorama: 367 posts
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2006 - 10:59 AM UTC
I will post pictures tomorrow in a sepeate thread of my progress so far. My maxi-ambulance just arrived this morning (apparantly the....intellectually challenged post office workers here cant read a simple "Apartment 303" just because it is a centimeter out of where it usually is because of the spacing on the label address).

I spent most of the afternoon working on it, and will do more tomorrow. So I will take picturesa of how it is now, plus how it looks tomorrow night, then when its done, final pictures in here.
troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 08:52 PM UTC
Well, here are some pictures of the latest humvee. This one was based on an actual photo. The humvee itself is basically done except for some more weathering needed on the tires. But I wont do that untill I paint the base so that the sand color of the base matches the dust on the tires.

The lighting could have been better, but I took these last night in kind of a hurry. Sorry Rob, Ive been meaning to get you these pics a lot sooner, just havent had the chance.
troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 09:00 PM UTC
And here are some pictures of my progress on Humvee #2. This one is a mix of parts from both Tamiya, Calibre 35, eduard photo etc, and the Academy M998 IED, along with some scratch building and bits and pieces from the scrap box.

I made the roof rack out of styrene and extra mesh. I am making the roof removable. It is a shame to glue it on, because then you cant see hardly any of the interior details like the SINCGARS, the seat belts, dash, etc. I added a lot of scratch built details to this one. The springs and shocks for the suspension are made out of ball point pen springs and styrene rod and tubing. I was going to try to cut and pin the control arms to give this thing a working suspension, but I just couldnt make it fly. The steering system has also been reworked so that the front tires are actually "turned" to show a little more of the tire detail from the MIG tires. Also, there is a scratch built cable for the winch, machine gun mount and sheild for the m240, body side armor, and reinforced floor plate in the bed for additional IED protection. I got a lot of work done this weekend (after I took those pictures). I should be done with the thing by the end of next weekend if all goes well. See you guys later!
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 09:32 PM UTC
can anyone help me,im trying to get my pictures on the forum,what do i do?
troubble27
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 09:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

can anyone help me,im trying to get my pictures on the forum,what do i do?

Assuming your kitmaker account is working, here is the easiest way to post your pictures.

1) upload your pictures to your account on kitmaker.
2) Open armorama.com in a new window, and start to create your post.
3) when you click on one of your photos, you will see underneath the photo an "IBB" code. It should start with an "img" code in the beginning and the end. Highlight and copy that code.
4) return to your post on armorama in the second window.
5) right click in your post and click "paste". That will post your code to the forum. Then just finish adding img codes or typing and finish your post. Hope that helps
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:51 PM UTC
thanks very much mate,ill give it a go now.hope yourbuild is going well im bout half way thourgh.im doing a cargo hummve from op telic 2003.
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:55 PM UTC
Hi Gareth, sorry I havent replied sooner ive only just noticed the updates to this thread. The way that I find is easiest to post pics is go sign up to photobucket.com and they give you a massive amount of image hosting space, its really simple to use. Once you sign up upload some pics of you model. YOu can either post them in this thread or it might be best to start a thread in the main campaign forum or the afv forum of your model, simply copy the image URL below the thumbnails on your photobucket page, you to your thread and hit the basic HTML (img) logo, where it says html enter image here, you simply copy the image url from your photobucket page. It sounds complicated but its really very simply and you get much more image space with photobucket than on a kitmaker profile. If you ahev any questions feel free to send me a pm.

Gary-Your Marine recon humvee looks really ace! I love all the little details, and the crew figures are spot on. The guntruck is also looking very good. Remember all those humvee ideas I proposed I would do, well ive not even finished on yet! oops!
GnrSebs2414
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:56 PM UTC
thanks very much mate,ill give that a go now,so hopefuly you will see my build.Hows yours going?
im building a cargo OP Telic2003 you?