Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Humvees-start your engines!-Official Thread
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 05:27 PM UTC
OK, I did post a thread about this campaign a while ago but it was all spelt wrong and just ended up us joking about how bad my spelling was.

Now that the campaign has begun I thought i'd get another thread up and going for people who have questions and did no see the first thread or have only just found out about this campaign.

Im very pleased about with the amount on interest so far in this campaign, hopefully we will see lots of amazing humvees very soon. If anyone needs any pictures of humvees for reference etc drop me an email as I have a rather nice walkaround of humvee I did last year, ive also got plenty of found images of Humvees for anyone interested. I might perhaps start a thread on the armor forum for people to post pics of the real things for reference and so we can build up a small achieve of shots for those less experianced at modelling or those who do not have as much reference.

Lets get those Humvees started!......(hey I fhink I spelt eveyfing koreckt :-) :-) )
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 05:32 PM UTC
It would appear to be the norm for such a thread as this to end the title with-''official thread'' so perhaps the ed could edit the title to say this instead of ''start your engines''.

cheers!
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 352 posts
Armorama: 238 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 07:13 PM UTC
right........as this is my first campaign, is this where we post WIPs as well?

I'm already underway............
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 07:44 PM UTC
Yes you can post WIP here, you can also post in the armor forum or as an individual thread on this campaign forum-thats what ive done in previous campaigns.
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:22 PM UTC
Uuupps. You spelled "experienced" as "experianced" in your first message, so it's not completely korreckt... (No offense meant)

What I really was to say was I have nearly all the Humvees from Academy in my stash and I am undecided about which one to built. I'm keen on building a Humvee from Gulf, so I might need reference with those. I'm all confused with all those different vehicles, some are Euro Nato camuflaged, others look painted for the Gulf, yet others look Euro Nato with tan colored ID markings and stuff. Plus I couldn't find decent pictures which drives me crazy. I would really really appreciate decent reference pictures.
dexter059
Visit this Community
Region de Valparaiso, Chile
KitMaker: 1,569 posts
Armorama: 1,385 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 09:15 AM UTC
OK Rob, I´m in.....I´m going to build a Tamiya M1025 modified to (guess what....) a chilean vehicle. :-) Some scratch will have to be done, but will be fun.....

Cheers and good luck
troubble27
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 783 posts
Armorama: 637 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 09:57 AM UTC
Hey Rob,

Started the Gun truck yesterday morning. IM finished with the chassis and some minor odds and ends. Next will be the kit bashed Tamiya / Academy M998 IED, and lastly will be "Amazing Grace" from ODS. If anyone has any interest in doing a destroyed humvee, Ive got some good referance pictures for the asking. Have fun guys, talk to ya soon!

Gary
unprofor
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 254 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 03:09 PM UTC
He Rob!
How about a white humvee?

It's a US M*A*S*H Humvee that was based in zagreb 1993.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 05:35 PM UTC
I will build the Revell 1/72 scale HMMWV as one of the vehicles I've had assigned to me. Unsure of which one right now, that will probably depend on what I feel like when painting and decaling.
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 07:57 PM UTC
well my official entry:

M998 cargo version, Operation Desert Storm, 82nd Airborne.

Old Skool
USArmy2534
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 2,716 posts
Armorama: 1,864 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 11:41 PM UTC
At the moment, I will do an 2005-early 2006 M1114 conversion off Tamiya's M1025 using the Mig Productions conversion, scratchbuilding the turret ring armor (anyone have sketches/diminsions?) and possibly the front armor plate unless I pony up $20 more dollars (plus S&H) to get the Blast models set.

I'm not going to enlist in the campaign until I am sure I'll be able to do it in time before I have to go back to school.

Jeff
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 04:07 AM UTC
Sounds good guys! Ive goy my Tamiya Humvee base kits coming in the post. The first 2 will be a Humvee Avenger from OIF and maybe an M998 guntruck using Verlinden M998 conversion and Tamiya kit with some scratchbuilt armor etc. After they are complete I will track down some more Tamiya Humvees and build a Dumvee and M1114-if I get the money I will do the M1114 first and the M998 later.

I hate waiting for them to arrive in the post-I want them now. I think this will end up being a very costly campain for me, here is what I need:-
4x Mig Aggressive wheels sets
1xMig M1114
2x Pro art sincgars radios
3xEduard etch sets
4xTamiya M1025's
1x Pro art Dumvee
Lots of spares and im sure I will end up needing other stuff aswell.
Happy building all!
mother
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,836 posts
Armorama: 1,370 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 10:58 AM UTC
Hey Rob,
I haven't started yet, but I do have most of the items needed. I'll be using a Tamiya Hummer along with Pro Arts HUMVEE hard top. I will scratch build most including the side armor. I plan on cutting in a gunner ring. The only thing left for me to get is a set of resin tires. Here's what I'm after,

afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 03:21 PM UTC
Thye look real cool Joe! This will be an interesting Humvee, it looks like they have new wing mirror attachments.
romeo100
Visit this Community
Niedersachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 05:13 PM UTC
Hello folks,
as a former combat medic and ambulance squad leader ( German Army ) i will build an up-armored M997 ambulance from academy.
The tires i will made by selfmade resincopies.

greetz

Thomas
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 06:42 PM UTC
I'll be converting a Tamiya M1025 to an open topped M998 using the Calibre35 conversion set for the cross bars. ProArt Singars, Blast wheels/tires, and I may steal the seats from my MIG M1114 conversion set (since I plan on doing that one buttoned up), scratchbuilt seatbelts, etc. Right now I figure I'm about 1/3 of the way done already.

Not sure of the color scheme yet, NATO or Desert?

Dave S.
Epi
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 3,586 posts
Armorama: 2,556 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 07:03 PM UTC
Well, my modeling has come to a slow crawl since i moved into the new apartment. I didn't get to finish my Bradley for the Modern Armor Campaign so hopefully I can finish what I am gonna do for this campaign.

I have the MIG M1114 conversion on the bench plus some scratch built stuff to go on it. I got the Airborne Miniuatures 1/35 "Door Busters" figure set and the Verlinden Iraq Gate/Fence and Ruined Building. I am gonna try a put all these together in a small dio over the next few months.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 08:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Rob,
I haven't started yet, but I do have most of the items needed. I'll be using a Tamiya Hummer along with Pro Arts HUMVEE hard top. I will scratch build most including the side armor. I plan on cutting in a gunner ring. The only thing left for me to get is a set of resin tires. Here's what I'm after,

Really cool Joe. I am building one of these variations also.
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 01:27 PM UTC
Forgot to say, I'm using the Calibre 35 resin update for the M998. I had the Verlinden one, but decided the C35 one had more accurate details....however, the resin is soooo delicate and there are some warped parts........

Ever feel you have too much information? Got lots of books but that online tech manual means I know everything! And that can be a bad thing!!!!
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 03:16 PM UTC
Hey Rob what online tech manuals are you using? Ive got a few in my bookmarks folder but they take ages to search through and find what I need, perhaps you have something I dont??
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 04:56 PM UTC
not at home now so don't have the link avaiable. It is the big one with everything in it; quite a bit of searching involved and printed out a lot, despite having the verlinden kit and proart I still scratchbuilt the aircon thing in the footwell of the passenger seat because, well, I have the drawings!!

I'll post the link later so we can compare....
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:16 PM UTC
http://www.tpub.com/content/hummer/TM-9-2320-280-20-3/

this is the tech manual page I've used a lot
afv_rob
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:59 PM UTC
Thanks Rob, thats the one ive got in my favorites, ive just never bothered to spend ages searching through, altgough I think I might now as there are some useful images there, especially for the engine-mm maybe i'll add CMK's engine to one of mine
RobH
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 07:28 PM UTC
it's a real case of persevering with it, seems theres always the technical breakdown or two on a couple of pages, then the useful exploded view line drawing elsewhere.
Dixon66
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 1,500 posts
Armorama: 289 posts
Posted: Friday, July 07, 2006 - 10:34 PM UTC

Thanks for posting the link, I didn't have that one.

Dave S.