_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
Looking for Unteroffizier Heide
liptonbbj
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 10 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 03:38 AM UTC
I am looking for a special fígure, If anyone have been reading "Sven Hazel" they would for sure know "Julius Heide" but if they haven't i can tell that he is the kind of soldier who is in the army for just being a soldier, dont care what he fights for just likes being a soldier. His gear is always on the right places and shines, even tho he was just in battle.
The situation: standing on guard with binocular (which i could make myself it its not in the box set) in a ditch/trench with his friends for a break somewhere in russia, and he is a german Straf-abteilung(wehrmacht punish company) soldier (in WW2)

I have now been looking over 500 models but i haevnt been able to find such. maybe anyone could help? and btw it has to be a model in www.netmerchants.co.uk 's store

- Thanks!
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 12:51 PM UTC
Since characterisation isn't one of Sven Hassel's strong points (neither is consistency, I'm pretty sure Heide has been both blond and black-haired) then there aren't really any limits on your choice. Pick a figure that has the right sort of pose and appeals to your imagination.

As an example of what you could select, how about the Dragon Approach to Stalingrad set

Dragon set

Some static figures in early/mid-war uniforms, and since they're plastic, there's less worry about messing about with the poses than with more expensive resin figures.
liptonbbj
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 02:34 PM UTC
ok thanks

woaw plastic is a whole lot cheaper then resin
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 05:15 PM UTC
Hi Bjørn,

Are you looking for any particular scale? Early-, mid-, late-Eastern Front?

You might also want to post your query over on Historicus Forma, Armorama's historical miniatures sister site.

Rudi
spooky6
Visit this Community
Sri Lanka
KitMaker: 2,174 posts
Armorama: 582 posts
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 05:17 PM UTC
Since you haven't mentioned a particular scale, Bjorn, have you considered 1/16? The larger size would give you lots of chances to personalize the fig. These figs (especially the first one) from Tamiya should give you lots of opportunity to depict your hero:

Both kits come with MP40s as alternatives to the MG42, if you don't want a machine-gunner.
liptonbbj
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Monday, July 03, 2006 - 10:59 PM UTC
those figures actualy looks perfect David...unfortunantly its 1:36 (which i should have written)

theme is Easternfront '43
Hohenstaufen
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,192 posts
Armorama: 1,615 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 01:14 AM UTC
Bjorn, from what I recall of the old Sven Hassel stories (avidly read as a schoolboy), the unit they belonged to was usually descibed as 27th Panzer Regiment, & some of the books have them manning Tigers. This unit did really exist, & as a Panzer Regiment one would expect them to wear the black Panzer uniform. So you could use one of the numerous Panzer figures available, eg Tamiya Panzer Crew @ Rest, Dragon's Kursk survivors, etc. You'll need to swap heads & arms around, & add equipment of course.
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 01:30 AM UTC
Wow long time since i read Sven Hassel`s books,are you aware that only the first book was written by Sven so i would go by this book for reference
to Julius heide.The rest of the books were written by the publishers under license.I think legion of the damned was his first book.
liptonbbj
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 02:38 AM UTC
Sven wrote one of the books himself. the others were written by someone from Svens notes, BECAUSE, my grandfather told my father and me that sven couldnt have given more precise describtion of the places from Hamburg, berlin etc etc. sure he made up something, it has to be exciting all the book thru, but he was there. (hehe one of the inns sven describes a horse walking around drinking from the guests beer, and my grandfather was actually in that very inn and he saw that very horse)

Anyway to the answer about if they were in 27 panzer regiment; - They were in a punishment batalion (FGA) so they were not only tank crew, they were also used for infantry and much else.

but thanks for the responds from ya all
 _GOTOTOP