_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
My new T-55 has arrived!
Tiger101
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 902 posts
Armorama: 628 posts
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2003 - 09:26 AM UTC
There are some modelers who'll tell you not to trust another modeler's work as reference
True statment but you have to start somewhere. You seem to have done your homework on this one. Talking to a former T-55 tanker and all.

Tanks for responding. I'm holding off finishing my Trumpeter T-55 with BTU 55. I'm going to use it as a test bed for my Tamyia T-55. Looking foward to your future postings.

Thanks much.
sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 11:18 AM UTC

Gunnie,

i have emailed you a few photos of my under construction T55. If there is anyway you could post them to this tread, I would appreciate it!

Steve
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 11:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gunnie,

i have emailed you a few photos of my under construction T55. If there is anyway you could post them to this tread, I would appreciate it!

Steve

I sent you a reply e-mail. I'll upload them here either tonight (depending on whether or not my wife hijacks me) or tomorrow morning (before she arises - and hijacks me).

Gunnie
GunTruck
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2003 - 03:47 PM UTC
Here's Sniper's T-55 for your viewing pleasure! Hope you enjoy it! If I was Moderator of this section of the Forum, I'd be able to change the title of this thread to "A Tale of Two T-55's".

Gunnie

sniper
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,065 posts
Armorama: 508 posts
Posted: Monday, March 24, 2003 - 04:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Here's Sniper's T-55 for your viewing pleasure! Hope you enjoy it! If I was Moderator of this section of the Forum, I'd be able to change the title of this thread to "A Tale of Two T-55's".

Gunnie

Thanks for posting these!

Sorry about the quality of the photos. I think some of the subtle weathering is lost while some of the weathering seems more pronounced. The rust is more subtle when using the eye, it is not nearly so bright red.

But, I did my best to make really disturbed paint, multiple washes, etc.

Hopefully, I can get my tracks soon and put them together. I actually think I'm going to do another one of these and make the changes I feel I have left out.

Steve
 _GOTOTOP