Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Clervaux - the village
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 07:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

whats next on the diorama?
martyn

Thank you Martyn! For the answer of your question,please see 5 cm above your question
James, of course, nowhere else to go anymore.
Thank you Dennis, after all this years (already) of building this i am always very happy to attract new posters and such comments mean a lot to me (who wouldn't be flattered) and really is a big part of the motivation to push forward (im not talking about the "god" part)
Hi Nico, thanks to you, glad you like the vegetation, it's more than 1 meter and believe me, there is plenty of stuff going into this, more than you notice.

Claude
Abydos
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 231 posts
Armorama: 225 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 08:00 AM UTC
Wow…… Claude you are truly a master at this craft. What can I say; I hope you are planning to write a book or manual on this! I like the details, such as the watering can, the dog leash, the old mans cane, the door on the house with the stained glass and the rabbit cages. Not to mention the wires and the insulators. You truly capture a feeling with your work, along with a presents. The trees are awesome; they must have taken you some time eh? The truck looks original and authentic!
Its great to see someone who enjoys his work and takes pride in it to make sure all the detail is correct. Keep up the fantastic work Claude … it makes all of the rest of us work harder and enjoy the hobby more… Thank you for posting the pics!
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 08:07 AM UTC
Hi Cladue,

Brillient work, it's a real pleasure watching this develop.

Al
jvazquez
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 857 posts
Armorama: 811 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 09:04 AM UTC
WOW!!

((Bows in awe))

Amazing work!

I don't know if this inspires me more or just makes we want to just quit this all together knowing I'm not worthy!!
docdios
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,998 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 10:03 AM UTC
wow a serious labour of love going on here. I have to say watching this develop has been a real pleasure.

Keep up the good work

cheers

keith
Fagester
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 05:30 PM UTC
This diorama needs to be in a museum or on public display somewhere. It's amazing.

Keep up the good work.
Petran
Visit this Community
Thessaloniki, Greece / Ελλάδα
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 07:26 PM UTC
You are the master!
Halaci
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 223 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 07:57 PM UTC
Yeah, it's great to hear that you are a mediocre painter... my figures looks much better, the problem is that I always wake up

Fantastic job, from the concept to the smallest details. I like the GI - grandpa duo very much, the poses of the two figures are superb, in fact they could live indepentendtly on a small vignette. You should really display the whole complex when it will be ready somewhere open to the public to let people amaze. Gratulation!
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 08:54 PM UTC
Thanks to you all! You already made my day!

I will do my best to continue like this or even do a bit better.

Cheers
Claude

cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 10:54 PM UTC
Claude, it has been a great pleasure to have watched this develop from a few flat boards in the basement, your designs and dreams, to the end product you now have.
I'm not going to wow and drool and gasp at your work, your head will surely become as large as the build and you'll never get either out of the basement l.o.l.
This is truely a masterpiece and everywhere one looks style, craftmanship, skill and beauty abounds !!!!
The tree across the duce is outstanding, the interacting figs. and dog in the new module fantastic.
Don't worry about the old oil drum color - I personally love it.
So often we look at b/w reference pics. and forget that outside of military subjects - yes there is color in the world - even back during WWII. Some God forbid even - yes " bright " colors.
I'm proud to have been a very, very small part [ as Clervaux's electrician , l.o.l. ]. The electric work on the buildings came out beautiful and are correct in every way as far as I can see. The Aber insulators look nice !!!
Most of all though I'm happy and proud to have made a good friend along your long journey on this project.

Ok enough of that, where's the pics of the next module, l.o.l.

Glenn
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:25 AM UTC
Please Glenn, stop it, you make me cry . But thanks a lot!

The Picture of the next module is a a lot of wood and styrodur for the moment, nothing worth showing for the moment. I will let everyone take a breath after this and start a new blog in some time.

How is your modelling going on? You must have arms like a wrestler now with your retirement job and having difficulties holding fragile Balsa wood.
By the way, if you want to free up some space in your Photobucket gallery, you can delete the electricity pics, i saved them all. (and know a bit how it works now)

Cheers
Claude
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,548 posts
Armorama: 1,407 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 01:21 AM UTC
Sorry Claude i didnt notice that!

Great!! Verlinden do Escaping U.S tank crew because I know you prefer working with Resin Figures. This is my favourite diorama ever! I look forward to more!

Martyn
Owsi
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 35 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 09:02 AM UTC
As others have rightfully said, this is incredible work. I remember being blown away in the 80's by the book Superdioramas and the size of the work featured. This is just the same, except that each of your modules seem to be about the same size as the individual dioramas from the book. My hat is off to you Claude for the superb work and as someone who truly knows how to eat an elephant. (One bite at a time for those of us who don't.)

Matt
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 10:17 AM UTC
Simply breathtaking. Nothing else to say, other than breathtaking...
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:56 PM UTC
Well Claude,
I can't add anything that has not already been said...This build is truly amazing!
I dragged my wife and kid in to see it because I felt it HAD to be seen by more people.
A masterpiece!!!

Cheers,
BillK.
animal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4,503 posts
Armorama: 3,159 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 12:58 PM UTC
Man this is one of the best dio's I have seen in a long time. Your work is simply superb. Bravo and three cheers
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 06:30 PM UTC
Thank you! Nothing better to start the day!

I'm realy flattered and more motivated as ever to continue.

Cheers
Claude
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 08:57 PM UTC
Hello Claude, since some months I looked into the build-blog of your breath-taking dio.
Thats really an amazing work! Good job!

Soeren
madmax5510
Visit this Community
Hunedoara, Romania
KitMaker: 354 posts
Armorama: 343 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 01:12 AM UTC
Extraordinary work!!!!The most perfect work what i"ve seen!!
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 04:02 AM UTC
Congratulations Claude on reaching this stage of the work,i believe there are many other modellers out there that could match the skill but i wouldnt bet there are many that would have the staying power and disipline to see it through like you have done,i think you should now go and have a beer and celebrate your great work .

All the best

Steve
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 10:43 AM UTC
Thanks guys,

You are right Steve, at least the size of it keeps it above the mass of other dios.
You are also right about the beer, i'm just back from a couple of them, good belgian beers, but tomorrow i will start with the first building of the new module.

Cheers
Claude
martyncrowther
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,548 posts
Armorama: 1,407 posts
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 - 11:16 AM UTC
Great looking forward to them CLaude

Martyn
Geezer34
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 05:46 PM UTC
Steve 1969 - your list of qualities - skill, staying power, discipline left out imagination. Many of us have one or more of these talents, but to have them all, that is rare. I think I suffer from an over supply of imagination - sort of the Don Quixote syndrome - getting on my horse and riding off in all directions! I can think of dozens of diorama ideas, and I keep accumulating the bits and pieces, but rarely get to finish the job.
Claude has shown us what can be done when it all comes together - both a challenge and an inspiration!
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 06:51 PM UTC
Gday Claude. So this is what you have been working on!
Not bad mate, not bad.
Just superb. The funny thing is looking at the shots of the 'village' module, I was impressed with the size and scope of the work. But then you join it to the castle, and boy do you get a sense of size! There was a photo shot over the wall to the castle that shows so much depth in the display.
Great job
brad
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 - 11:07 PM UTC
Hi Claude,

Somehow I missed the last section of pics with the 2 modules joined. Seriously impressive build, something to be extremely proud of. The time, detail, and workmanship you've put into to this shine through at every point.

It's been a pleasure to watch, informative and highly motivating, there are years of looking in what you've done so far, something interesting at every turn.

Looking forward very much to the next stage, cracking work.

Cheers

Al