Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
Clervaux - the village
ausboarder
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 12:45 PM UTC
it is so great..
i have nothing to say !
AWESOME work!

smithy
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 01:10 PM UTC
Gday Claude
Been a while since I stopped in to visit, and boy, has there been some inspiring work done! This building looks exquisite. You mention possibly having a civilian at the top of the stairs, but gee, I'd be reluctant to cover any detail of the landing there with a person! Just below the landing with head slightly bowed, trudging up the last couple of steps acting as you mentioned...
Keep us informed and entertained mate
Brad
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
KitMaker: 2,406 posts
Armorama: 2,224 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 07:28 PM UTC
Hi guys, superb comments , thank you very much, considering that myself have a few points i am less satisfied with :-)

Bradley, it is exactly what i wish to do, adding details, but not make them something special or highlight them. They should blend in as normal. If a guy is going to partially hide a detail, so be it, that's life. In this case, there will not be a problem to see all the details because the viewer will be right in front of the guy, so i slight change of viewing angle will reveal all the details.
The angle of the house will make it nearly impossible to see the front of the house with the big,green doors. In the planned Monster dio, photos of it will be one major factor and thus all the details needed.

Thanks and have a nice weekend

Claude

guygantic
Visit this Community
Antwerpen, Belgium
KitMaker: 7,084 posts
Armorama: 970 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 07:54 PM UTC
Claude my man, F A N T A S T I C ! ! ! This will be just great. I could not find any mistake, it's just top work ! Beautiful colors too. Greetz from the Belgian builder Guy(gantic).
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 07:59 PM UTC
great work as always Claude, you have got the best of the tricks to build your houses.
There is just something that makes me smile: it's the amount of time and love you've been putting in this house which is basically a very grey, dull and charmless one But then your special input into it makes it lovable, so that's a real congratulations once more and not fo the last time!
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 09:01 PM UTC
Thanks guys,

Hey, what are you doing here a Saturday morning? Would'nt it be a good time to build on your models?

Jean-Bernard, i defintely need to lighten up my colours for the next houses.
Most diorama houses are set in some bombed-out metropoles or industrial city scenes, so dark houses are a good idea here, but not in the cosy Ardennes City Clervaux.
Here is a picture of the town taken two months later, in Jan45.

nothing really dark.
I can't make colourful scandinavian huts, but to do the colours a bit lighter is a goal i have.

Cheers
Claude

PS.: for those interested, the text under the picture is luxembourgish in the special dialect of the people of Clervaux, a bit different from my own.

endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 09:42 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey, what are you doing here a Saturday morning? Would'nt it be a good time to build on your models?

What am I doing here? I'm looking at pictures showing your work and finding out that my model making has no sense at all... ... Man... you're good...
I just have to clean the floor and I promise to work a little on my model .

Great job, Claude. I really love to step here from time to time to see what is the progress. I'm stunned every time...

Andrzej
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 10:47 PM UTC
Hi Claude. Great work and great progress. I enjoyed the latest addition ... the house is excellent and keeps the high standards. Congrats on the two-parter in AFV Modeller .. have both magazines, so I can take a look when I want. Hopefully this will lead to another two-parter in the future. Cheers.
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,864 posts
Armorama: 303 posts
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2008 - 11:00 PM UTC
Hi Claude,
I have been following but have not replied,the reason is there is nothing i can say that hasnt already been said about your build,so i will just offer my ongoing support for this inspiring project.

Steve
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 12:15 AM UTC
Thank you guys, i am really flattered!

Cheers
Claude
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 03:33 AM UTC
Here you are, fresh from the workbench, it's still hot!

The shutter, made from plastic strips. Still need to add some hinges.
Took me around 5 hours to do, i started this morning.

Cheers
Claude
cheyenne
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 2,185 posts
Armorama: 1,813 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2008 - 11:17 PM UTC
Hi Claude, beautiful work !!! I really like the garages and will have to remember the tip on the railings, they turned out fantastic. This is a great addition to an already super build. I don't think the slate roof turned out bad. When the house was newly built the slates would more or less have to look kinda perfect. This being an older home the slight imperfections only make it look more " real ".
Glenn
Geezer34
KitMaker: 34 posts
Armorama: 29 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 03:40 PM UTC
Claude - these shutters are really super, but if you need a lot more - Miniart 35502 - a kit of building parts has four sets that are 4cm x 1 1/2 cm. Maybe you know about them already? The runners have quite a few other useful items, doors, windows with frames, lampposts, gutters, etc. Their website lets you look at them in pretty large size so you can see if they would be useful.
Best regards, Trenor Scott

roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 06:34 PM UTC
Glenn, Thank you

Trenor, thanks to you also . I remembered vaguely that such a thing exists, thanks for the exact reference, i will check it. As i build the windows scratch, i would need to fit my build to the commercial part, but to replace 5 hours of work with a good commercial part would perhaps be worth it.

Cheers
Claude

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 15, 2008 - 09:43 PM UTC
Hi Claude,

Progress is amazing, the truck looks great and the additional buildings/roads and stuff you been working on are really coming together.

Re a previous post, unfortunately I did't get to see the Castle in person, but I had the pleasure of watching it develop on site and saw the finished pics.

You're buildings are spot on and I love the finishes you achieve. Keep up the great and amazing work it is truely inspiring.

Cheers

Al

roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 - 06:18 PM UTC
Thank you Alan,
i'm glad i'm on the right tr
BigJon
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 609 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 - 04:08 AM UTC
Claude... it has been a while since I logged on to big A and checked this thread, and what do I find ? that house looks INCREDIBLE. What a piece of work! I will say it again you are an inspiration.

It is a shame that in this day and age so much TV/Film is computer generated or surely your name would feature on credits for films with work of this calibre! Fantastic stuff mate, bravo and keep it coming!

cheers
Jon
roudeleiw
Visit this Community
Luxembourg
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 - 10:15 AM UTC
Big Jon, thank you very much!

Guys,

I managed to basically finish also the next two houses, regular row houses, and complete this block.
There is not a lot left to do, a shutter on the middle house, the down-pipes and perhaps some house numbers (not sure about that). Of course i need to join them correctly also.
I will heighten all three houses about 5 mm, so to allow better joinig with the cobblestone street.

I will also connect the houses to the power supply , with the brackets and insolators on the first white house (coming from the area where the Halftrack is going to be) and going upwards under the roof.

More detail pics will be shown later in the progress, this update serving to show that i'm working and to see if everything still works for you.

Any critic and comment is welcome and appreciated.

from down the street (the left house going to be the exact limit of the module)

from behind

the other side

Cheers
Claude

ausboarder
Visit this Community
New South Wales, Australia
KitMaker: 162 posts
Armorama: 139 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:34 AM UTC
Awesome!!

i salute you!
HornetNest
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 24 posts
Armorama: 22 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 - 11:50 AM UTC
When you post pictures it is better than getting Christmas presents. Your skill and determination are simply amazing.
HastyP
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 468 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 - 12:20 PM UTC
You are a god among builders... great stuff, love to watch your updates... Thanks

HastyP
whittman181
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 646 posts
Armorama: 473 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 - 12:36 PM UTC
This is really an amazing project you've got going there It is coming along nicely and I look forward to more posts Bob
jba
Visit this Community
Rhone, France
KitMaker: 1,845 posts
Armorama: 777 posts
Posted: Monday, July 14, 2008 - 07:39 PM UTC
What a feeling of GRANDEUR! that's really an ace job you have been doing. i really like the way all the colours melt very fluidly in front of the eye, you're there really
(a very impressed) JB
marsiascout
Visit this Community
Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,247 posts
Armorama: 913 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 05:23 AM UTC
This is surely one of the best and biggest diorama's I have ever seen. I have seen the castle on ESM 2007 and I can say it´s HUGE!

Lars
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 - 07:40 AM UTC
Hi Claude,

These look spot on. The blend of colour on the walls, outstanding. I love your slate roofs, a real pleasure to view.

You can sense the moment of time even from what you've done so far, when you get finished this will be something unequalled, in excellence and execution. Keep up the good work.

Al