Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Cold War
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 04:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sounds like most of assembly work has been done.
I think your build is too advanced so I prefer you to enter the Campaign with another model.
Thank you for understanding.

Marcin,
In light of this decision can I ask a couple of questions?
Two things I like about Campaigning are
A) It enables me to drag stuff out of the stash/Played with/Half started pile and...
B) Because you stand up and promise to build something for it, you end up with less 90%'ers laying around the workbench. At least I have!
So for this I had planned to revisit an M38A1 with Davy Crocket I bought the kit for, did research on,measured up for and made the warhead but couldn't get the tube cradle right and so put back on the shelf (but I now have a cunning plan).
I was hoping also if that went right, this summer break to have another go at and enter this .

A 1/35th Skysweeper I have been working on for a long time.
However if any of this is a problem just let me know and I will dig for something else. This is a campaign I have looked forward to.
regards
Maxymilian
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 379 posts
Armorama: 299 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 - 05:44 AM UTC
Hello can i join with M40 Big shot from Korean War, also is there any special way that we "mark" our posts. Sorry for silly question, but this will be my first campaign.
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 - 09:29 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sounds like most of assembly work has been done.
I think your build is too advanced so I prefer you to enter the Campaign with another model.
Thank you for understanding.

Marcin,
In light of this decision can I ask a couple of questions?
Two things I like about Campaigning are
A) It enables me to drag stuff out of the stash/Played with/Half started pile and...
B) Because you stand up and promise to build something for it, you end up with less 90%'ers laying around the workbench. At least I have!
So for this I had planned to revisit an M38A1 with Davy Crocket I bought the kit for, did research on,measured up for and made the warhead but couldn't get the tube cradle right and so put back on the shelf (but I now have a cunning plan).
I was hoping also if that went right, this summer break to have another go at and enter this .

A 1/35th Skysweeper I have been working on for a long time.
However if any of this is a problem just let me know and I will dig for something else. This is a campaign I have looked forward to.
regards

We all have some unfinished models waiting for the right time but there should be some line drawn to prevent killing the spirit of group build.
I think that allowing models with less than 25% of build (let say it would be lower hull finished) done before Campaign's start is a fair rule.
For more advanced builds pls join Get The Job Done... Again (
[url]https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=333/url] ) and don't get me wrong. I would like to see you all joining Cold War Campaign but everyone has to earn the ribbon in the same way and with similar amount of work put in.
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2009 - 09:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello can i join with M40 Big shot from Korean War, also is there any special way that we "mark" our posts. Sorry for silly question, but this will be my first campaign.

In this thread you don't have to mark your posts. You can also start a build log on Camapigns, Contructive Feedback or Armor subforums and you can entitle your thread for example: 'M40 Cold War Campaign Build' or similar way to show connection to Campaign or call it whatever you want.
Check other threads and you'll see there's no general rule.
jccraemer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 12:31 PM UTC
I'm going to be doing this oob. It's an old kit have three more still in the plastic.

WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 08:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm going to be doing this oob. It's an old kit have three more still in the plastic.

What was the release date of this kit? It really looks very old
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 10:34 PM UTC
Interesting build, John. I have never seen one of these build OOB. It will be fun to follow. I think Revell recently released this one as a "classic" kit in the old box design.

jccraemer
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 08:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What was the release date of this kit? It really looks very old

Marcin The directions say 1982 and the box 1994

Quoted Text

I have never seen one of these build OOB. It will be fun to follow. I think Revell recently released this one as a "classic" kit in the old box design.

Jesper Thanks, I had it in storage with all my military stuff since 95 when I got out once I get done with the other campaign was thinking of doing a build thread on it.
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 11:10 AM UTC
Marcin,
Good decision, sounds fair to me.
Thanks for clearing that up,i'll get on with the M38A1 as soon as I get space.

regards
Vermont6
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 155 posts
Armorama: 127 posts
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 - 10:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Adding this one to my schedule as an old Berlin Brigade soldier, this one will have special meaning.

Welcome aboard buddy!, My dad was there in the 80's .

What you got in mind for the campaign?

As a 6-40 Armor Deathrider, I will have to submit an M1A1 kitted out in Berlin markings.

endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 - 11:11 PM UTC
Hi,
I've just started my model - this is the first modern ground vehicle I'm building: T-64AK from SKIF. It's a strange model... some parts have really nice sharp edges, crispy details and great fitting when in the same time other parts from same sprues are horrible... Anyway, here is my progress so far:

I also have a question: what was the color of primer paint used by Soviets during the Cold War? Was it orange like during the WWII?

Andrzej
jccraemer
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 11:08 AM UTC
progress on nike

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 11:28 PM UTC
Nice progress, Andrzej. The Skif models are notorious for their mixed quality and some quite huge inaccuracies according to some on the experts on the Russian armour forum here at Armorama. Looks good to me though
I think the primer was a dark green or black, but I am not sure so probably best to check with the guys on the Russian armour forum here at Armorama.

John, Impressive looking Nike - especially since the model must be from the 60ties or 70ties. What scale is it?
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Friday, June 12, 2009 - 02:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice progress, Andrzej. The Skif models are notorious for their mixed quality and some quite huge inaccuracies according to some on the experts on the Russian armour forum here at Armorama. Looks good to me though
I think the primer was a dark green or black, but I am not sure so probably best to check with the guys on the Russian armour forum here at Armorama.

Thanks Jesper! Quality is very strange factor for this model... it changes from piece to piece. One part is missing (I did not lose it - there was just one part on the sprue and the instruction told me to use two...) and I've found some inaccuracies basing just on pictures...
Thanks for info on primer. I've asked at RS forum but did not receive any answer.

See you soon with more progress.

A.
jccraemer
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 02:00 PM UTC

Quoted Text

John, Impressive looking Nike - especially since the model must be from the 60ties or 70ties. What scale is it?

Thanks Jesper, the box says 1994 and the directions say 1982 The scale looks to be 1/48 their smaller then the 1/35th guys. Alot of prep work to get the parts too align (age or just a mistake in the making processes who knows) Had this since 95 in the storage shed.
spongya
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 2,365 posts
Armorama: 1,709 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2009 - 02:44 PM UTC
That sounds great
I have a bunch of stuff I'd need to build soon, so it's a good incentive .
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:12 PM UTC
I was finishing cavalryman figure so my model is still in the box (PT-76 from Trumpeter). I hope to start it this week.

Andrzej, John, thank you for yours progress reports.

Anyone else would like to share his/her build progress?
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:26 PM UTC
Interesting about the different dates, John. Could even be a reboxing of a reboxing of a reboxing.... Some of these kits were scaled to fit the box as there were no scale standards at that time. I think this might be 1:40 scale. Anyway, looks good so far.

Marcin, I am getting ready to get started, but have a few other projects to get out of the way first.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 01:09 AM UTC
I'll build a SA-6 or a BMP.
Still finishing a couple of campaigns, might tackle this one next weekend.

Nice progress on that T-64. Is that the version with the big comm mast and wires ?
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 11:18 PM UTC
John, I assume you consider building the Trumpeter SA-6. I am building it right now for the Bundeswehr campaign. It is an excellent kit although one need to be careful when aligning the missile halves and the wings on the missiles. Overall highly recommended kit!
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 02:38 AM UTC
I noticed you were building that on too, for the Bundeswehr markings what are you using ?
I've finished the Strv122 and want to finish the E100 before starting this one.

So the missiles are the only problems you found ?
The last Trumpeter kits I build were great, PT-76, JS-3 the E100 is almost flawless so far.

Keep me posted on the progress of the SA-6 !!

Thanks
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, June 18, 2009 - 11:29 PM UTC
Hi John.

So far the SA-6 kit is flawless, but care still needs to be taken with the missiles. I will use markings from the spares box. I have lots of white numbers, so I am sure I will find something useable. For the crosses I have some from the old Italeri M-47 tank. They look to be the right size so I will use those.

I am also considering the E-100 for the What if campaign.
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 02:56 AM UTC
If you can try to use some other decals.
I used the Patton decals, if I remember well they were too large/thick, they looked stranged after it was applied.

I'll check what I have in my decals-stash some spare german markings.

How were th tracks on the SA-6 ?
Is it the E100 from Dragon or Trumpeter ?
I will post some in progress shots of the E100 soon, I added a metal gun barrel to replace the 2 pieces that came with the kit.
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 07:51 AM UTC
I just stumbled into this campaign; I couldn't resist...

I'll be doing an M3A1 halftrack with some Dutch conscripts from 1959, something completely new for me!
I'll start on it as soon as some other builds (campaigns) are finished, so it might be a few weeks untill then....
Tigerbait
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 347 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 - 10:16 AM UTC
Gonna go with the Tamiya M60A1 with reactive armor and a Leopard 1A5 1/72 from RoG