Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Cold War
endrju007
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Podkarpackie, Poland
KitMaker: 2,435 posts
Armorama: 1,256 posts
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 - 07:45 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gentlemen,
Is it too late to enter this campaign with my 1/35 DML JSU-152 during the Korean conflict?
Darryl

Campaign ends December 30th so you have plenty of time.

Marcin, your model is turning out great! I do like the color variation.

I'm back on track after over 2 weeks of production stoppage caused by modification of my workplace. I've placed decals, paited wheels and dust tubes on the dampers. Today I will make few pics and show you my progress.
For some reason the decals are different than shown in instruction in my kit... well... on the other hand it sure was cheap .

Andrzej
WARLORD
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 1,923 posts
Armorama: 868 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 - 10:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Gentlemen,
Is it too late to enter this campaign with my 1/35 DML JSU-152 during the Korean conflict?
Darryl

As Andrzej said, you have plenty of time to complete the campaign.

I'm glad you like it, Andrzej.
Here is next update:

WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 09:30 PM UTC
Finally finished:

endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 10:38 PM UTC
Very nice Marcin. As I've written before I do like your color variation on the surface.

I had some huge disaster during matt coating (it turned white) so now I'm working with oils and pigments to cover it...
I will post some pictures closer to weekend.

Andrzej
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 12:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Very nice Marcin. As I've written before I do like your color variation on the surface.

I had some huge disaster during matt coating (it turned white) so now I'm working with oils and pigments to cover it...
I will post some pictures closer to weekend.

Andrzej

Thanks, Andrzej.

You have to be very carefull with matt coating: very thin layers, well dilluted mixture and let first layer to dry before you apply another.
I've ruined my work few times with white spots on surface or loosing all shades so I know what you feel. It looks awful and you can't get rid of this white residual.

If pigment and oils woundn't work you can always go with winter whitewash (I know it wasn't funny at all, I'm sorry)
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 09:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If pigment and oils woundn't work you can always go with winter whitewash (I know it wasn't funny at all, I'm sorry)

As funny as one-legged rabbit Could you organize White Wash 2 campaign very quickly? I have something just for it .
It's not so bad, it just needs HEAVY weathering...

Andrzej
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 - 09:18 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

As funny as one-legged rabbit Could you organize White Wash 2 campaign very quickly? I have something just for it .
It's not so bad, it just needs HEAVY weathering...

Andrzej

I've seen pics in the web from training groung where tanks were driving through muddy field with puddles and after that they were all covered with few centimeters layer of mud.
You can make a diobased on pics below too and I think it would suitable for Bitter Taste of Defeat
http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_jokes_20055220.asp
http://www.strategypage.com/humor/articles/military_jokes_20051180.asp
filthysanchez
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 03:06 PM UTC
heres my 1/35 ITALERI leopard 1A4 1st armour model i've built.

WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, September 14, 2009 - 11:49 PM UTC
Very nice entry, Robert.
Congrats on completing the campaign.
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I've seen pics in the web from training groung where tanks were driving through muddy field with puddles and after that they were all covered with few centimeters layer of mud.

When I've written about heavy weathering I did not think about THAT heavy .
Today I will submit a picture of finnished T64. I wanted to take few pictures yesterday but my camera's batterie died on me...

Robert - nice Leo! Cooler and the netting above it were part of the kit or are they AM?

Andrzej
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 10:07 AM UTC
I'm done! (or at least I have no more patience to do anything more with this model... ).
I had some small accident during painting and whole thing does not look as I wanted it to look but at least it's done.

Marcin, thank you very much for great campaing (and for making me build modern vehicle... ).
Have fun guys! This campaing is still not over!
Feel free to join my Bitter Taste Of Defeat campaign here on Armorama and Soldier Evolution campaign on Historicus Forma. It would be great to see you all there!.

Once again: Marcin, dzięki za świetną kampanię!

Andrzej
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 10:20 PM UTC
Dzięki Andrzej!

Andrzej, your T-64 looks really good. I like how paint chips turned out.
I'm about to finish Dingo for Wheels Campign, then I'm moving to sniper figure (for Sniper and Evolution .. ).
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 03:06 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Dzięki Andrzej!
Andrzej, your T-64 looks really good. I like how paint chips turned out.

Thank you very much, Sir, you're a gentleman and a scholar . I'm not too happy with the weathering, but white matt coat accident sufficiently jeopardized my work schedule...

Quoted Text

I'm about to finish Dingo for Wheels Campign, then I'm moving to sniper figure (for Sniper and Evolution .. ).

You lazy person, you... . If you want to photoshop the sniper figure to make it look like a Viking warrior as second SE figure be aware that this kind of behaviour shall not be tolerated . See you there, mate!

A
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 11:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You lazy person, you... . If you want to photoshop the sniper figure to make it look like a Viking warrior as second SE figure be aware that this kind of behaviour shall not be tolerated . See you there, mate!

You got me! I will have to change my plans and think up something else
endrju007
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 11:37 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You got me! I will have to change my plans and think up something else

You may always use software other than Photoshop
filthysanchez
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 6 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 03:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Robert - nice Leo! Cooler and the netting above it were part of the kit or are they AM?

the netting/tarps on the back i made out of tissue paper and and electricle wire

hope that helps
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
KitMaker: 2,093 posts
Armorama: 1,359 posts
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 - 01:57 AM UTC
I have made some beginning/progress too.
Researching this project has taken me long time, but I still have some unanswered questions.
My Africa-builds are on hold untill the correct paint arrives, the other projects are on hold untill more parts and/or solutions for other problems present themselves, so now I have time to do something about this one.

I used a Tamiya M3A2, backdated to an M3 upgraded to M3A1-standard. Still following me??

The chassis went together as per instructions, but the crewcompartment was more complicated. First of all I had to remove the detail on the outside, including the racks on the back. Then I filled in the wholes and damaged areas.

I started work on the interior, but I guess my mind was absent then. I glued in the boxes used in the M3A2 and discovered my mistake when the glue had fully hardened. So I had to do a lot of cutting, sanding and swearing...
I also glued in the long backsides on the wrong sides and have to switch them. The open seatlockers will stay that way; at least one of them, which allows me to add yet more "life: to the interior.
One of the unanswered questions is the position of the radio and what radio to use..

As an underground I have planned a "typical Dutch scenery", being a herringbone style cobbled road, a ditch and some willows. Sort of a mix between these two pictures;

But that's something for the future......
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 02:58 AM UTC
I have a little more progress to show you.
I have been working on the interior, giving spelcial attention to the seats.
The seats in the kit are very flat, so I added a layer of putty, to beef them up a little. In order to make the figures look naturla within the vehicle I also made them, but in a very basic way.
While the putty was still soft I Pushed the appropratie figures into it, so they fit nice and snug. The figures are, as aid, still very basic and need more work and attention.
Here's what things look like now;

I also want to install a radioset. I have a soft spot for those.
The information I was able to gather showed a large radioset on the right rear of the vehicle, which turned out to be a SCR-506, which looks like this;

Unfortunately I do not know of any such radio in 1/35, so that caused a bit of a setback. There are more sets, used in these vehicles, but they have the same problem as the 506; no 1/35. Then I learned that another set was used, being the SCR 510 or 610, whick looks like this;

And, happy happy joy joy, Tamiya has one of those in the old sets, like the M21 and the gun- & mortarteam!
So this one is in and I will be placing it in the centre fornt, right behind the middle seat, as that is the most logical looking place....
WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 01:11 AM UTC
Very interesting project, Ron. Keep us posted!
bpunchy
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 366 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 02:15 AM UTC
Hey mates great builds from all , well after a wait of some months today i got an email from my model supplier to let me know that the canvas mantlet cover for the Walker Bulldog is in stock ! So when i return from work up north i can continue the build .

Hull is complete , I have used AFV Clubs etched metal accesorie kit .

close up of etched guard and head light guard .

There was a gap at the rear top and bottom join that had to be filled .
The hull and wheels are now primed so onto the turret .
yeahwiggie
Visit this Community
Dalarnas, Sweden
Posted: Friday, October 02, 2009 - 10:53 AM UTC
Well Marcin, your wish is my command! See here!

@ Brian; it looks like you had your hands full on this one, didn't you?
Nice work in touching it up!

I made some progress, too and waisted some more glue...
I basically finished the figures and will only have to add more details, such as straps and I also added a number of details to the vehicle.
First of all I wanted to show that it is an upgraded M3, so I needed some new headlight. Through a fellow modeller at twenot I got hold of a set of Dragon's M3 headlights... with pe....
The result of this "nosejob":

This kit is lacking some vital and very visible items, such as the rim on the inside of the crewcompartiment and the tarphoops.
This meant a D.I.Y-job. While tacking the pictures I noticed that the front hoop is too low, so that has to be redone.

Is alo put my theory about the radio into practice and was not hindered by any kind of references or lack of imagination.... It is all made up!..... But it looks logical to me.

Detailshot;

And with operator;

As I said, the troop are basically done.
Here's the "vehiclegroup";

And my own "Band of Brothers", the boys on foot;

Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 10:58 AM UTC
Hello All:

I have a Zvezda T-80UD, the kit shows a 3 tone camo. Were there other camo schemes when the vehicle was introduced to the Soviet military in 1987, the first year of it acceptence?

Robert
JMartine
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,698 posts
Armorama: 45 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 11, 2009 - 08:56 AM UTC
is it too late to enter? I am planning on building some small (1:700) subs soon, could add an LA Class nuclear attack sub to the mix. Can't get any more "cold war" than nuclear subs

WARLORD
HISTORICUS FORMA
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
Posted: Monday, October 12, 2009 - 12:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hello All:

I have a Zvezda T-80UD, the kit shows a 3 tone camo. Were there other camo schemes when the vehicle was introduced to the Soviet military in 1987, the first year of it acceptence?

Robert

@Robert, I think you should post this question in SOviet Forum ( https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=SquawkBox&file=index&req=viewforum&forum_id=122&page=1 where many wise people could share their knowledge on this subject.

Quoted Text

s it too late to enter? I am planning on building some small (1:700) subs soon, could add an LA Class nuclear attack sub to the mix. Can't get any more "cold war" than nuclear subs

@ James, Campaign ends on Dec 30 so you have plenty of time. More details you will find here: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Campaigns&file=index&req=showcontent&id=336
skyhawk
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,095 posts
Armorama: 743 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 01:08 AM UTC
I wraped up this build about a month or so ago...mid aug? Just havent posted the pics yet. LVTP7, hobby boss kit, USMC early 80's during a CAX

Photobucket

Photobucket

is there an "official" album we should post in for our ribbon?
Andy