Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Matchbox Nostalgia Campaign
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 04:52 AM UTC
This post is to thank all those that have enlisted so far and to urge those that previously expressed interest to officially join up. If prior to the official start date you have any questions please feel free to post them here. If for whatever reason you feel it's inappropriate to post then you can PM tread_geek or sabredog with your queries. Here is the standings as of this writing. The table contains the callsigns of the original group as well as three new members. To the new people, welcome and thanks for joining the MNC.

For those that are interested, the table above was created with the Numbers spreadsheet program and is editable. As I make changes to it the table in this message will reflect those changes. Perhaps we'll add a column to reflect each persons choice of kit.
Good luck to all in hunting down their options.

Cheers,
Jan
tommytanker
KitMaker: 44 posts
Armorama: 34 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 03:45 PM UTC
Jan,
Actually I already had the M-7 but I also have access to another one maybe we do a trade????
I would really like another Mark III .......Also while I'm posting I can't seem to get access to the enlist button, Is it me or my 'puter? I'm going to try again in a few minutes.
thanks and Good Hunting,
Gary
BTW, I like the 2nd badge best!!!! Got the enlist button UP! On the Way.....
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 04:33 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jan,
Actually I already had the M-7 but I also have access to another one maybe we do a trade????
I would really like another Mark III

Sadly I have only one original Matchbox kit in my stash and that one is reserved for this campaign. I have searched a thirty mile radius in my area and can't even find any Revell re-releases. I may just have to wander farther afield. I'll let you know and discuss this further with you via PM if I can locate a Panzer III.

Quoted Text

.......Also while I'm posting I can't seem to get access to the enlist button, Is it me or my 'puter? I'm going to try again in a few minutes.
thanks and Good Hunting,
Gary
BTW, I like the 2nd badge best!!!! Got the enlist button UP! On the Way.....

Congratulations, Gary. As you can see from the chart above, I have acknowledged your enlistment. I'm sure more people will enlist as time goes by. We still have around 75 days before the campaign actually begins. Then there are the procrastinators that usually join mid way through or later and ask for a deadline extension.

Cheers,
Jan
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 08:47 PM UTC
Hi
I've the Old Matchbox Churchill Bridgelayer kit in the stash , will be building this for the campaign.
Bought it years ago for my son but he never wanted it so His loss I'm now going to build it.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 05:36 AM UTC
That should be a very interesting build, Shaun. That's just another kit that never seemed to make it to my local shop. At this point my sole choice for the build is the Morris truck with 17 Pounder.

Cheers,
Jan
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 05:41 AM UTC
Great idea for this campaign. I have signed up. I will try to get a hold of the Wespe in a Revell reboxing or maybe an aircraft.

Looking forward to get started
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 06:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Great idea for this campaign. I have signed up. I will try to get a hold of the Wespe in a Revell reboxing or maybe an aircraft.

Looking forward to get started

Jesper, very nice to have you join our little campaign. It should be quite fun. The Wespe would be a nice build but if you read the rules, this campaign is restricted to the 1/76 scale former Matchbox vehicles or their Revell re-boxings. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask here.

Thanks,
Jan
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 06:39 AM UTC
I have a friend, who has almost 1000 kits in his stash and he is also a Matchbox kit collector. I reckon he has all the 1/76 Matchbox kits, except one or two. As you can understand, he wasn´t willing to sell any of his treasures but luckily he has also collect Revell re-release versions. Kindly he sold me Revell 1/76 Char B1 bis & Renault FT 17 kit.

I´m planning to build this kit, because I have built the original Matchbox kit way back when I was 8 or 9 years old and I still have it after all these years. So this is real flashback for me... Just for case, I checked my LHS and there was two Revell kits: Comet A34 and Churchill bridgelayer.
Smartin
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 48 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 07:19 AM UTC
Hi Shaun,

I'm also planning om building the churchill; bought it in the LHS en I'm keen on starting in January.

Martin
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 10:49 AM UTC
Hmmm, I am looking at a GMC. After building my Matchbox Chaffee, I decided it would be nice to build another OD vehicle.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 03:58 PM UTC
Now you guys have me itching to start. I have to go out of town on Monday so if time permits I'll check out some hobby shops in the nearest larger city. I would definitely love to find a Priest or a GMC. Actually if there were enough kits available I'd buy them out to enlarge my stash. Shhh, don't let the SWMBO know I said that.

Question? Would it serve any purpose for me to keep track of who is desiring to build what? Don't get me wrong, I am in no way asking for a commitment. Anyone could change their mind but would it add interest to the campaign? Would it result in more variety?Thoughts are always welcome.

Cheers,
Jan
sabredog
Visit this Community
Western Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 607 posts
Armorama: 599 posts
Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 - 07:33 PM UTC
GB's I have modded in the past, there is always an entry thread. So yes, let's keep track of what is being built
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 04:24 AM UTC
Hello everyone.

EDIT: To make things simpler, I'll have the chart follow the end of the messages. Please feel free to comment and add your personal views.

If you have expressed a selection of a kit then I have added the name of the kit beside your callsign. Based on your comments in your post I have highlighted the selection as "Leaning Towards" or Definite. Please be advised that even if you have expressed a definite choice you will not be held to it. Situations and desires can change over time. In my particular case I have the Morris C8 and 17 pnd as a selection as that is all I have at the moment.

Cheers,
Jan
Snowhand
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 345 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 07:45 AM UTC
I have signed up too now.. My choice: Diamond T Tractor with Rodgers trailer and perhaps a Chaffee as cargo (the latter is undecided yet ).

This will be fun
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 10:43 AM UTC
Richard, welcome to the campaign and your selection is noted in the chart above. The trailer cargo can wait as there is still a fair amount of time.

Cheers,
Jan
muttley
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 202 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 03:30 PM UTC
Hey Jan,
I just enlisted and I'm definitely going to build a Revell re-boxed M24 Chaffee cause that's the only kit I found in my local LHS, I have always wanted to have this kit since I was a kid (many many many years ago )

ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 31, 2009 - 05:47 PM UTC
I'll build the Challenger I and probably the T-34
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 03:53 AM UTC
Rei, welcome to the campaign. The Chaffee has always been one of my favourites. The one I have is quite old and is a prime candidate for the upcoming Tank Overhaul campaign.

Rei and Toby, your selections have been duly noted and added to the chart above. BTW, you might notice that I've alphabetized the chart to make it easier for me and others to check callsigns. If anyone notices something amiss in the new chart format, please let me know. I'm still a bit of a novice with the spreadsheet program.

Cheers,
Jan
Capt_Concussion
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 40 posts
Armorama: 39 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 05:12 AM UTC
Hi all

Just enlisted

Looking like I'll be doing the Priest. I managed to pick one up cheaply at a hobby shop I popped into 'on the off chance' the other day!

May also look at a Comet
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 06:09 AM UTC
Greetings Capt. C. I've added your first choice to the list, you lucky scoundrel. Care to share some of your luck with me.

Cheers,
Jan
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 01, 2009 - 08:39 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Rei, welcome to the campaign. The Chaffee has always been one of my favourites. The one I have is quite old and is a prime candidate for the upcoming Tank Overhaul campaign.

Rei and Toby, your selections have been duly noted and added to the chart above. BTW, you might notice that I've alphabetized the chart to make it easier for me and others to check callsigns. If anyone notices something amiss in the new chart format, please let me know. I'm still a bit of a novice with the spreadsheet program.

Cheers,
Jan

Thank you Tread Geek!!!

Btw, I have a question: if I started one and even got to paint it but looks like a 4 year old built it, can I redo the kit and enter it in the campaign too?
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 03:16 AM UTC
Toby, all questions are welcome. As to your current inquiry, rule one sums it up:

Quoted Text

1. Either an original Matchbox kit or a Revell re-release of a former Matchbox vehicle kit are permissible. Construction may begin on or after the launch date and not prior. If in doubt, please ask in the appropriate forum.

That being said you have two options. Number one is to use this thread to display a rebuild to help generate interest in this campaign. It will not qualify for a ribbon but at least you will have an interested audience. The second option is to wait until January 1st and sign up for the Tank Overhaul campaign. That way you not only get to do a rebuild but you'll also receive an award for completing that campaign. I am in no way affiliated with the Tank Overhaul campaign but see myself joining it as I have quite a few older builds that need resuscitating.

Cheers,
tread_geek
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 08:52 AM UTC
So now I'm in the banner business as well...

I will decide what to build when I get to the store. My favourites have always been the M24, the Pz.III, the Char B1 and the SAS set. Incidentally those last two were the only "multiple" kits (as in more than one vehicle in the kit) that I ever got in Switzerland back then. So maybe I'll just go for one of the sets I never had a chance to find. If I find one...

Cheerio!
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Monday, November 02, 2009 - 10:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So now I'm in the banner business as well...

That's great Stefan. THe more we advertise the better.

Quoted Text

I will decide what to build when I get to the store. My favourites have always been the M24, the Pz.III, the Char B1 and the SAS set. Incidentally those last two were the only "multiple" kits (as in more than one vehicle in the kit) that I ever got in Switzerland back then. So maybe I'll just go for one of the sets I never had a chance to find. If I find one...

I certainly hope that you have more luck than I am having. I went to a larger city today 30+ miles (50 km) away that has eight hobby shops. Would you believe not one Matchbox or Revell re-release in any of them. Almost everything in those shops were 1/72 Dragon or Italeri kits. In one shop they had three old 1/76 Airfix kits, a Stalin III, a DUKW and Land Rover.

Cheers,
Jan
muddyfields
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 884 posts
Armorama: 622 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 01:41 AM UTC
Hi
Try Ebay they have loads of the original & the later Revell rereleases.
Not bad prices either.
Might get some more for future builds.

Shaun