Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Blitz 3: Italy
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 10:03 AM UTC
Looks nice, Sal. However, I would add a thin dark brown wash to the flesh areas before the dull coat.

Looking forward to see it finished.
flakman
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 18 posts
Armorama: 17 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 12:41 PM UTC
I found the site I want, Mega Hobby. I will order the parts this week end. I will take Lion Roar kits that make the same job than voyager one's
Your half track is very nice Sal
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 02:35 PM UTC
Hi Guys, Thanks for the comments. Jasper I would have used your suggestion but I had already sprayed the dull coat on. Next time. Here is a few more pictures on a Mini Art platform that I built over the summer
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This campaign was a lot of fun. i'm looking forward to seeing some of the other builds and the cool looking campaign ribbon. Keep the builds going
Kallin168
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 20 posts
Armorama: 14 posts
Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 05:40 AM UTC
Hi all, brand new to all this so I hope I get things right Decided as I re-enact 3/ FJR and i have hundreds of photos of it I might as well do a diorama from there time at Monte Cassino (He says hopefully). So here are my un built kits and Fallschirmjager spare parts box

HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 19, 2010 - 04:24 AM UTC
I was finally able to sit down and do some more work on my entry. So here is in-progress photo number 4.

I still have a lot to do but at least I finally made some progress.

Thanks,

Harv
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 452 posts
Armorama: 271 posts
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:18 AM UTC
Really great work so far guys!

I've been silently plugging along on my build. I picked up a micro-chisel a while back and have been trying to get used to it. More than once, I've taken off a bit more plastic than I intended. I've also been practicing some soldering on a few of the PE bits like the unditching roller brackets and radio. Here are some progress shots. I still have a good bit left on the cab.

vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 05:32 AM UTC
Nice work Michael, is that brass provided in the kit or is it AM?
tominizer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 210 posts
Armorama: 81 posts
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 06:10 AM UTC

Michael........ nice photography as well !!!

Man, I really need to get started on this campaign. Should be this holiday season as I'm just about finished other projects. And the Panzer IV build goes again on the back-burner.
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 06:36 AM UTC
Thanks, guys! Jeremy, the PE is an aftermarket set from Griffon Models. I believe I have the premium set, which isn't the biggest set they offer. Two small pe frets are included with the model, though.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 08:13 AM UTC
Very cool, I remember seeing some of the full sets from Griffon which looked like they required quite a bit of surgery. Looks like you chose the right set, just the right amount of added detail without being ridiculous
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 09:19 AM UTC
Michael, your PE is nicely done. Crisp lines/folds and the build looks clean, no accessive glue unlike me BTW is this Dragons kit?

Bob
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Monday, December 20, 2010 - 09:38 AM UTC
Thanks, Bob. I've been working on the excessive glue issue. It started popping up again last night, so I knew it was time to leave the bench!

This the Dragon kit. So far, it has gone together nicely. I really like the options that their halftrack kits provide, but for me there's a big learning curve. I'm struggling to know where to stop the sub-assemblies so I'll be able to paint. With a Sherman, I build the whole kit then paint, so this really is a change for me.
tominizer
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 210 posts
Posted: Friday, December 31, 2010 - 03:39 AM UTC
Here's what I'm proposing to build for this campaign. Tamiya Steyr modified with the Real Model Personnel Wagon kit.

In opening the Real Model resin kit, she's going to be interesting. The instructions are absolute JUNK !! I will be taking some liberties I think on how this goes together....... so forgive me in advance. The resin parts don't look to be completely flat (aka warped a bit) and there's a pile of broken parts in the bag. The details on the inside of the bed don't exist, even though it's exposed. And the resin itself is LOADED with bubbles. Good lord she's gonna take some work. I luv it

Onto the Tamiya kit, I bought this lovely piece off a fellow modeller. Kit is missing the vinyl plugs for attaching the wheels. Hmmmmmmm.......... have to rig up something for that. And all the sprues and loose parts look to have been primed in black already. Some of the priming work went WWWAAAAY over the top with the paint eh !!! Like I'm talking FLOODING-over-the-top where the details have been buried in primer. Oh yeah, that will take some work too to excavate out the good stuff to the surface!!! Least the instructions are there.

Good times ahead. Should be fun.
Removed by original poster on 01/01/11 - 14:47:51 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/01/11 - 14:53:36 (GMT).
Removed by original poster on 01/01/11 - 14:59:16 (GMT).
KAYELL
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 107 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 04:39 AM UTC
Hi Folks,

Ready to start on my contribution to the campaign.

Tamiya M5A1, Academy tracks and Verlinden added sandbags.

Hope pics turn out ..final attempt

Cheers and a Happy New Year

Keith
KAYELL
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 107 posts
Posted: Monday, January 03, 2011 - 08:47 AM UTC
Hi Folks,

Managed a bit of progress.

Test fitting the front sandbags.

Back to work in the morning so progress will be back to slow.

Cheers

Keith
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 08:10 AM UTC
G'day Guys

I was going to do a Polish IC Hybrid Firefly for this Campaign, but I've since got hooked on 'Wingy Things" and will therefore do a Bubbletop P-47D (Tamiya 1/48), of 354 FS, 350 FG " Flak Happy" (Lifelike decals).

Pics of the bits to follow.

Cheers

Paul
grayghost666
KitMaker: 2,458 posts
Armorama: 656 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 01:57 PM UTC
Hello All,
I have Resign as the Campaign Leader of Blitz 3 as on the 10th of Jan. I will be going in to Hospital for a Heart Valve Replacement Surgery. I will not be around for about 2 to 4 months and then I am going to take some down time to get my strength back.
I am sure that all of you will support the new Campaign Leader as you have done for me and I will miss seeing you finished builds.
I will still be around till Sunday morning if anyone has any questions that need answering.
Thank You for being in the campaign and for all your Support for the Blitz Campaigns in the past years.

Now Remember that Blitz 4 will be starting this Fall/Winter and it will be........
Russia June 1941 to when they got to the German border in 1945. During my down time I will be fine tuning the rules and regs for the campaign and it will run 8 months so you might want to think about what you want to build because I am going to allow just about everything.
I hope all of You and your Family will have a Peacefully and Wonderfully New Year .
Cheers,
Bruce
PS: I have let Gary know about my resigning and he is letting me tell you. He is a Great Campain Leader here at Armorama and we all need to give him all the support he can get.
BMM
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 02:41 PM UTC
Sorry to hear that Bruce. I am sending you my wishes for a safe procedure and a speedy recovery. Get well soon and get back here to Armorama.

My best wishes.

Randy
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 02:59 PM UTC
My deepest sympathies Bruce, wish you all the best and a speedy recovery, and look forward to your return when the time comes
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 04:12 PM UTC
Bruce take care and we will see you at Blitz 4.

Bob
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 04:46 PM UTC
Bruce, Sorry to see you go and hope you have a speedy recovery I'll be in for Blitz 4, just let me know where and when will see you there
mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 01:40 AM UTC
Bruce, you'll be missed for the rest of Blitz 3! I hope your surgery and recovery are successful and quick!

Blitz 4 - Now I have a reason to start shopping for my first T-34 kit.