Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Braille Battlefield
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 2,847 posts
Armorama: 2,667 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 03:13 AM UTC
@AJB - IF it's 1/76 then it must be a Fugimi? Didn't that come with a 75 mm Pak gun! I'll allow it as an entry but you must include the Pak as that was part of the kit. You'll also need another unfinished kit to be completed or you could build another kit from scratch.

@Dangeroo - On your observation I have moved the ribbon qualification line to the rules and regs.

Stefan, the rules specify "kit" not just vehicle. BTW, in the LRDG "kit" the base would be considered part of the "kit". Since this is one of the missing kits from the Matchbox campaign it got me thinking that this campaign is the perfect vehicle for those from that campaign to finish their builds. We had two or three people working on the Diamond 'T' and Rogers trailer that never finished them.

Cheers,
Jan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 07:07 AM UTC
Quick question for you: I am looking at a 1/72 resin International truck to build for this campaign. The truck and the trailer are two separate kits, and I wanted to make sure that this would qualify as being two kits for this campaign?
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 07:22 AM UTC
Jeremy, have you started those two kits? What I mean is are the uncompleted kits? If you haven't started them then you only need one build from scratch. If they are separate kits then they count as two.

Cheers,
Jan
ChaosXVI
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 126 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:09 AM UTC
Hey there Tread_Geek! Chaos reporting back from AWO...ehem. I mean reporting back for duty! I failed to finish my entry for the Matchbox Campaign. Transferred houses. The old one was getting too small for my unbuilts. I'll be enlisting soon and hope to complete the campaign this time.

Thank you.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 02:59 AM UTC
Greetings Toby! Nice to see you back. You had seemed to be making such good progress with your Matchbox Challenger I that I was sure you'd complete it before that campaign ended. With this campaign you and others from the Matchbox campaign will have an opportunity to complete what you started plus more.

Cheers,
Jan
spacewolfdad
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 642 posts
Armorama: 593 posts
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 08:30 AM UTC
Hi Jan,

I'm definately up for this. I have lots of kits in various states of completion, as well as lot still in the box, so it won't be difficult to get something done. Whatever format you finally decide on, I will be able to participate fully. Really looking forward to this - can I start now? I will be doing the builds 1/72 as this is my preferred scale.

Thanks for running the campaign, all the best,

Paul
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 09:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

....I will be able to participate fully. Really looking forward to this - can I start now? I will be doing the builds 1/72 as this is my preferred scale.

Paul, you must definitely remain pure, chaste and honourable and not start prior to the official launch date. I cannot stop you from starting a kit that you won't complete prior to the start date (or can I, he said with a snide snicker), but that's defeating one of the purposes of this campaign. Preferably one should expect a picture of a stalled build coated in dust and cobwebs.

Cheers,
Jan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 01:57 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Jeremy, have you started those two kits? What I mean is are the uncompleted kits? If you haven't started them then you only need one build from scratch. If they are separate kits then they count as two.

Cheers,
Jan

Jan: They are unbuilt, I have not purchased them yet. If I understand correctly what you are telling me is that I could just buy the cab for now to use in this campaign since it would be an unstarted kit?

I'm just juggling ideas around for what I want to build for this campaign.

Cheers

Jeremy
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 03:21 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jan: They are unbuilt, I have not purchased them yet. If I understand correctly what you are telling me is that I could just buy the cab for now to use in this campaign since it would be an unstarted kit?

In the case above you'd only need to build one kit to qualify for fulfilling the campaign requirements. I believe that in the last campaign that I managed we had a couple of people go far and beyond. One in particular submitted no less than five entries and several did two.

Building from scratch is fine (especially for those that have shied away from small scale) but I'd like people to also take this opportunity to finish some of their "half built" kits.

Cheers,
Jan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 03:48 AM UTC
Sounds good Jan. I don't have any half-built kits lying around as I just started model building. If I can though, I'll try to build around three kits for this campaign just for the fun of it
Braille
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,501 posts
Armorama: 1,485 posts
Posted: Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 12:32 PM UTC
Jan,

I have enlisted. Just couldn't pass this campaign up as I have more than just a few unfinished 72nd scale builds in the stash. This will give me a good opportunity to complete at least two or more of those kits. Great start and finish dates as I am now currently in two campaigns and hopefully will be ready when this one starts. Really looking forward to this campaign as the smaller scale builds are my favorite flavor.

Happy to hear that you are hosting this one too!

-Eddy
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 03:44 AM UTC
Glad to have you join us, Eddy. The more the merrier. It's seems a little fast for me to be hosting another campaign but as you might recall, there was pressure on me to have another small scale one in the Matchbox thread. Hopefully we can generate the enthusiasm that was so evident in the last one.

Cheers,
Jan
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 10:40 AM UTC
I just enlisted too. Hopefully I´m not getting too creedy to avoid what happened last time...
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 01:03 PM UTC
Welcome to this new campaign, Kimmo. What was it that happened in the last campaign? You completed your build and got the ribbon. I can't recall any issues. Then again, I was kind of busy with all the activity.

Cheers,
Jan
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
Posted: Monday, August 09, 2010 - 03:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Welcome to this new campaign, Kimmo. What was it that happened in the last campaign? You completed your build and got the ribbon. I can't recall any issues. Then again, I was kind of busy with all the activity.

Cheers,
Jan

Sorry, you misunderstood me, Jan but everything is Ok with your last campaign. I was talking about "What if"-campaign, which I failed to complete in time, because I took part for too many campaigns at same time.. atleast for me.
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 1,026 posts
Armorama: 654 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 08:33 AM UTC
Jan,
I've enlisted so count me in. I should have that A-10 done by then and I've signed up for the Fighting Falcon campaign, but that doesn't start until1 Apr 2011. That does seem pretty far out there, doesn't it? I hope it doesn't turn out to be an April Fool's joke.

Anywho--I've got that Revell version of the Matchbox Nashorn to build and some ROCO HO scale modern German stuff to finish and/or redo.

Looking forward to it.

Keith
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 10:20 AM UTC
Yes, another Matchbox veteran enlists... thanks for prodding me in the direction of this one Jan. I have been totally out of it in holiday land and haven't been noticing what's going on (it's been the same story back at work too . . . )

Definitely have an ancient but totally box fresh Fujimi Matilda as well as a half made "Science Treasury" (who??) Isuzu TX40.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 04:10 AM UTC
@woltersk - Glad to have you in this one, Keith. Actually, Matchbox never made a Nashorn, it was always purely Revell. That being said, from looking at the plans on Henks' site you may be in for some fun. It's not quite as parts heavy as the Dragon offering but the gun alone may prove challenging.

@firstcircle - Happy that you could join this new endeavour, Matthew. Any Fugimi kit would be wonderful to see come together. Their kits were quite nicely detailed for the era. I have built one ages ago and will have to look through my storage cabinet and see if I can find and photograph it.

Cheers,
Jan
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 07:30 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@woltersk - Glad to have you in this one, Keith. Actually, Matchbox never made a Nashorn, it was always purely Revell. That being said, from looking at the plans on Henks' site you may be in for some fun. It's not quite as parts heavy as the Dragon offering but the gun alone may prove challenging.

Cheers,
Jan

Hmmmm...that would explain why it was absent from the Matchbox Campaign kit list. Challenging huh? What if I just forgo the gun and turn it into a tracked mess wagon? Okay, I'll give the gun a whirl and see what I've gotten myself into.

Keith
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 08:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

... Challenging huh? What if I just forgo the gun and turn it into a tracked mess wagon? Okay, I'll give the gun a whirl and see what I've gotten myself into.

Or an ammunition carrier, ambulance or some sort of generals private dune buggy! From what I recall there are around 40 steps to complete the kit and about 15 are just the gun alone.

Just to get everyone in the mood, here's a picture of a possible concoction that I had some fun with. It's a Dragon M4A2 mounting a Maco Flak 43. A Flak-Sherman. Hmmm, shouldn't eh name on the side be Zerstörer ?:D

Cheers,
Jan
woltersk
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
Posted: Friday, August 13, 2010 - 06:43 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Just to get everyone in the mood, here's a picture of a possible concoction that I had some fun with. It's a Dragon M4A2 mounting a Maco Flak 43. A Flak-Sherman. Hmmm, shouldn't eh name on the side be Zerstörer ?:D

Cheers,
Jan

How about the 'M4F43'? Or the 'Sherkanone'? No? How 'bout the 'Flak-Man'? (If it was an anti-tank gun you could call it the 'PaK-Man')
casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
Posted: Monday, August 16, 2010 - 11:51 PM UTC
I´m strongly leaning on to build some 1/72 armored railroad stuff from Unimodel but haven´t made my mind 100%.
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 - 05:01 AM UTC
@woltersk - How about a Pak-er-Man, oops, wrong potential nationality. However, with two and a half months to go a picture of a SturmSherman may appear in this thread.

@casualmodeler - That sounds like an interesting subject for this campaign, Kimmo. There's been a few of those appearing in the Braille Scale forum lately.

I am not going to do nothing until this campaign begins. So, while doing a build for a friend I decided to do something to distract myself while the parts of that build dry. This second project also has an ulterior motive in that you can take it as a preview for a future article or feature. It's also meant to keep this thread active and hopefully foster greater interest in our campaign.

I am in possession of several Dragon 1/72 kits that feature the German 3.7 cm PaK 35/36. I have built a Nitto and Esci small scale Pak 36 ages ago (their barried away in storage somewhere) so I though that I'd see how the Dragon offering goes together. It may be 1/72 but it might as well be something smaller as the parts are totally miniscule. If you have one of these lying around, be forewarned, you are going to need several pair of tweezers and ideally a third hand.

On with some pictures!

Above is the start and it took about 45 minutes of cutting, filing, drilling and scraping to get things to fit right.

Moving along...

The penny should give a fair idea of the size (or lack of) this thing.

Cheers,
Jan
tread_geek
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 - 05:49 AM UTC
Greetings fellow campaigners. Here is a new or revised addition to the previous campaign banners that I posted on page two.

Matthew Lenton (firstcircle) has gratuitously accepted the position as XO (co-leader) for this campaign. He has also provided us with a potential award ribbon.

Here is a large scale version:

Here is the image reduced to approximate award ribbon size.

The meaning of the award:

The 'BB' not only exemplifies an acronym for the campaign name but also a small round projectile (usually .177 cal) that is used in air-propelled firearms. That should bring to mind weapon and small size.

The arrows reference to arrows appearing on military maps to indicate unit movement.

Thanks for the input, Matthew.

Thoughts and comments always appreciated.

Cheers,
Jan
firstcircle
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,249 posts
Armorama: 2,007 posts
Posted: Friday, August 20, 2010 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Matthew Lenton (firstcircle) has gratuitously accepted the position as XO (co-leader) for this campaign.

Surely " . . . graciously accepted . . ." ?