Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
What if Campaign?
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
KitMaker: 1,654 posts
Armorama: 1,565 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 01:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Alright guys, we are officially kicked off! Now let's see some crazy progress!

Gary: Thanks!

G: LOL, and I like it, buff is a good choice methinks.

jtucker: A Flux Capanthicitor?

Well Germany was in a state of"flux" at the time
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 07:23 AM UTC
I was the one too eager to start, and now I'm stumbling at the blocks. My "Hangar Queen" has center stage on my workbench, then my "Soft Skinned" Italeri humvee is only slightly started. That humvee is almost box stock, so it will be the practice for this one-- give me at least another two weeks to show anything here yet.
I'll be eagerly watching you guys in the meantime!
-Sean.
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 07:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I was the one too eager to start, and now I'm stumbling at the blocks.

Sounds like the symptoms of campaign fever. No doubt I will be experiencing the same later this year.

So D-Day. Time to show my first steps:

Nothing so far, I know. This is the campaign-specific score of a show day. The woody thing will be base for the dio and those MG ammo boxes will be used as well. Unfortunately did not find the figures I was after, but still about 8 months before I really need to buy those I think.

Most important thing: we're out the gates!
Removed by original poster on 05/15/11 - 21:07:58 (GMT).
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 10:17 AM UTC
Got some tracks
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 10:22 AM UTC
got some PE and a sweet metal barrel + the rain guard not to mention the cable.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 10:39 AM UTC
Sorry about multi-posts,can't figure how to add more than one pic per message.Anyway here's a pic of just the upper hull of my panther f between a pz kpfw III and a m4a1 sherman.The thing is huge! I guess I never figured out how really big they where compaired to "normal"sized tanks. And yes all 3 are 1/35 scale thats all i've gotten done so far.More to follow I'm sure.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 11:16 AM UTC
If the image is from the Kitmaker gallery, you can just paste the HTML code of the image into the message. If the image is from elsewhere and all they give you is a plain URL, then click the BBCode img button at the bottom of the Reply box for each image you want to add and paste the URL in.

Details on adding images to Kitmaker galleries and posts are in this thread:
TUTORIAL: Armorama Campaigns
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 11:47 AM UTC
Gary,pics are from kitmaker gallery,I copy 2 pics and paste into message but get 2 of the same pic.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:45 PM UTC
Yes, campaign fever is rampant amongst the ranks, but fear not as we will soon be moving forward in whatever bizarre directions we choose too

jtucker: Are you doing them one at a time? If not then you will only be pasting the last image you copied.
imatanker
Visit this Community
Maine, United States
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 12:59 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes, campaign fever is rampant amongst the ranks, but fear not as we will soon be moving forward in whatever bizarre directions we choose too

jtucker: Are you doing them one at a time? If not then you will only be pasting the last image you copied.

so I need to go back to my gallery and choose another pic?how do I get back to my orignal post?
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 04:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

so I need to go back to my gallery and choose another pic?how do I get back to my orignal post?

One thing you can do is to copy and paste the image tags from the kitmaker gallery into a regular text file. Keep the text file open when you make your post and copy and paste the image tags from the text file into your post.
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 15, 2011 - 10:40 PM UTC
Benjamin..... Great first Campaign Picture
jtucker.......... Panther F = NICE!

2 x quick questions folks...
1. Can I use 'Picasa' to post up my pictures?
2. I've managed to loose everybody's Avatars is this me or the site?

Glad the Campaigns finally under way I'm ready to go!
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 - 12:34 AM UTC
jtucker: What I do is open the gallery in another tab or window, then copy and paste at leisure. That was I don't have to leave the gallery or my post.

Duncan:
1) Yes, but you must load your final pictures into the campaing gallery.
2) They show up fine for me. Sometimes I lose them as well, or even other peoples pictures in posts if I'm logged in.
windysean
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 1,917 posts
Armorama: 735 posts
Posted: Monday, May 16, 2011 - 04:26 PM UTC
Strike while the iron is hot. Forget what I wrote earlier, I'm starting on this one. Why can't I have 3 builds going simultaneously?
Here's my starting shot, and since this pic I've already got the front half of the chassis complete.

...and away we go.
-Sean.
Whiskey_1
Visit this Community
Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 272 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 02:03 AM UTC
My thoughts exactly Sean. Three builds ain't that much is it (worst that can happen is that the shelf queens need to budge up a little).

So after the sunday teaser I thought I'd bring you folks up to speed about the state of my build (seeing as it was an in progress piece).

This picture gives you an idea of the general placement of the figures relative to the vehicle, so I really didnt bother to shoot a better photo. More detailed stuff follows anyway.

This is group A: various figures from various manufacturers. Left to right: Pegaso Para MG gunner, Dragon Luftwaffe-flak crew (arm is pegaso), Dragon Fallschirmjager (from the Crete 1941 set) with a topped-off hornet head and to the far (and vague) right a figure from the Dragon Gen2 Panzerschreck Team set. Note how the barrel end of the MG42 is missing...that's what you get from taking photos outside on a windy day...

This is the MK35 figure I might use: check out the creases in the left leg and the position of the belt....WAAAAAAY off. Will move this down the tasklist and see if there is still time for it. Next up is the E-10 itself (or Sd.Kfz.285 ausf.B "Frettchen"

That looks pretty far along don't it? Well, looks can be deceiving: all the white stuff is filler from errors by both Trumpeter and myself. The big ol' hole in the turret roof will eventually hold the MG. How is not yet clear. The homemade bolts on the rear will be swapped out for something more decent. The area where the upper and lower front plate interlock needs definition, just about all the PE still has to go on and I "misplaced" the arms for the idler wheels, so I need to scratchbuild new ones (unless someone can make two resin copies or has a scrap E-10 they can be taken from). At least the friuls are going the right direction...

And of course I still need to do the factory around it. If you need a little insipration to get building, check out this photoalbum by Eric Reits of the 35th anniversary show TWENOT held at the Overloon Victory Park. Some of my own shots:

Yibbedee-yibbeda...that all folks
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 04:52 AM UTC
Sean: Whatever floats your boat bud

Benjamin: Nice photos, I'll have to check out that gallery. Thanks for sharing! Hope you can source some replacement arms for that E-10. Have you contacted Trumpeter yet? You may be able to get some replacement parts from them.
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 12:52 PM UTC
Ok I am at a stopping point on the M48, so we will begin the LAV 150!

Pics later as I am cooking dinner as we speak.

G
AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 01:43 PM UTC
Ok here's the kit in all it's unbuilt glory.

I'm still deliberating colors. I have Tamiya, and LifeColor, acrylics, from which I have many variations. Then I have some MM enamels in Afrika Corps colors. Oh lordy what's a modeler to do?

G

PS - Lovely Photo Yukkit is acting up again.
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 02:13 PM UTC
Wow, some really nice activity already on this campaign.

Small bits for me:

I put a small left turn into the front wheels.

Removed the tailgate. There's a lot of cleanup left on this hack job

I'm still trying to decide if I should keep the transfer cases / brakes. I've already decided to not install the engine, fuel tank, drive train and exhaust, but I can't decide on the transfer cases. Plus side is that there could still be brakes, but I'm not sure how well they'd function without the power assist from the engine, or if they're even necessary. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Happy Modelling, -zon
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 03:37 PM UTC
G: That's a cool looking kit, still thinking about getting one myself.

Zon: That's a tricky question. It really depends on how you have the rest of your uhm, coach, set up. There needs to be some kind of braking system, especially with that kind of mass free rolling behind the horses. If there is a vacuum booster, then just cut it off of the master cylinder and bolt the cylinder up to the firewall. This would be the only way to keep the hydraulic brakes functional. They wouldn't be great, but they'd do the job. Otherwise you will have to go really old school and have a brake lever mounted up against the tires like an old carriage, or a boat anchor, or something real bizarre... I know, a drag chute!!
Shift911
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 192 posts
Armorama: 185 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 07:21 PM UTC
This is going to be a very fun thread, some of the scenarios here are just brilliant, especially the cooperation. Love it!

With classes over I've had some time to get going, finishing off most of my scratchbuilding rather quickly. The 1128 came in today, so rest of the week will be assembling the 105mm. Here's most recent progress.

I could see where shell casings ejecting from the turret might damage the hull or periscopes, so those may be removed, can't see there being a point to them anyway if the area is all ammo stores.

Since I'm moving along quite quickly Ive decided to add along another 1114 in a simple road diorama with some troops fighting an off-diorama enemy. I'll try to create a setting like Libyan news photos show, only where U.S. troops were dispatched to aid a rebellion. Not original I know...

I'm also going to be experimenting with a new camo, basing it off of Multicam, which should look pretty neat if I can pull it off on both models.

Looking forward to seeing the progress of others!

P.S. If anybody is interested in the entire lower body of an 1128 PM me.
jphillips
Visit this Community
Arizona, United States
KitMaker: 1,066 posts
Armorama: 789 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 08:18 PM UTC
[quote]
Quoted Text

As a "Zonie" I love your idea for an alliance. Have you thought of a flag yet? Maybe the javelina would be a good symbol for your new nation.

At first I was thinking Arizona/Nevada Alliance, and considered the emblem to be a mix of both states. I was specifically thinking of Arizona's "sunshine" flag, but done in Nevada's silver and blue colors.

Then I tossed Utah into the mix, thanx Russ , so now I'm a bit stumped. I will definately consider the Javelina. Your thoughts?

When it comes to national flags and emblems, simplest is best. You want something that can be slapped onto a vehicle quickly, by unskilled conscripts, and can be easily recognized at a distance. When several sides all use the same vehicle types avoiding friendly fire incidents becomes more important than camouflage, and if the US has dissolved obviously all the militias would be using the same Abrams, Humvees, M-113s, etc.
I think the Arizona flag is a bit too complex. The simpler, the better: crosses or roundels, or maybe letters, or a political slogan. During the Lebanese and Spanish civil wars, and later, during the wars of Yugoslav dissolution, the warring sides often painted the initials of their group prominently on the sides of their vehicles. In any case, you want easily distinguishable colors that look nothing like those of enemy factions. Don't forget to add some kind of conspicuous air recognition symbol on top of the turret, if your alliance has an air arm.
Good luck!
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 01:06 AM UTC
Wow! great Pic's of the Armour out to play.
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 01:23 AM UTC

Phewwwww! finally got there with the picture posting doo-dar!

Right here she is, will start on it tomorrow night (early,early start tomorrow morning)
I'm planning on drilling out the wheels as per the Merkava's drain holes so I'll be busy with the old pin drills! as I may do 5-6 holes per wheel! ek! ... how many wheels on a Panther?
I've also managed to get hold of an Academy M60 (fleebay again) so I'll be raiding the box for bits such as the 'Urdan' Cupola, 105mm gun and other goodies for the Panther!

Happy modeling to all, isn't it great to finally start this Campaign.
Regards Duncan.