_GOTOBOTTOM
Constructive Feedback
For in-progress or completed build photos. Give and get contructive feedback!
My ongoing 1/72 collection
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
KitMaker: 137 posts
Armorama: 137 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 09:15 AM UTC

Hello everyone

Since this is my first post i might just introduce myself a little, my name is Christoffer i'm from Denmark where i live in a city called Horsens. I'm currently studying to become and IT-Engineer (2. semester at the moment, exams soon *sigh*) and i try to get a few hours free each week to spend on this marvelous hobby .

I've been building and painting military model kits, mostly in 1/35 scale and from different eras, since i was about 6-7 years old. German ww2 tanks have always had a special place in my heart and recently after having browsed google for pictures i stumbled upon various sites for small scale ww2 wargaming and soon i was sitting with my first 1/72 kit infront of me i reckon the last time i build anything 1/72 was probably more than 10 years ago. The kit was an older kit from Dragon Models of a german Ferdinand tank destroyer, i think i finished it paint and everything in no more than a few hours.

Since then my collection of tanks have been growing steadily and i really find 1/72 to be the perfect scale for me, don't get me wrong i like the detail level of larger scale kits, but being able to finished these small kits in a matter of hours is really preferable for me in my current situation when juggling university, duties around the home, social life etc. and to be honest the detail level of the newer 1/72 is quite astonishing, especially kits from Dragon.

Until now i've mostly been sharing photos of my work with friend on Facebook, but i figured i should share it with more and maybe get some constructive feedback for my work so far from more experienced and interested people .

Im not going to post all the pictures here (I sincerly hope that isn't a problem) because i already spent so long time adding them to my newly started blog with just that in mind.
Here's the link
Panzer March!

Im currently building another Tiger I, a Panther G, 2 Stug III and a King Tiger (all from Dragon) so the blog will be updated frequently.

Comments and suggestions are of course more than welcome either here or on my blog.

Hope you like my work

*PS*
I would like to make it clear that i don't paint my tanks to look realistic, I try to make them more suited for wargaming and general display

Best Regards
Christoffer
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 11:47 AM UTC
Now that's a collection to be proud of, nice work Christoffer! I'm working on the 1/72 Dragon Elefant as we speak.

Btw, do you play WoT? I noticed it was posted on your site and was curious about it.
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 09:29 PM UTC
Yes i do, i suppose that also helped my interest spark again
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 04:10 AM UTC
Added some pictures of the process when i build my JagdPanther
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 12:42 PM UTC
Nice work, I need to get some of those Jagdpanthers for myself one of these days. I really like the Revell kits, but Dragon braille kits have become really nice.

How do you like WoT? I'm thinking about trying it out, but not sure if it will run on a laptop...
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 06:38 PM UTC
Well WoT is nice is guess, but it isn't exactly simulation or historical accurate, but fun non the less. The nice thing is you can play it for free (if you arm yourself with patience) and pay a little if you need a boost.
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 11:33 AM UTC
Ahh just revieved another package of kits today turned out to be a good day afterall
Joel_W
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
AUTOMODELER
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 11,666 posts
Armorama: 1,143 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 03:27 AM UTC
Excellent modeling. One really has to look hard to tell it's not a 1/35 scale model. With my tired old eyes, I wouldn't even attempt what you do so well.

BTW, great Blog.
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 05:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Excellent modeling. One really has to look hard to tell it's not a 1/35 scale model. With my tired old eyes, I wouldn't even attempt what you do so well.

BTW, great Blog.

Oh you are to kind sir!
raffrecon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 266 posts
Armorama: 258 posts
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 03:36 AM UTC
I LOVE THIS. i HAVE;NT BUILT A 1/72 KIT SINCE i WAS A KID AND THIS REALLY MAKES ME GIVE IT ANOTHER GO!

DAN
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 05:59 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I LOVE THIS. i HAVE;NT BUILT A 1/72 KIT SINCE i WAS A KID AND THIS REALLY MAKES ME GIVE IT ANOTHER GO!

DAN

Im glad i'm able to inspire you with my work
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 06:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

DAN

I'm having a blast with 1/72! I didn't think that I'd be able to work with such a small scale, but it's not as bad as it looks
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Monday, May 30, 2011 - 07:19 AM UTC
Being used to 1/35 i also thought it would be to small for me, but after having done a few kits, it really isn't to bad, of course it does vary from kit to kit since some kits have more small parts or maybe some PE parts
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 10:53 AM UTC
Updated with a few pictures if the build jagdpanthers, now they just need some paint
panzerIV
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 781 posts
Armorama: 676 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 11:48 AM UTC
these are great!! love these are the majority of the tanks dragon models?
i love 1/72 always a great challenge! ive currently got 4 hmmwv's to build, kv1 and t34 and an sas jeep N africa all 1/72 all my other were broken beyond repair by my little brother before he moved out! but now i can carry on with them!

keep us updated with more of your work loving them!
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, May 31, 2011 - 06:31 PM UTC
Yes pretty much all of my models so far are Dragon, except for the two Revell Stug IV and a couple of Trumpeter Tigers. I've just had so great experiences with Dragon in this scale that i keep buying them
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 08:25 AM UTC
Added a couple of new posts today, just wanted to show what i'm currently painting and working on and also to post some pictures of my Tigers with decals at last
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:58 AM UTC
Do you ever sleep? Lol, looks like more great stuff is in the works, keep it coming!
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2011 - 11:49 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you ever sleep? Lol, looks like more great stuff is in the works, keep it coming!

Heh well i haven't had time to paint anything the last week, so since i got the time now i better get things done!

Progressed abit futher on the Shermans, pictures posted
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:37 AM UTC
First Sherman platoon done! loads of pictures added!

Wonder what i will be painting next, probably my lonely Panther and my last Tiger.
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 11:57 PM UTC
Hi Christoffer,

like your blog a lot!!!

And your models are amazing!! Very crisp and extremely well painted and weathered!!

The Italeri Shermans are perfect IMHO! You have good representation of a real Sherman on your wargame table..and with a little effort you can turn them into real gems (like you did). And all this for little money, which is an important criteria with wargaming!

Have you ever considered putting stowage on your vehicles?? US tanks and halftracks call for it, but Stugs were usually cluttered as well!!

Thanks for posting the link!! And good luck!

Just be sure to keep us in the loop! OK!

Cheers

Romain
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 12:47 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Christoffer,

like your blog a lot!!!

And your models are amazing!! Very crisp and extremely well painted and weathered!!

The Italeri Shermans are perfect IMHO! You have good representation of a real Sherman on your wargame table..and with a little effort you can turn them into real gems (like you did). And all this for little money, which is an important criteria with wargaming!

Have you ever considered putting stowage on your vehicles?? US tanks and halftracks call for it, but Stugs were usually cluttered as well!!

Thanks for posting the link!! And good luck!

Just be sure to keep us in the loop! OK!

Cheers

Romain

Thank you so very much Romain!

Actually i have thought about it, atleast with the Shermans which would look very nice indeed, but when i build them i just didn't have anythng laying around
But Shermans do look rather naked without being loaded with crap
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Friday, June 03, 2011 - 09:49 AM UTC
Started on a new project today, this time i'm doing my last Tiger I and Panther G.
Blog is being updated as progress happens
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 03:55 AM UTC
aaaaaand done
Feel free to leave a comment

I think i will be doing 2xStugIII og 2xJagdPanther next, but now time for a little break and walking the dog.
Piratos
Visit this Community
Aarhus, Denmark
Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 - 10:44 AM UTC
Just recieved a few new kits today, i made a post about it, not alot of progress yet though

As i wrote in the post i would like some inspiration for the camo patterns i'm going to paint my new platoons in. Don't have a chance to paint alot the next couple of days (actually weeks probably) because of exams.
But if you have some nice photos of camo patterns for Panthers, Kingtigers and JagdTigers throw me a link on the blog in the comments section so i can keep everything together. But more on this later when the painting is actually going to start

For the panthers i was thinking maybe to try and paint them like this

But is abit thrown off by the amount of masking it's going to require to spray perfect hardlines like that on 3 tanks.

But i'm open for suggestions for all of the tanks, i would prefer Normandy/Ardennes patterns since they match my current army best i think.
 _GOTOTOP