Яusso-Soviэt Forum: Cold War Soviet Armor
For discussions related to cold war era Russo-Soviet armor.
Syrian T-62 Mod.72 build
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 08:17 AM UTC
No prob Gary, I have tons of T-62 pictures if you ever need anything I'll see what I can find for you.

Chris
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 2,465 posts
Armorama: 2,383 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 10:02 AM UTC
Hello Gentlemen,

Well guys, I think I have completed The T-62!

I Know i have said it several times but im gonna say it again. Thanks everyone for following along and giving your advise, support, expertise, and honest opinions. Without you guys im not sure what it would have been wrong or missing from this build. I have had a blast building this T62 and i have a new appreciation for this subject and others like Christophers BTR-60PB. which by the way is BAD ASS! I could go on and on but ill quit before it starts sounding all teary and emotional. Here is the T-62.
DSCF1878
DSCF1879
DSCF1880
DSCF1881
DSCF1885
DSCF1882
DSCF1883
Thanks for looking fellas! If you guys see anything that needs attention do not hesitate to let me know.

Gary
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 10:56 AM UTC
Super sweet build Gary!! I like it a lot.

Happy Modeling, -zon
kruppw
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,117 posts
Armorama: 1,115 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:28 AM UTC
Gary that is one sweet build there. Hard to believe it's OOB, it turned out perfect. I've saved all the photos you posted to my computer for reference and inspiration. Were you going to add an antenna to the base on the turret? Beyond that, glad to see another modern soviet tank done. Hope to see more builds from you soon

Chris
didgeboy
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 1,846 posts
Armorama: 1,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 12:24 PM UTC
wow!
retiredyank
Visit this Community
Arkansas, United States
KitMaker: 11,610 posts
Armorama: 7,843 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 12:44 PM UTC
You have some mad skills, Gary! I still haven't recovered from your Stuk 42 and this one drives it home! Seriously, you need to start entering some of your builds into competitions!
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 1,389 posts
Armorama: 1,388 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 01:04 PM UTC
Congrats Gary, this is one marvel of a build!
I'm once again speachless.

I'm proud to be your padawan master boggs windu

Phil.
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 128 posts
Armorama: 119 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 02:25 PM UTC

Quoted Text

You have some mad skills, Gary! I still haven't recovered from your Stuk 42 and this one drives it home! Seriously, you need to start entering some of your builds into competitions!

Simply stunning Gary - each one seems to be better than the one before if that is possible! I know Gary won't toot his own horn, but I've seen him bring home a gold or two at some competitions in the past couple years. What's crazy is that he has only been at this for a couple of years - talk about a natually gifted artist! I'm his nephew and I'm biased of course, but he is simply churning out magnificent work. A toast!

AgentG
Visit this Community
Nevada, United States
KitMaker: 1,109 posts
Armorama: 1,095 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 03:30 PM UTC
That is a superb build.

Bravo!

G
Nito74
Visit this Community
Lisboa, Portugal
KitMaker: 5,386 posts
Armorama: 4,727 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 09:41 PM UTC
great build Gary !!! Stuning paint job !!!!
Congrats !!!!!
cagkancakir
Visit this Community
Ankara, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 434 posts
Armorama: 409 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 10:37 PM UTC
Great build and exceptional paint job, it was a joy to follow your build log, thanks for all the reference for future T-62 projects..

CC
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 20, 2012 - 11:23 PM UTC
Gary- you have really hit this build out the park! If I was looking at this without the info in the rest of the thread I would think it couldn't possibly be an OOB build- the look you've managed to impart in the tracks alone makes them appear as if they are expensive metal items- I wish I could do plastic tracks that well.

The chipping you were so worried about has also turned out to be pitch-freakin-perfect and the brightly colored barrel and rusty track links also add a bit of color variety to the camouflage scheme- I also love the way you've painted the ends of the rear skirts- very realistic looking.

To be honest I think Matt has it right- you need to start entering comps and you should seriously consider trying to get this build into a magazine.

Congratulations on the build Gary- it has been a pleasure watching it come together.
Brobru
Visit this Community
Warszawa, Poland
KitMaker: 95 posts
Armorama: 86 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:41 AM UTC
Superb work Gary! It was pleasure to watch!
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 01:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks for looking fellas! If you guys see anything that needs attention do not hesitate to let me know.

Gary

I see something that needs attention! The empty spot in my display case!

asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 01:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Simply stunning Gary - each one seems to be better than the one before if that is possible! I know Gary won't toot his own horn, but I've seen him bring home a gold or two at some competitions in the past couple years. What's crazy is that he has only been at this for a couple of years - talk about a natually gifted artist! I'm his nephew and I'm biased of course, but he is simply churning out magnificent work. A toast!

I,ve seen Gary's awarded models and they are absolute delight to the eyes! So let me as well toot his horn: He is a true master modeler Props! Isuggest to everyone to go on Kyle's blog there are some masterfull build from both of them.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Phil.
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 01:46 AM UTC
Hi Phil -

That's very nice of you Phil, thanks!

Just FYI for anyone interested, Gary and I will be attending the first Lone Star Figure Show here in Dallas in a couple weekends. I will have tons of photos on my blog after the event. I expect the level of work to be on display to be the absolute best in the business. Can't wait!

http://www.lonestarfigureshow.com/

asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 02:16 AM UTC
Nice!
Wish I could go there myself and see your work.

Phil.
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 03:35 AM UTC
Hello Everyone,

Zon, Damon, Wayne, John, Jaroslaw,
Thanks for the great comments and for following along.

Matt - Thanks man im glad you like it and the Stuh. I do enter competitions for a couple years now.

Cagkan - Thanks alot man! im happy you got some usefull materials for this build.

Christopher, and Karl - Thank you guys for everything. you guys contributed lots of invaluable information on this build for me. I also took alot of inspiration from following your own builds. I learned so much on this build. I will definatley hit you guys up for the goods again on the next Russian built AFV. Thanks for the awsome compliments gents.

Kyle - Thanks Nephew for everything. I wouldnt be here if it wasnt for you giving me the clever kick in the ass i needed to start modeling. Looking forward to the model show in a couple weeks. Oh, and its been 4 yrs. now not 2!

Phil - My Buddy Phil! I cant even describe to you how hard you have made me laugh a couple times. you catch me off guard sometimes. Thanks for all your kind words and support. and especially for being my friend!

There i go again, getting all mushy and sentimental (as i wipe the tear from my eye!) This hobby has been a god send for me. And ill leave it at that!

Thanks
Gary
DieselRocket
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 04:16 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh, and its been 4 yrs. now not 2!

Holy crap! Already!?!?

Spiderfrommars
Visit this Community
Milano, Italy
KitMaker: 3,845 posts
Armorama: 3,543 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 05:28 AM UTC
Excellent job Gary!!

I've learned a lot following this thread.

Thanks again to have shared with us!

SovietBoy22
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 461 posts
Armorama: 452 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 05:54 AM UTC
Very Well Done!
Probably gonna be my favourite model of the year (unless you are planning any more amazing projects soon?)
The streaking and chipping are superbly done.
Thanks again for sharing and answering my questions!!!!!
Euan
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 06:34 AM UTC
Mauro - Thank you man! You contributed alot to this thread and i greatly appreciate that. I think we all learned some good stuff together. Im looking forward to the next one. im considering entering the Panther campaign.

Euan - Wow! Thanks man. Thats quite a nice compliment. Thank for following along man. And im happy to help any way i can. You can PM me if you ever need.

Thanks!

Gary
pseudorealityx
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,191 posts
Armorama: 1,814 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 09:00 AM UTC
Not bad...
BBD468
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:23 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Not bad...

Hi Jesse,

Yeah, i guess it will do!

Thanks Jesse for you advise and support on this project. I hope you Know its all your damn fault! If i hadent seen That bad ass T-55 i wouldnt have built this crapy T-62!

I hope you dont mined if i call on you for your advise from time to time. yes? no?

Thanks man
Gary
asmodeuss
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Mauro - Thank you man! You contributed alot to this thread and i greatly appreciate that. I think we all learned some good stuff together. Im looking forward to the next one. im considering entering the Panther campaign.

Euan - Wow! Thanks man. Thats quite a nice compliment. Thank for following along man. And im happy to help any way i can. You can PM me if you ever need.

Thanks!

Gary

You defenitly should join in the fun on the panther campaing!
You would be a real help for us all.
And I could follow you on the same thread

Phil.