This old house
mcsixtyfive
Visit this Community
Italy
KitMaker: 52 posts
Armorama: 48 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 06:25 AM UTC
hi jerry, astonishing work!

if I can, I am puzzled by one thing: the facade looks flush with the sides of the roof, apart from the triangle at the top and from the pictures (shadows) of the real one, they would appear to stick out, even if only slightly, forward ... my impression?

I support the request for more pictures of this beautiful work!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 08:01 AM UTC

Quoted Text

WOW!!!!!!

Amazing!!

Congrats my friend for a real achievement!!

Only one "complaint" .....MORE photos please!

Romain,
Thanks for the very kind comments. I will try to get the time to take some more pics,
J

Cheers

Romain

jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 08:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry the houses all together look stunning- they create a great atmosphere and have plenty of character- but as Romain said- more pictures please!!

Thanks Karl,as I told Romain,I will try to get some more piccies,
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 08:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

hi jerry, astonishing work!

if I can, I am puzzled by one thing: the facade looks flush with the sides of the roof, apart from the triangle at the top and from the pictures (shadows) of the real one, they would appear to stick out, even if only slightly, forward ... my impression?

I support the request for more pictures of this beautiful work!

Thanks for the kind thoughts buddy! I am happy you like the old buildings. I think what you may be seeing is the left side of the roof . That does not have the tiles on it yet. I still have some work to finish here.which is why I haven't posted much. I like to post works in progress but then people are not sure what is done and what isn't finished.
J
blockhaus
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 693 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 - 02:25 AM UTC
Hi Jerry, as interested in building modelling I want to say that you work is superb, noy only in the dessing of the piece, nut in is painting! congrats!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2013 - 03:02 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi Jerry, as interested in building modelling I want to say that you work is superb, noy only in the dessing of the piece, nut in is painting! congrats!

Thanks for the kind words my friend. I know you like the buildings because you do such a nice job on making them yourself!
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 - 08:04 AM UTC
Sorry for the bump. I was trying to make it easier for Pablo to see this thread. Hope no one minds.
J
pdelsoglio
Visit this Community
Mendoza, Argentina
KitMaker: 561 posts
Armorama: 553 posts
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 - 08:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry for the bump. I was trying to make it easier for Pablo to see this thread. Hope no one minds.
J

Thanks J! It is really an impressive work! I do not know if I would have nor the time or patience to build it and achieve your results!
Congrats on your little piece of architecture!
I will suscribe to this thread so I can follow your progress!

Cheers!
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 04, 2013 - 11:39 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

J

Thanks J! It is really an impressive work! I do not know if I would have nor the time or patience to build it and achieve your results!
Congrats on your little piece of architecture!
I will suscribe to this thread so I can follow your progress!

Cheers!

Gracias amigo,
I have had to put this dio on hold for a bit while I finish some master patterns for airplanes. I keep looking at it in the corner and wish I could be gluing roof tiles again.
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 08, 2013 - 04:43 AM UTC
Finally got enough roof tiles cast to finish the left side of the smithies' roof.
Took a few quick snaps. It is kind of nice to have all of the buildings seperate as I can move them around and create all kinds of different photo ops. Seeing as I rarely get out or never enter contests maybe I should keep the buildings un- attached? Moeglich,oder??

I am hoping to get this airplane master work done so I can get back to playing with my own personal town.
J
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 09:10 AM UTC
this is coming along beautifully. just wow!
Tiger_213
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,510 posts
Armorama: 1,443 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 10:11 AM UTC
Love it Jerry, glad you're still moving along.
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 12:18 PM UTC
Ola Jerry

While browsing through this thread I noticed it has been way too long since I replied. And I have to say that this seriously evolved into something beautiful. I love it. It look stunning. That archway really reminds me of an Arch you can find in the old village of valkenburg in the South of the Netherlands. Really well done. Also that building with the weird roof. Is wonderfull. Again... This is the kind of stuff that could be designed by mister Pieck. This scenery only needs some 16th century dwellers and citypeople and a few carriages and you are set.
Karl187
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,094 posts
Armorama: 2,942 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 14, 2013 - 11:42 PM UTC
Jerry this is coming along so well- I think keeping the buildings un-attached to each other is quite a neat idea because, as you said, you can move them around to suit whatever positioning you want.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 - 01:54 AM UTC
Thanks James and Christopher. It's very nice of you to check in again and say such nice things,
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 - 02:00 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Ola Jerry

While browsing through this thread I noticed it has been way too long since I replied. And I have to say that this seriously evolved into something beautiful. I love it. It look stunning. That archway really reminds me of an Arch you can find in the old village of valkenburg in the South of the Netherlands. Really well done. Also that building with the weird roof. Is wonderfull. Again... This is the kind of stuff that could be designed by mister Pieck. This scenery only needs some 16th century dwellers and citypeople and a few carriages and you are set.

Thanks for looking in again Robert,
The arch is just from my imagination,having looked at so many medievel sites it is a composite as are the other fachwerkhauser. The steep roofed building though,is loosely based on the old blacksmith building in Rothenberg ob der Tauber. Very cool town that I recommend visiting to anyone that wants to be transported back to the 30 years war era.
I am tempted to just put an old time scene but I am still aiming for post WWII as it will involve a lot less figure conversions!!
J
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 15, 2013 - 02:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry this is coming along so well- I think keeping the buildings un-attached to each other is quite a neat idea because, as you said, you can move them around to suit whatever positioning you want.

I do like to be able to move them around but there will come a time when I must make the cobbelstone roads,etc and then it will start to look cheesey if I don't blend the buildings into the groundwork. Kind of limiting but what can you do??
J
arnhem
Visit this Community
Utrecht, Netherlands
KitMaker: 19 posts
Armorama: 15 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 - 08:01 AM UTC
Great work. It looks like the Anton Pieck houses on the railway diorama in "de Efteling" in Holland.

Hans
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 01:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Great work. It looks like the Anton Pieck houses on the railway diorama in "de Efteling" in Holland.

Hans

I would be happy if I was half as good as Anton! Thanks for the kind words,
J
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 1,744 posts
Armorama: 1,727 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 08, 2013 - 04:35 PM UTC
Happy that the thread has "reappeared"!!

Somehow missed these last photos

You did a marvelous job here my friend!! I've hardly come across anything better.

And leave them "single"!! Infinite combinations!!!!!

Big congrats again!!

Cheers

Romain
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 01:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Happy that the thread has "reappeared"!!

Somehow missed these last photos

You did a marvelous job here my friend!! I've hardly come across anything better.

And leave them "single"!! Infinite combinations!!!!!

Big congrats again!!

Cheers

Romain

Thanks Rom,
I will see what can be done . The question is the street. I want the buildings to blend with the street and that would be hard to accomplish if I kept the buildings loose and seperate. Kind of cheesy looking probably?
I am getting pretty quick buiding these so maybe just custom building for each scenerio is better? I don't get as detailed as the Clerveuxmeister so I can go faster.
J
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 02:03 AM UTC
Jerry, why don't you use Selitron (or whatever it's called over there) for the street.
It is sound insulation material for wood flooring of about 5-6mm thickness and is basically fine-grained expanded poly (Styrodur o.s.).
It can quickly and easily be scribed with a screwdriver f.ex., so you can do new stretches of cobbled road for every combination.

Cheers

Romain
jrutman
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 04:19 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Jerry, why don't you use Selitron (or whatever it's called over there) for the street.
It is sound insulation material for wood flooring of about 5-6mm thickness and is basically fine-grained expanded poly (Styrodur o.s.).
It can quickly and easily be scribed with a screwdriver f.ex., so you can do new stretches of cobbled road for every combination.

Cheers

Romain

Good idea but the problem is not the materials as I am happy with what I use. The problem is if I make the buildings modular and capable of being moved around then the street would have to be very generic and the buildings would have to just sit on top of the street and not actually blend into it.
I have plenty of time to contemplate the issue though as I have more than a few projects underway!!
J
1stjaeger
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2013 - 09:47 AM UTC
and the inspiration will come!

Cheers

Romain
jrutman
Visit this Community